Create a custom mask site down?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had just created a mask about a month ago.

i just googled it and it popped up.

but.......i just did the same thing now and im pretty sure they are rolling it into the new website for AO3.

sorry man, i could be totally wrong, but i think its shut down now.

so it may only be a matter of time before they shutdown the in-game online servers aswell.

like i said, before i just googled it and it popped up and i got to work.

but now its just black with white logos & links. one of the logos is for FROSTBITE2, which is why i think its for the new AO3 since they are supposed to use that engine.

good luck.

but i think this title just became an IMPOSSIBLE PLATINUM from scratch.

add it to the list, ha

Edited by PrimitivePlus

i had just created a mask about a month ago.

i just googled it and it popped up.

but.......i just did the same thing now and im pretty sure they are rolling it into the new website for AO3.

sorry man, i could be totally wrong, but i think its shut down now.

so it may only be a matter of time before they shutdown the in-game online servers aswell.

like i said, before i just googled it and it popped up and i got to work.

but now its just black with white logos & links. one of the logos is for FROSTBITE2, which is why i think its for the new AO3 since they are supposed to use that engine.

good luck.

but i think this title just became an IMPOSSIBLE PLATINUM from scratch.

add it to the list, ha

glad i got the trophy before this. hopefully the servers dont go down for a while, as i still have to do extraction, and the trophies for hard difficulty dont require servers. then i PLAT!

You just need to go to Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel. You need to register on the site through EA, then log in on the aot.com site. Then, you just go to the custom mask bit, create your own, send it to your game, and done.

I sent 2 masks to my game the other night, so I doubt the site is down. From what I see, the site is very popular, and people love creating custom masks to use on AoT. It makes the multiplayer more fun. Hell, my main is Rios and I have a War Machine mask. Salem has an Iron Man mask, and it makes playing the campaign more fun.

Edit: Whoa! I guess the site changed for the new game coming out. Awesome! Unfortunate for those who cant get this trophy now. Good thing I got this before all the changes happened. Try to Google the custom mask creator and somehow create one for the trophy. If not, this game will go under the un-Platinumable list. Shit, that also means that with a new game coming out and EA changing stuff around, I better hurry up and get the online trophies before they shut down the servers.

~ Rafdog89

Edited by Rafdog89

Can someone confirm this?

Yeah, I've confirmed it. Try to go to the AoT site and it'll show you the new converted EA AoT page. Even if you Google 'army of two mask creator' it'll bring up links, but will direct you to the same EA converted page.

Maybe they'll put the mask creator on a new link once they get the chance. But knowing EA and their ways, I highly doubt that. I give it a week, and if not within that time, then this game will most likely end up in the un-Platinumable list. The big wigs of PS3T will confirm it eventually. Shame. Damn you, EA!

~ Rafdog89

Nice. Can you copy/paste their reply? Also, did you ask about the connectivity issue for the online? Because I did, and I'd like to see what their reply is.

~ Rafdog89

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I have reviewed your mail and gathered that you are facing problems in using the mask creator on the website of "Army of Two: The 40th Day".

I apologize for the trouble. I will look into this immediately and do my best to get the matter sorted for you.

I am sorry but it seems that there is some maintenance going on the official website due to which you are facing the problems.

Please try using the feature later and then check whether you still face the same problem or not.

^that's the message. No i did not ask about the connectivity for online but i do know the online servers went down for maintenance on the 2nd to 3rd of this month, so maybe something went wrong during that period. (didn't actually know of the connectivity issue as not tried online yet)

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I have reviewed your mail and gathered that you are facing problems in using the mask creator on the website of "Army of Two: The 40th Day".

I apologize for the trouble. I will look into this immediately and do my best to get the matter sorted for you.

I am sorry but it seems that there is some maintenance going on the official website due to which you are facing the problems.

Please try using the feature later and then check whether you still face the same problem or not.

