DIY PMC (mask not sending to game)

DIY PMC is not working for me. I've sent at least 10 mask to the game now yet they never come up in the mask section. My persona is linked with my psn and I just can't figure out why its not working. Do I have to be a certain level before I can send it or should I have done it when I first started to play the game? I followed the link in the guide and even watched you tube vids yet I still can't get it in game.

EDIT 22/10/2011 - Easy fix.

The easy way to get over the issue was to take my ps3 around to someone else's house and log in through their internet. The reason for a mask not arriving in game is most likely port blocks (cheap crap modems) This is also a better way rather then giving a random stranger from here your log in info which I highly advise you NOT to do.

Edited by JoshT
adding my method for gettig the mask in game

yeah i think you get it. the website makes you save a mask first before you can publish it. im not sure but saving it allows you to modify it later and publishing means its open to the public for use but you can no longer modify it, only copy it.

so you have to save and publish the mask with the account registered to both AoT and then PSN; then hopefully you should be able to see it in the custom section of either the single or multiplayer menu.

it really sucks that the game is giving you this much grief about something so meaningless. damn trophy.

I just tried again a few times.

Made a mask/armour,

Saved it by hitting the red "save" tab,

then done the publish thing - gave it a name/description,

sent it to the game,

window come up saying -successfully sent to game-

Went to the game menu,

hit mask, it connects then just keeps searching

and no mask :confused:

Its so dam annoying and confusing. I must be doing something wrong somewhere.

After I couldn't get mine in game I tried some random persons mask. It donethe same as mine, says it sent to game but nothing. All I can think of is keep playing, see if it will work after level 10 (just a guess) for the other mask to unlock and if nothing hworks I'll go for the other trophies then delete my save after they're done then try just sending the mask.

i played with my custom mask from lvl 1 in both the single player and multiplayer modes. deleting the save file/game data might work but im thinking it could be something with your connection. you might have to try playing the game on a friend's console.

• 2 weeks later...
i played with my custom mask from lvl 1 in both the single player and multiplayer modes. deleting the save file/game data might work but im thinking it could be something with your connection. you might have to try playing the game on a friend's console.

Does the PS3 have to be off or on ( I think I tried both ) cause I've read that you must have the machine off and roosterteeth's vids so his console on?

you do not have to have the PSN on at the same time, i sent it to my account during the psn outage period, and it unlocked when I played MP for the first time after sending it.

Everything you seem to be doing, is correct. Perhaps as a last resort you may need to store your file elsewhere and then try deleting it? I know that was a fix for the DLC trophy glitches, but Im not sure if it would work here.

Well I've tried sending another few but nothing. I tried sending my data to online storage, deleting it off my PS3 and trying then but still nothing. I also tried both of those 2 methods but with a good mate making the mask on his laprtop then sending them to me but then again nothing.

All I can try now is get my mate to try the mask/send to game thing on his PS3 and laptop and if that don't work I guess Im going to have to contact EA.

STUPID TROPHY!

• 1 month later...

Update: last nights tries.

Tried making a few mask, they successfully sent to game. went to game and as normal...no mask :mad: (tried offline and online)

Tired using Goggle chrome instead of IE though for some reason got no option to send amask in-game.

Went to EA chat. Was in queue for 1hour 30mins then got to be 1st in queue but when it was my turn there was no advisors online all of a sudden :mad:

Sent EA support an email to figure this shit out. Today (the day after the email) they send me a link that just goes to a topic on the AO2 site which I've already been through a couple of times :mad:

I replied back to EA and basicly asked for someone that could help instead of just mailing me time wasting links.

EDIT:

Just went through and checked that EA has my persona as my PSN id and the AO2 site is also my PSN id. The emails are all the same and I've just sent 3 more mask (othersmade) as I can't make my own anymore or even send ones I've made. What is odd is that after making sure the details are correct i kept getting this message when I'd check someone else's profile

"You must link your Xbox Live Gamertag or Playstation Network ID to your EA web account before you can view this page. To link your Gamertag or PSN ID with your EA web account you must enter your EA account login information in-game at the prompt that appear after accessing online content. You may also create a new EA web account in-game and log in to this website with the corresponding email address and password."

It's odd cause I can't access the EA web account in-game?? I did do that but through the PC and not in-game. Could that be what the problem is?

Edited by JoshT

• 4 weeks later...

JoshT i have EXACTLY same thing happen to me!

i've created a mask.

friend told me i had to be signed into AO2 website with my PSN ID so i could send it to the game.

i sent it and when in game i go into 'masks' and scroll to 'custom masks' there's nothing. :(

i press :square: to refresh and the circles just keep turning and turning and turning and turning....

i've tried now several times and the situation is still the same.

could you please tell me if you have somehow resolved your problem since your last post here?

or if anyone else has or had the same problem and managed to fix it

i would very much appreciate because i'm getting desperate with only a few trophies left to complete towards platinum :pout:

ps is there a way to sign into EA account from in-game? and if yes, where?

Edited by AnnMaRou

@AnnMaRou - Only thing I have left to try is to take my ps3 or game to someone elses house and trying their net to make the mask, send it to the game then see if it works.

JoshT i think i have it figured it out!! :dance:

after breaking my head over this for a few days i've contacted EA via live chat.

the 1st level of support was unable to help me so they redirected me to level 2 :rolleyes:

BUT they've really been trying to sort it!:)

after doing everything they could on their end finally they asked me to run a traceroute to easo.ea.com and there must've been something in the log that prompted them for me to run a check on ports 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3659, 6000, 9570, 5223, 8080, 10000, 18141, 18146, 20000-23000

guess what, apart from port 80 all of them had been closed and that's why even though mask sends successfully to the game, the game itself is unable to retrieve it!

i am green on port opening/forwarding but i've found where and how to do it, yet it didn't work :( (interesting cos my ps3 is on enabled DMZ and it should've open all ports automatically :whistle:)

i guess firewall or ISP settings on the router are prohibiting any change

so here's the solution!! (after all the pain and wasted time on a wild goose chase :mad:)

i've allowed my trusted friend to log into my PSN account on his PS3, run the game, get the masks i had previously created and use them in online match until trophy popped, then he synced trophies with PSN and when i logged back on my machine my new shiny and hard worked for (P) and DIY PMC were there!!!! :applause:

so your idea is absolutely on the money! either take the machine with you OR if your friend has PS3 already just take AO2 disc with you, sign in with your PSN account and do it. no need to do the masks again, they're all there, it's just that router doesn't allow for them to appear in the slots... :wall: blasted DIY PMC :deadhorse:

let me know if it worked for you - it could save sanity to others who have the very same problem :angel:

thanks for getting back to me and good luck!

• 1 month later...
I'm trying to send a mask I created to my game but the button that you click to send your mask to the game is grayed out.

Any thoughts?

All I can think of is to double check you added it to a slot, added a description, a title to it and make sure your psn profile thing is added. If you keep having trouble you could try just sending someone else's mask to your game.

Edited by JoshT