Rate the trophy difficulty  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.77

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I can't quite understand all the 9/10 out of ten votes :|

I voted 2/10. Challenge 31 took a few tries, but that's about it.

The most annoying thing was having to grind out the knife kills. Having finished the adventure on my second go, I had to replay the first batch of levels numerous times over which became rather tedious.

Very enjoyable game though!

Edited by Puzzler

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
3/10, like others said the level 31 in the challenges is where I needed quite a few tries.

I do think I have a new arch enemy ... Random moving bats ! :)

Same (especially the bats!) but I voted 4.

The difficulty on this game depends somewhat on luck I think - in the level 31 videos it seems like the bats would favourably break away (eventually) or would hover near without chasing but I didn't get that until my 20/30th try (I didn't count) at which point I finished the level. So many times the bats would bunch together, or block me up and down, or zing right at me. They seemed random until they were close, not completely random.

• 2 weeks later...

Had one game over during adventure mode, and then I went for the 10 levels without dying, after a couple of attempts, probably due to being sleepy, as I fell asleep while playing the game, I finally got the 10 levels without dying in a row and from there I beat adventure mode. I'd say that's like a 1-2/10, a couple of levels makes me want to say 2/10, especially when it came to the challenge mode, as there you needed to get all the coins and diamonds too. Then there was the last level, the last level pushes this game's difficulty up to around a 3-4/10, but I'm going to go with a 3/10. The randomly moving bats really ticked me off for a little while in the last level of challenge mode. It was more about luck than skills, so yeah not going to affect the difficulty rating that much. I also had to grind out those kills with knives. I guess a lot of people who aren't too good at platforming games might have a difficult time with some of the latter levels, and the fact that you need to beat the game without any continue doesn't make it easier for them. I can see some people vote like a 6-7/10.

The game felt like a mix between the first Super Mario Bros game (many references) and Spelunker. While this game was nice it is nothing compared to the two it probably is inspired by.

• 2 months later...

A real fun game and all of the trophies are pretty easy to get. However, I still haven't passed level 31 of challenge mode :( All of the other levels in challenge mode took me one or two attempts (except The Scary Pit which took like 5 or 6); but Level 31 is really kicking me down. I've tried it maybe 30+ times but I rarely made it up past the second Robot. For this reason alone,

Trophy Difficulty:2/10

:psn: 100% difficulty: 5/10

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Not even close to a 3 I have no idea what these guys are talking about, the average gamer will struggle with this, I consider myself an above average gamer and I would rate this 6-7 at least, cheap deaths everywhere, limited lives no continues, I played a lot of Nintendo platformers back in the day so am better equipped than some and still found it tough, if you literally just played video games all day and had no other life than yes you would probably find this a bit easier, not surprised at all at the amount of 9/10 votes

• 1 year later...

90% of the game is pretty easy (2-3). The 2 most difficult things are doing Adventure mode at once (as there are no saves and you can easily lost your lives in the ending levels) and of course 31 challenge lvl.

Was lucky to clear Adventure mode on my 3rd attempt.

I think i've spent like 3 times as much time trying to get through level 31 than on the rest of the trophies (seriously). The bats/last robot was just pure luck and required a LOT (2-3 hundred i think) of attempts to get through it.

Mostly because of this i rate it 5-6.

Edited by piotrr