Rate the trophy difficulty  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.59

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Labartu

Really, it's not too bad, I'm not too far in myself but so far the only real difficult things seem to be the Platinum ratings, the alchemy is pretty simple and their isn't a lot of grinding thus far.

Can't say anything about Hell's Serenader yet. The Compendium isn't very big, maybe 40-50 at most? Like I said, i'm not to far, but the list is pretty easy from what I've experienced.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted 5 because this pretty easy game but grinding items to equipment will take time (only needing alchemy trophies). Getting souls isn't hard at 31-40 stages (8k souls/gold rating and 10k souls/platinum rating). Last waves are easy if you use magis/spearmans and use holy star-sinker on magis and good armors + good spear on spearman. =]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Voted a 6/10

lt may be tough to pass level 38&9 for the first time but l don't think this game requires much skills.

lt just requires good-quality weapons and equipment and those stages can be beaten in no time.

And those weapons require huge costs. Grinding is the way to get them so this game is time-consuming more than skill-oriented.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The game is very easy, I voted a 2 because I think that was the number of times i died in this game. The grind is long and tedious, but that doesn't make it difficult.

There is free add on content that make this game a lot easier for those people having any difficulties.

Edited by Boettius

The game is very easy, I voted a 2 because I think that was the number of times i died in this game. The grind is long and tedious, but that doesn't make it difficult.

There is free add on content that make this game a lot easier for those people having any difficulties.

This game just dropped to $20 and I've been looking at it for a long time but since there's such little info on it, I've held off so far. I'm on the ps store right now looking at the add ons and I see the Hell Frog, Hell Bunny Ears, and Hell Pumpkin Equipment sets and I was wondering which one(s) make the game easier. I'm gonna download em all because they're free but I figured I'd ask if you think one or two of em aren't worth using.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Voting 3. It's fairly easy if you only use mages especially once you get their better weapons you can just steamroll the entire game. The long run is the grind as the loot can be extremely random, but is by no means hard, just long and repetitive. Once you've got the best weapons for Soldiers/Spearmen alchemized you can quite simply do the trophy required levels with them only.

• 1 month later...

Voted 4/10

Just completing the game is pretty easy. Died on a few bosses between 15-25 when I didn't know how they moved.

The grind for alchemizing everthing is tedious and slightly luckbased. I found it harder to get the three star rarity pieces than the four star ones. This due to the fact that you can only get certain ones one or a couple of times per level. And the rarest ones can be gained when getting platinum on certain levels.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

There is no way this game is a 3 or 4. People need to stop voting bullshit numbers. The game is easily a 6. Yah when your weapons are maxed out stages 1-30 are pretty easy, but stages 31-40 are hard. I'm voting it at a solid 6. Unless you're a gaming god this is no easy game.

And a bit of grinding is an under statement. 30+ hours of grinding is a lot.

Just realized less than 100 people in the world have platinumed this game. Don't play this game for the plat for anyone on the fence about going for it!!!!

Edited by Ron-A-Palooza

• 4 weeks later...

Final save file said 90 hrs and 58 mins! That's a lot for a handheld game! I agree with the above poster, this is not an easy game by any stretch of the imagination. The first 32 levels were SO hard, getting the Holy Star Sinker only makes it a little bit easier. If it hadn't been for the Demonic Jet Rod, this would have been a clear 8, but with it, I'm giving it a 7.

• 3 months later...

I rate it a 4.

Had some minor problems with the purgatory-levels, but after i got the demonic jet rod, the game became a piece of cake.

So it's a 3 for the part till you get the djr and i add one point for the fracking farming.

Btw: First platin completly earned at work :D:whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

Well I gave this one a 7 (in fact I felt more like between a 6 and 7, but well here is a 7 in the end). I am not a veteran in these types of games, but I personally did not find this game easy, in fact the hardest thing about this game is to complete it. I have bumped into quite a number of stages where I have to retry for around 30-40 times to get pass it. And once you are done with completing the game, fortunately the grinding was not so hard although it becomes quite long and a little boring.

Anyway, I think the trophy guide here lacks a bit of details, so in case any of you get stucked on the way completing this game, here are a number of details that might potentially help you. The first thing is, when you are grinding items or jewels, if you quite game the game will not save what you have obtained in that game. You will only be able to retain them if you die within the playthrough. The second and important thing I noticed (although i have no way of proving it), is that if you are farming a particular item and it turns out you couldn't farm any during a particular playing through, when you quit and retry, you will farm nothing again. In other words, I think if you keep on quitting games, you are going to farm same set of items over and over again. As for choice of armours, to me it is only the pace that matters. No matter what else there is written on the armour, i still die under thunder and burnt under fire, so don't bother about them.

Final word of advice, if you ever get stucked on a particular stage. Try spearman too if you cant get through on magi. The good thing about spearman is that you can launch everyone out without needing to worry that they will die. But of coz if you launch them towards traps they still will. Anyway, best of luck!

The trophy guide also lacks the description of how to beat the bosses (especially when there are more than one...lol...this game is crazy). But I don't feel like writing now, so if you need anything you can try message me. =]

Voted a 6. I'm left with Sage of Swords but already farmed all the materials and Pinnacle of Gore.

The author of the guide might want to add these points which could save a lot of time:

1. If you decide to farm Holy Flesh and Blood on level 20, DO NOT get a platinum rating. A silver rating will net you an extra. Takes 4 minutes per run for 1+.

2. The guide mentioned that it's quicker to kill an enemy and quit if you don't get the item. Quitting however, will always give you the same items over and over again.

You have to finish or die in the level for the drop rate to reset.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
There is no way this game is a 3 or 4. People need to stop voting bullshit numbers. The game is easily a 6. Yah when your weapons are maxed out stages 1-30 are pretty easy, but stages 31-40 are hard. I'm voting it at a solid 6. Unless you're a gaming god this is no easy game.

And a bit of grinding is an under statement. 30+ hours of grinding is a lot.

Just realized less than 100 people in the world have platinumed this game. Don't play this game for the plat for anyone on the fence about going for it!!!!

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself. This is why I don't trust anything that's said on these difficulty threads because the ratings people give games are such a crock of complete bullshit.

• 3 months later...