^that's the message. No i did not ask about the connectivity for online but i do know the online servers went down for maintenance on the 2nd to 3rd of this month, so maybe something went wrong during that period. (didn't actually know of the connectivity issue as not tried online yet)

Yeah, he's not really giving you a straightforward answer. All s/he is saying is that the old site (AoT: The 40th Day aka www. armyoftwo .com) is down for 'maintenance' and that you should try to do the mask creator later on. How much later on? Who knows. The message really translates to: "The site is converted and there's nothing I can do. Try again within the weeks/months and see if you're able to see the mask creator option anymore."

I can still connect online, but sometimes it keeps telling me to connect to the EA servers. If this message pops up, just keep connecting when it asks and it'll eventually take you to the main online menu (with quickmatch etc.). The game obviously connected with the previous site somehow, and maybe with that changing over is what's causing the connective issues.

The servers are changing, and therefore the 2nd game can no longer connect to the servers because of the change. So the servers aren't offline, but more of messed up at the moment... at least, that's what I hope lol. And until EA announces that "Army of Two: The 40th Day" is going offline, then I'll believe it, otherwise I believe this is just a mix up of servers.

~ Rafdog89

Well i'm planning to send another message in just over a week or so if the website not working and i'll ask for a more concrete time frame and such i'll let you know what the answer is. I hope you're right on the servers, really i just praying that they've decided to try link the service for mask creating with the new one, and the online servers get sorted out. Just wish i won't be kicking my self for not getting onto this game sooner.

Not sure if they'll bring back the custom mask creator. Contact EA. If we were able to get EA's attention and make them fix the online connectivity issue, then I'm sure they'll think of something to make custom masks able to work again for T4D.

Best ways to reach them: live chat. If that's not getting you anywhere within 2 weeks, give 'em a call. Whatever you do, though, don't get e-mail help; it's pointless and useless.

~ Rafdog89

Yeah, fixing the custom mask creator is a whole different ballpark. With the site being converted over completely, they probably don't even have access themselves to the mask creator option anymore.

Luckily, they fixed the online issue, but as for the custom masks the trophy, I have, unfortunately, little-to-no hope for EA bringing back the site. I'd honestly be surprised if they did.

~ Rafdog89

I just bought the game and was psyched about making a custom mask. Too bad. I just spoke to EA about the issue, here is what they had to say:

Vinay:

Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Vinay how may I help you?

you:

Yes, I just purchased Army of Two The 40th Day and I wanted to make a custom mask using the creator which is supposed to be on armyoftwo.com but it doesn't seem to be there. Am I missing it?

Vinay:

Hello.

Vinay:

I appreciate your interest towards the game.

Vinay:

Before proceeding, may I have your first and last name please, so that I can address you properly.

you:

Yes, Sarah Williams.

Vinay:

Thank you Sarah.

Vinay:

I am afraid that this feature of the game has been removed from the game now. I apologize for any disappointment caused.

you:

So it will never return?

Vinay:

I am afraid that there is no such update is available about this.

Vinay:

You can post this issue on our official forum -

Vinay:

EA Forums

So there we have it. Gone forever. I'm not really sure why it just wasn't built into the game. I guess I will never have the satisfaction of making my own mask.

So there we have it. Gone forever. I'm not really sure why it just wasn't built into the game. I guess I will never have the satisfaction of making my own mask.

that stinks for people who didnt get the trophy :(. this can now be forever be said as an Unplatinumable game [for those who dont have it yet] :(.

btw welcome to the forums :D

Edited by Bobzilla26

I just bought the game and was psyched about making a custom mask. Too bad. I just spoke to EA about the issue, here is what they had to say:

They'll probably have this feature again for The Devil's Cartel. But what a weird trophy to have issues and make the Platinum unobtainable now (for those who haven't already obtained the mask trophy).

Then again, in TDC, it seems like they'll have in-game mask and armor customization options. I'm hoping they stick with this, as I'll like this very much.

~ Rafdog89

It is gone because of EA stupidity, how can someone forget about this? They just made the site without taking account of it! Was so hard to make a new page dedicated of Devil's Cartel instead replacing the old one?

one thing i would suggest is ask the customer support people to see if they can get the developers to make a custom mask that is available to all people who have yet to make a mask thereby allowing them to get the trophy. it would be easier for them to do that than have them remake the website.

• 2 weeks later...