Tip for Massacre (final mission)

poetic_justice_

Use the Djeepy, with the highest booster available, the Excalibur grill (+10 damage) and the Salamander Body Kit (+7 fire range). You will not need the shocker, because none of the zombies will leap on your car for this mission. The Djeepy is your best combination of body strength, range, and speed; the Classic and Strawberry cars can only take 2-3 hits before exploding. The Megarat bulldozer just does not have the acceleration to escape the Sharks, and the other vehicles have poor range for killing zombies beside you. The body of the SUV is strong enough to take 3-4 hits from the Sharks before dying, the Salamander has the furthest range of any Body Kits (though Classic comes close with +6 blades) and the Djeepy's acceleration with the best Booster will keep you out of most scrapes.

It took me awhile to figure this out, but once you have the forcefield and hit a Shark, it will give you 100% health and 100% blue boost! So don't worry about finding green repair icons - focus on forcefields, then killing a Shark. However, as soon as you get the forcefield, all Sharks will turn tail and run away from you! So you have to gamble; drive close to the forcefield without touching it (you can use :triangle: to look behind you), and when a Shark gets close, touch the forcefield! You are now free to start hunting the hunters.

Focus on stayiing alive! Drive in the large circle tunnels boosting to loose the Sharks. Eventually you will have destroyed enough of the zombies to begin mopping up specific sections; just be aware of where your forcefields are, because when five Sharks attack at once, you will need an out!

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Use the Djeepy, with the highest booster available, the Excalibur grill (+10 damage) and the Salamander Body Kit (+7 fire range). You will not need the shocker, because none of the zombies will leap on your car for this mission. The Djeepy is your best combination of body strength, range, and speed; the Classic and Strawberry cars can only take 2-3 hits before exploding. The Megarat bulldozer just does not have the acceleration to escape the Sharks, and the other vehicles have poor range for killing zombies beside you. The body of the SUV is strong enough to take 3-4 hits from the Sharks before dying, the Salamander has the furthest range of any Body Kits (though Classic comes close with +6 blades) and the Djeepy's acceleration with the best Booster will keep you out of most scrapes.

It took me awhile to figure this out, but once you have the forcefield and hit a Shark, it will give you 100% health and 100% blue boost! So don't worry about finding green repair icons - focus on forcefields, then killing a Shark. However, as soon as you get the forcefield, all Sharks will turn tail and run away from you! So you have to gamble; drive close to the forcefield without touching it (you can use :triangle: to look behind you), and when a Shark gets close, touch the forcefield! You are now free to start hunting the hunters.

Focus on stayiing alive! Drive in the large circle tunnels boosting to loose the Sharks. Eventually you will have destroyed enough of the zombies to begin mopping up specific sections; just be aware of where your forcefields are, because when five Sharks attack at once, you will need an out!

i agree on the car setup, but for me it was easier to take out the two inner circles then focus on the outer ring.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 years later...
Spoiler

What the actual f***! I got tricked into believing I was already safe seeing a Gold Skull Medal on the screen, got more relaxed and complacent with only 6 zombies to go and deliberately hit the shielded marauders just to take the piss - thinking that just like the other missions, seeing a medal already guarantees a place in the podium and will be considered a win. Apparently that is not the case at all.

Unless I am missing something that we have to GOLD all missions?  Definitely not stopping just because of this, getting it is just a matter of time.  But no way am I rating this a 3/10 - it would be misleading for new players who might think 100% completion will not have the slightest of challenges.

I am actually using a fully upgraded DJeepy as recommended in here.  SO so close... and yet so far...

... I got tricked into believing I was already safe seeing a Gold Skull Medal on the screen...

Just realised now how stupid I was.  The Skull Medals were already there from the start - begins with a Gold and goes down to Bronze the longer we take to finish the challenge.  It is just so painful now to realise this when all I needed was just 6 more zombies and they were just right in front of me! Good thing I was having fun otherwise I would have had another tantrum and step away from trophy hunting again.

The way @Nexus Primesays it as a vehicle Pac-Man game really helps. It puts things in a new perspective - like something that is more natural rather than a product of the developers just being mean-smartasses... much easier to swallow this way. Besides, who would not like the idea of a vehicle Pac-Man?

EDIT: 27.04.2023 1933hrs

Spoiler

ladies-and-gentleman-we-got-him.gifrally.gif

... we did a Rallye style tandem this time with my kid taking the wheel and I as the navigator - giving all the information on marauders if they are close by, as well as advance relaying of buff and perk locations.  It helped and it was also really fun having to do this together.  We got it within 10 minutes on our third try and it was indeed so much easier this way than probably doing couch coop to set-off the enemies - two heads as one rather than two heads being better than one... if that even makes any sense to you.

Edited by Naps
... we had just crossed the finish line!