Demo Blows..

Medzy

I downloaded the demo as soon as it went online last night, but didn't have a chance to play it until just now. I gotta say that this is one of the worst demos I've ever played. Not because the game's bad, but because it took me 15 minutes to get 6 people in a lobby to play a match. Looks like EA's gonna murder another game...

I downloaded the demo as soon as it went online last night, but didn't have a chance to play it until just now. I gotta say that this is one of the worst demos I've ever played. Not because the game's bad, but because it took me 15 minutes to get 6 people in a lobby to play a match. Looks like EA's gonna murder another game...

15 mins isn't bad at all. last night it took me almost an hour to get into a game. today wasn't too bad though.

The demo is rubbish by itself i think. There are far better FPSs out there where the hit detection is not soooooooo crappy and where the weapons don't sound like toyguns.

Couldn't agree more. I was slightly turned off by this game when I found out about the trophy for playing for 6 months. I was planning on renting this from GameFly, but this would make it a real pain to rent because of that.

Then I played the demo. For a game with so much hype around it, it really unimpressed me. I was expecting either great graphics or gameplay, and it had neither. The graphics were so-so, I don't know if it's because it's a demo or whatnot - but I personally think Killzone's graphics crush it.

Fuck, now I might put my preorder on something else. All the videos on youtube seem to like the demo. I couldn't even get into the damn demo tho. Waited 20 mins then said fuck it. I was really psyched after my buddy downloaded the leaked SP copy for pc and said it was really good. Might have to pass, plus I hate EA so swapping my preorder is looking better and better.

Really guys the game is great so far. Keep in mind this is a demo and will not be what the final game looks like when it comes in on bluray. I think the shooting mechanics are excellent.

Obviously the only real problem is actually getting into a game. I really hope it is a demo-only problem cause if the actual game suffers from this connection issue as well I am definately passing on this game.

Otherwise it is great for me at least.

Downloaded the demo last night video preview at the beginning looked good.

I can't actually comment on the demo because for 20-30 minutes of waiting I kept getting problem with servers please check my network connections?!!

Will try again later but so far I can see me deleting and playing something else.

That's why you play PC games on the PC.

No doubt. I was anticipating this because I love the first game but was always a little skeptical of the console releases which is why if I did play it on the PS3, it'd be through a rental. If I were to buy this it'd definitely be for the PC. Why settle for an inferior port when I can play sometimes 20x's better on the PC?

I enjoyed the Demo.

And like many have said, I for one never buy a Game Full Price. Always trade one Old Game towards a New One, So I'm getting Crysis 2 for $7 thanks to Trading in Dead Space 2.

Anyone in Canada should look into this deal if you are thinking of buying Crysis 2.

Back to the Demo, not sure why people are complaining about Graphic, it's the same as Xbox and it's funny because most people here who say it looks like shit play Call of Duty :think: And that Game looks like Shit.

People these days are stupid if they think any COD games looks good.

The Game is fun sure it has it's connecting issues, but even that doesn't hurt. Longest I've waited was a few seconds or more then I got in and when I do get into a match, I never Lag or never get Kicked. So not sure how people are having issues.

And other then that, I can't complain, wish we got one extra map for the PS3 Demo but none the less, I have full plans to buy this game and If I had to pay full price would I? Answer: Yes

Edited by Valgrum

yea but all of you are forgeting that this game isnt all about the mp... theres the sp too that we havent seen yet (really seen) yet. As for the the trophies, i know this is a site that helps people get plats but whatever happened to playing for fun?

And yes the graphics arent as awesome as a pcs so if your gonna cry about it buy a gaming rig and play it on the pc.

oh and i totally second what Valgrum said ^^

No doubt. I was anticipating this because I love the first game but was always a little skeptical of the console releases which is why if I did play it on the PS3, it'd be through a rental. If I were to buy this it'd definitely be for the PC. Why settle for an inferior port when I can play sometimes 20x's better on the PC?

Or something 100x better and buy Crysis 1. ;)