Question / Problem "Hardcore"

Hey guys,

I once borrowed this game a few months ago, now I'm aiming to get plat here.

So I wanted to complete the game on hardest difficulty first. This afternoon I did choose a save game which I thought was my old beginning of the hardest playthrough, at the end of chapter 1. I choose Salem and at the next screen the difficulty was set to normal, I got confused but thought that the game always displays that (Now I think that it was indeed on normal). I switched it to hardest and continued. At the end of chapter 4 I got the "softcore" trophy which you get for completing half the game on hardest difficulty.

But at the end of the game I did not get the "hardcore" trophy, wtf?! I'm 100% sure that I did not change the difficulty while playing, I did it in one run.

Is it possible that I only played the first chapter, a few months ago, on normal, then switched today to hardest and in consequence didn't get "hardcore"? But is it normal to get "softcore" then?

Can I just play the first chapter again on hardest via mission-select and I'll get "hardcore"? Or do I have to play the whole campaign on hardest again?!

tl;dr

probably played the first chapter only on "normal", then switched to "hardest", completed the game, got "softcore" in between, but not "hardcore" at the end. possible to replay first chapter via mission select on "hardest" to get instant "hardcore"?

thanks in advance!

So, after some hours of sleep I decided to start again at chapter 1 on hardest.

After I've reached that checkpoint to which I've played on normal and from which I started playing on hardest the trophy popped!

Mission select and only re-playing the needed chapter / mission works.