Tips for anyone going for platinum

QuantumMercury

I've done both the EU and US versions of this game and here are some tips to reduce the time by A LOT to plat and make things a lot easier on yourself.

1. Try to join a team that has 2 shields (team rating)/high team points so you can automatically get Team Level 10 and 50, Overlord and Ruler trophies all at once. From being on a high ranking team you can also go on territory or conquest missions for those trophies

- Minor point, with the latest patch you can hire CPU mercenaries to help with territory or conquest missions making getting the 4 person co-op trophies easier.

2. I noticed a little exploit/glitch when going for Subquests and S Ranks. If you are playing with another human player on Order/Story missions (team mate or hired human merc) you can still get the "Take less than X Damage" quests even if you take more than the amount required maybe because your partner didn't take enough damage(?) or just because of some glitch allowing you to bypass the requirement and still get the quest because there is 2 people (I noticed this on EU and US versions).

3. When going for S Ranks hiring a human mercenary WILL NOT TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR ENDING CASH as much as hiring a team mate (which splits cash). I was getting S Ranks on my first run through on Story Mode because I hired a mercenary and we did most subquests and I took little damage (he did most of the killing). This is a GREAT help if you can find someone SKILLED to help you (willing to do story mode with you as a merc)

**On the EU server MechaVerse EU is a strong active team, on the US server U.S.S., Raven Republic 2 and Zeon Elite are the best active teams**

-Note that enlistment in these teams IS NOT OPEN, they require passwords so it's up to you to try and earn your stripes with those clan members to let you in.

I was going to write a trophy guide for this game but given how low the interest is on PS3T and how much work it would take to write a comprehensive guide I've decided not to. Hopefully this thread can serve as a mini-guide to help people with the harder trophies.

How did you get those conquest trophies? I dont really understand how the conquest system works. Can you explain a little? Thanks.

Seems like you solved it but for anyone else, conquest mode is when you go to conquest missions on the left menu and spend team points to attempt to capture territories. Hold territories in all areas for Ruler trophy.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tips. That merc info is extremely useful, I'm grateful.

Might as well post this if anyone's having trouble joining an active EU team for the related trophies; my team, Prestige Gamerz, is open and will get you all of the passive team related trophies in one go. Please feel free to join if you need to.

Edited by Musashi1596

• 4 weeks later...

Might as well post this if anyone's having trouble joining an active EU team for the related trophies; my team, Prestige Gamerz, is open and will get you all of the passive team related trophies in one go. Please feel free to join if you need to.

Glad I help and thanks for offering the help to others!

• 4 weeks later...

Is this offer still open?

Picked this up today and gonna dig in and get a feel for it over the weekend, been ages since I played the Armored Core game, or any decent Mech-Warrior for that sake, and been looking forward to trying this game for quite a while

And thanks OP for the info. Shame interest in this is so low here, if I come to think of any more tips to help other latecomers I'll make sure to throw it in.

Do you know of any missable trophies to be aware of or am I set just going through the game

Is this offer still open?

Picked this up today and gonna dig in and get a feel for it over the weekend, been ages since I played the Armored Core game, or any decent Mech-Warrior for that sake, and been looking forward to trying this game for quite a while

And thanks OP for the info. Shame interest in this is so low here, if I come to think of any more tips to help other latecomers I'll make sure to throw it in.

Do you know of any missable trophies to be aware of or am I set just going through the game

The offer will always be open; the team won't be getting disbanded, and we have the required number of territories and team levels to get you all of the passive trophies. That is to say, joining should automatically unlock Rookie (obviously), Team Level 10, Team Level 50, Overlord and Ruler.

The others, like Perfect Mission, require several members. Most of us are no longer active after having platted the game, but we might be able to occasionally drop in and help with missions and boss fights if needed. However, because of the nature of invasions in ACV, it will take some luck. There was some new members that joined shortly before I stopped playing who might still be playing.

If you need anything you can contact me (I'm the team leader) on here or PSN. Or, if you want some more extended discussion on it, try the site in my sig where a few of the other team members hang out too. Can't make any promises but I don't mind trying to help.

Oh, you should be fine for missable trophies too. You're going to be replaying missions a lot for the plat anyway.

Edited by Musashi1596

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...