Rate the trophy difficulty...  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.83

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

I am four trophies away from platinum. Waiting for tomorrow 24 hr away from ending the first season to get the top 100 trophy.

I will likely give this game a 4 once I plat it but it really depends on skills. It could be hard if you are not a tennis sport game player. The offline trophies are easy because you can play on very easy difficulty and everything is just grinding (I played career on hard). 250 matches may take a while but you can use king of the court to boost it. The online trophies are not easy to boost and will require some knowledge of this game.

It is the best tennis game by the way. The online world tour is a blast. It feels almost like watching real grand slam on TV, just instead of watching the TV you are in it! I had huge fun these few days.

Edited by YokA_sun

Im considering getting this game.

I havent had a good tennis game since Commodore 64 or so lol.

I want it mostly to have a fun game, to get some ttrophies, and also for 2 players.

Does it have 2 player on a single screen ?

And what exactly are the online trophies ?

Can you describe them more in detail, is it something retarded like winning a lot of matches in a row, or being among the very best players in the world ?

I am four trophies away from platinum. Waiting for tomorrow 24 hr away from ending the first season to get the top 100 trophy.

I will likely give this game a 4 once I plat it but it really depends on skills. It could be hard if you are not a tennis sport game player. The offline trophies are easy because you can play on very easy difficulty and everything is just grinding (I played career on hard). 250 matches may take a while but you can use king of the court to boost it. The online trophies are not easy to boost and will require some knowledge of this game.

It is the best tennis game by the way. The online world tour is a blast. It feels almost like watching real grand slam on TV, just instead of watching the TV you are in it! I had huge fun these few days.

Tottaly agree about the online part , its awesome :) , i was number 3 on the male wt list yesterday , got the online trophies easily, tho i had some connection problems on tournament matches and especially on direct matches, got eliminated from a tournament without being able to play a match managed to win 4 thankfully :) . The %75 unlock and hidden trophies left for me , i highly recommend this game to any tennis fan , you'll love it :)

Side note: I had doughts that this games online play will be laggy like nba 2k 11 but once i started to play it , aside from minor connection problems , the game runs almost the same as single player on online play which is really great to see , since i dont like playing sports games against ai, its all about online play for me :)

Edited by Enummievol

Tottaly agree about the online part , its awesome :) , i was number 3 on the male wt list yesterday , got the online trophies easily, tho i had some connection problems on tournament matches and especially on direct matches, got eliminated from a tournament without being able to play a match managed to win 4 thankfully :) . The %75 unlock and hidden trophies left for me , i highly recommend this game to any tennis fan , you'll love it :)

Side note: I had doughts that this games online play will be laggy like nba 2k 11 but once i started to play it , aside from minor connection problems , the game runs almost the same as single player on online play which is really great to see , since i dont like playing sports games against ai, its all about online play for me :)

I got into grand slam FINAL today and lost to a guy who had big serves and ferocious counter shots.:(:( I rank top 20 but I find myself not lucky enough to nail the grand slam champion, just one step away from the trophy... will try later...

Would you like to share some tips? How do I do counter shots that good I mean with running and defense still make winners. I see some of the best players do very well with slice squre and top spin circle while in a defensive position.

btw. the server had some connection problem with direct matches. At first I thought it was only me...

Winning a Grand Slam online is Epic I just won my 1st Grand Slam online I was really nervous in the final LOL. Very rewarding winning a slam :) Thanks for the tip about king of the court boosting I hadn't thought of that .

Im considering getting this game.

I havent had a good tennis game since Commodore 64 or so lol.

I want it mostly to have a fun game, to get some ttrophies, and also for 2 players.

Does it have 2 player on a single screen ?

And what exactly are the online trophies ?

Can you describe them more in detail, is it something retarded like winning a lot of matches in a row, or being among the very best players in the world ?

It does have 2 player on a single screen. You can read the achievement list that's posted here on this forum. The descriptions pretty much explain themselves very clearly.

Offline trophies can be done like winning a lot matches in a row (only if you choose to play very easy/easy difficulty). Of course if you think that's bit retarded, you can always choose to use normal /hard or even very hard difficulty.

The online trophies require you to be at least top 100 in the world. From what I see in the first season, you need to grab at least 2500 points from online tournaments, that includes winning quite a couple of QF/SF matches and/or getting a title. The grand slam trophy is definitely the hardest one without boosting (hard to boost anyway). But you might get lucky. And there is this Grade 15 trophy that requires you to win quite a number of direct matches online (about 50-60 of them). The bottom line is that you need to devote some quality time into this game to be at least a decent gamer/player for the (online) trophies.

Edited by YokA_sun

Cool, that must feel good.

I was so close.... ;)

Yeh it was great :D What made it even better was I played against the same player who had beaten me 1-3 4-3 (7-4 ) 10-8 at the Monte Carlo semi's earlier in the day . I won the Roland Garros final 4-3 (7-1) 3-1 I couldn't believe how well I played the tie break I think all the training on very hard mode payed off lol.

Keep trying i'm sure you will get it soon :) Btw what button do you use to return a serve ?

Yeh it was great :D What made it even better was I played against the same player who had beaten me 1-3 4-3 (7-4 ) 10-8 at the Monte Carlo semi's earlier in the day . I won the Roland Garros final 4-3 (7-1) 3-1 I couldn't believe how well I played the tie break I think all the training on very hard mode payed off lol.

Keep trying i'm sure you will get it soon :) Btw what button do you use to return a serve ?

