Read this before trying Platinum!!

Okey, when you are thinking of buying this game to platinum, take the following in consideration.

Most trophies wont be that hard to get, the trophy rating for this game isn't high....but....

If you realllllly wanna go for the plat. Make sure to get King of the (freakin) Hill first. If you dont get this trophy you sure as hell dont want to get 6666 kills in campaign mode.

Why is this trophy so hard? I just have to win all rounds on al maps.

Yup...true...winning is not the tricky part.

The tricky part is finding descent lobby's with descent players.

Remember you have to be in the lobby before the match starts untill it ends. The host may not leave the game, because it wont count.

Then there are the freaks of nature. Players with amazing skills (who do not care about trophies or your quest to get them) who will be online 24/7 and have nothing better to do then whoop ur little ass all the way to marioland.

So...if you finally find a lobby with descent skilled and social players (which is very hard cause their are 41 players playing this game online atm) make sure you win all 18 rounds and pray to god or EA's CEO that the damn trophy pops up. Cause if it doesn't (like in my case) you have to figure out on which map the freakin host left the game.

This game is as good as dead. If you want plat. Get it fast!

Good luck.

If anyone is organizing a boost lobby...count me in.

Agreed - the MP is horrid if your not hosting, making it very difficult to actually win without boosting if your playing to get KotH. Seems like the only people who play nowerdays are the hardcore fans of the game. You definitely dont want to grind out 6,666 kills for the beast, unless you have got the platinum effectively guaranteed, and that means having all the MP trophies.

My advice if you're going for the extraction related trophies is to host the game, so that you do not get disconnected, because both of them are quite time consuming. (I am still missing 'Bound for Life' for platinum).

There is a trick to hosting your own game online, as shown here:

How to host your own Extraction room

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just another FYI for everybody...

If you receive a message about "Connection Issues...", the match will NOT count if you win.

So to sum up the things that can ruin the current match for you...

1) Host leaves the session

2) Any sort of "Connection" message

3) If you weren't in the lobby at the start of the match

Good luck people, this was an awful hard (P) due to the terrible online component.

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to get King Of The Hill no problem. My recommendation is to attempt this trophy with a group of solid players that are also going for the trophy. This way anyone can host in your group and you won't have to worry about them leaving the game.

Try to have each player in your group use a second controller. This takes up more spaces in the lobby and prevents the chances of randoms showing up. If you receive a "connection interruption" message that particular match will not count and you will have to play it again. Most importantly, keep a checklist of what maps you have completed.

I followed all of the tips above and got my trophy no problem. Hopefully you will too.

I was having trouble with this a while back too, nobody was responding on the boosting thread & I was having little luck winning legit with the crap servers. I just kept at it & before I knew it I didn't have to boost any of the wins on any map & I did it legit. I boosted Extraction though for obvious reasons, being that people leave the game via DC or just quitting.

• 4 weeks later...
I was having trouble with this a while back too, nobody was responding on the boosting thread & I was having little luck winning legit with the crap servers. I just kept at it & before I knew it I didn't have to boost any of the wins on any map & I did it legit. I boosted Extraction though for obvious reasons, being that people leave the game via DC or just quitting.

Congrats on doing it legitimately. With the way the servers are, not hosting the game caused me incredible lag.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i rented this game from the rental store i used to work at (since has gone bankrupt) and i got all the storyline trophies in a rental period.. actually i got them all except for the ones that dealt with the locked mp modes when the game 1st released (kill of the hill included in that list. i heard rumors that the servers for this were shut down.. now that i know they arn't means ill re rent the game and start on it again. kill of the hill will be a bitch

• 2 weeks later...
KoTH doesn't sound all that bad if you just boost the shit!!

The problem with this mentality is that the matches are fairly long and people can still join after the start. When I was playing the US version, there were some amazing players on during the night that would just destroy you.

During the afternoon though, we would run train on co-op deathmatch because all the best players weren't on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got this game the day it came out and never really thought about getting the platinum trophy until I saw how close I am. I'm trying to organize a boost lobby for. Few of the multiplayer lobby's and if anyone wants to help me with extraction trophies that'd be great too. You need to have a mic.

• 3 weeks later...