help on stage 32

CasaDeBen

I use magi, with holy star sinker, and ive been using the dlc frog helmet for the magi. I can get through the level pretty well with minimal loses even though the lightning destroys me, but my issue is the final boss. No matter what I do, I die, and its such a long and boring level in the end that I cant bring myself back to it, I would really like to finish the game so any suggestions? Is she a "demon" so I should use a demon weapon with spearmen and beat her? I know how to beat the boss, but it seems impossible with magi, and you cant even resummon goblins to help you, without using an item, but I dont want to just alchemize a lot of items.

• 1 month later...
I use magi, with holy star sinker, and ive been using the dlc frog helmet for the magi. I can get through the level pretty well with minimal loses even though the lightning destroys me, but my issue is the final boss. No matter what I do, I die, and its such a long and boring level in the end that I cant bring myself back to it, I would really like to finish the game so any suggestions? Is she a "demon" so I should use a demon weapon with spearmen and beat her? I know how to beat the boss, but it seems impossible with magi, and you cant even resummon goblins to help you, without using an item, but I dont want to just alchemize a lot of items.

Hi, after 3rd try I have managed to beat that level.

1. Make sure you enter the final boss area with 100 Magis. I am using those with 240 damage rod (fire).

2. Never let the L button and stand near the edge of the area. Watch out for lightning bolts. When you are near the edge they barely come to the main area. Most of them are outside.

3. When the monster is trying to suck your magis he can't because you are stanging far and holding L, hold also R to charge the blast. When one of the tentacles is trying to suck you, release R and shoot it. He will stop sucking.

4. Kill the giant tentacle or whatever you call it and cut it, eat it. Move the the next one. Don't bother shooting between tentacles. Cutting them take a lot of HP from the boss.

5. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

This level is insane.

I'm running 100 Magi with Frog Helmet and Holy Star Sinker. Made it to the boss first time, died (wasn't expecting the lightning strikes) and haven't been able to get close again.

Biggest problem I'm having is the key rooms where the lightning fences are, and the narrow bits you need to get through to hit the floor switches.

Is the star sinker the best choice? It does 200 damage with a short slow effect, though I have the Fire and Lightning rods which do 240 damage with no slow.

EDIT: After a couple more failed attempts, I finally beat this level (seriously the toughest so far). 100 Magi, Frog hats, Star sinker. Frog hat helps most with the lightning fences in a couple of areas where you hit the buttons. For the main boss I kept in formation and circled the area (if you stay in one spot you get zapped). Never got sucked up and just hit each head with a full charge as I circled around. Took ages but I only had 21 guys left, so I wasn't taking any chances.

Edited by P_Pigly_Hogswine

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

OK i also had difficulty with this level so replayed many times.

I perfected the build up but then kept getting blasted by the lightening on the final boss loosing virtually all my Magi in one go. The few Magi you are left with just dont do enough damage.

How i eventually beat it was to set up the Magi with with Frog Head and Holy Star Sinker and the spearmen with Bunny Ears and the most powerful spear you have managed to unlock (dont worry about special attributes just go for the highest damage one).

Also make sure you craft a few Horns as well just in case you need to recall goblins in the final stage.

So start off with 100 Magi as this clears the first room and the first dragon very quickly, however don't bother to use the formation on these two levels as you can charge your shot twice as quick and so should be able to clear them quicker and also make the dragon flee before she starts to circle the map blasting you with fire.

When going for the first 2 keys then stay in formation to help avoid the electric fences but dont worry too much about losing a few goblins as they get easier to navigate with only 50 anyway and you can still remain powerful enough to one or two shot most of the enemies with a full charge.

Once you have two Keys and have reached the stage where you can get more goblins then dont bother to replenish more than a total of 50 Magi as you will probably just loose the extra them in the next set of fences anyway.

Now once you have all four keys you will end up back at the goblin cage.

At this point i would now max out your army with Spearmen and would even suggest killing Surplus Magi in one of the fences or fires in one of the cleared levels so as to give you a full army of Spearmen.

Now with your Spearmen you should be able to take down the Dragon quick quickly so long as you are careful where you aim and if your quick she wont get much of a chance to shoot firballs.

When the Dragon circles then keep your eye on her and use the x to fast dodge away from her path of fire but make sure you dont dodge into a trap.

Once she is defeated then go back up to the goblin cage and max out your Spearmen to 100 again then head down to the final Boss.

With the final Boss stay well back and aim your Spearmen at the Worms head taking care to move to the left or right to avoid any traps in your path.

Once they have finished their attack bring them back into formation and send them out again asap. Keep your eye on the ground for lightening strikes and keep on the move. I found alternating back and forth between worms was a good tactic as it means you are always moving making it harder for the lightening to hit you. As soon as a worm is down and you are able to attack it at the point it joins the main body then do so while moving towards it which will help to get in enough attacks to sever it quickly. Once done move back to the outer edge and move to the next worm where you can get in an attack on its head while waiting for the severed worm to stop flapping about before you are able to devour it.

Keep doing this until you are able to get in the killing blow on the center boss.

Also if at any point your Spearmen drop to below 50 then activate a horn to call in more goblins. When you do this flip the VITA over and use four fingers to rub back and forth along its full length asap to get your full quota of goblins then flip it back to continue.