I got it today!! I found that I can reset my player and replay grand slam if I change player in the world tour menu. So I reset my stats and started over got the grand slam champion on my first try. Did not have much trouble in the final. I guess as the player base gets larger it will be easier to get the title because more new players are joining. But man, the first time I play final that day killed me, that player was a giant and played so well..

Anyway, it is great to get the title. I return the serves usually with either circle slice or top spin but the timing is very important I have to make sure it's "perfect" shots otherwise my return will be really sloppy.

I got it today!! I found that I can reset my player and replay grand slam if I change player in the world tour menu. So I reset my stats and started over got the grand slam champion on my first try. Did not have much trouble in the final. I guess as the player base gets larger it will be easier to get the title because more new players are joining. But man, the first time I play final that day killed me, that player was a giant and played so well..

Anyway, it is great to get the title. I return the serves usually with either circle slice or top spin but the timing is very important I have to make sure it's "perfect" shots otherwise my return will be really sloppy.

Well done :) I think the more people play the harder it gets as everyone will get better and better. I'm glad to get it out the way i'm going to try and win another slam this week lol , I think I can enjoy playing the slam more with no pressure lol.

Cool I usually return with x but when I play with my created player I always seem to drop the ball short . When I play with a real play I get great depth and hit ros winners. I find when playing online returning with square and keeping the ball low works very well against big servers seems to mess there tactics up lol

• 4 weeks later...
well it's impossible for me as I've never managed to get into a direct match, thinking of giving up on it and trading it in.

Tell me about it. It took me 3 weeks to plat because of the damn direct matches.

Have you tried recently? There was a server-side update yesterday with some gameplay adjustments that also made things a lot smoother on the matchmaking system (at least for me...).

I was able to play 4 direct matches back to back with no connection losses or infinite loadings etc.

Tell me about it. It took me 3 weeks to plat because of the damn direct matches.

Have you tried recently? There was a server-side update yesterday with some gameplay adjustments that also made things a lot smoother on the matchmaking system (at least for me...).

I was able to play 4 direct matches back to back with no connection losses or infinite loadings etc.

I tried today and actually have managed to get a few matches. I can't see me getting the Grand Slam or Grade 15 trophies though, everyone just seems to max out power and can hit it way harder than me. I think I'm also at a disadvantage using Move but I don't like using the control pad.

I tried today and actually have managed to get a few matches. I can't see me getting the Grand Slam or Grade 15 trophies though, everyone just seems to max out power and can hit it way harder than me. I think I'm also at a disadvantage using Move but I don't like using the control pad.

If you want a character that works wonders against power freaks and big servers try the following:

• 12 off. baseline, 8 def. baseline, +15 on forehand, +5 on backhand
  • Gold Coach: Pei Jing Quah

Great all-rounder with good power and speed that can hit the nastiest angles in the game with his control shots (especially top spin).

I topped the womens ranking last week with this build up, my record is 62-8.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got platinum yesterday...

Well, online trophies are hard if you suck at tennis...and, exploiters make those trophies even harder...98-100 at servis / power sucks, that is for exploiters who knows only to smash and smash and sm...:)

Boosters can maybe boost trophy for Grand Slam, but im glad that they cannot boost trophy for Grade 15...and that trophy is not easy, there is a bunch of great players who now plays those Direct matches...

Anyway, that game deserves 6-7 / 10

Edited by Tuheljski-gamer

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's between an 8 or 9 for me, tho I voted 9. Somedays the online opponents are just too good. Seems to be a little easier toward the end of the week or at odd hours. Of course perhaps the biggest obstacle to the platinum is the 2K servers. I had plenty of times that i could only get 2 direct matches in an hour...and god help you if you lose one after that long of a wait. Very happy with being finished! But the game is awesome minus the online problems.

Edited by gibbga

Gave the game a 7 as was quite difficult but could of been done without boosting... Boosted te grand slam final after failing 3 times... Got to grade 15 quite easily and even after plat was still enjoying the game.. Shame about the shitty online for so long Time to buy virtua tennis :)

Just got plat , I give it a 5 . Grade 15 is the only frustrating part , I had about 30 disconnects because of the servers but tried again this last week and finally got Grade 15 .

Some of the players are ridiculous online 100 power , 100 serve etc but they can't play from the baseline :D Some also use very cheap tactics like Topspin invasion it can get very frustrating.

I destroyed a grade 17 and 19 back to back to get my grade 15 so that made it more awesome . I can't believe how some people are like grade 20 and can only serve and are useless at the baseline and net :confused:

Some of the players are ridiculous online 100 power , 100 serve

That is the reason why i will soon quit with playin that game...there is just no point to play versus those assholes (i dont have one nice word for them).

I have cca 600 matches online, im in Top 15, i beat some players from Top 10 (even first 2), but i lost all my nerves when i play versus those exploiters and when they beat me only because they are overpowered.

Once again, great game is ruined bi players who play her.

That is the reason why i will soon quit with playin that game...there is just no point to play versus those assholes (i dont have one nice word for them).

I have cca 600 matches online, im in Top 15, i beat some players from Top 10 (even first 2), but i lost all my nerves when i play versus those exploiters and when they beat me only because they are overpowered.

Once again, great game is ruined bi players who play her.

They just piss me off lol . I don't understand how they actually find this kinda gameplay fun :confused:

Cool that's a lot , awesome results . I have only played about 100 hundred online matches , I prefer to play 2k open because no stupid exploit players .

Do you play in itst ? I'm thinking of joining.