Rate the trophy difficulty...  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.38

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

I'm doing my first playthrough on hard, it's not that difficult although Hero battles can be very unforgiving. Strategy and patients, not just button mashing. It looks like expert mode unlocks once you beat hard mode. Expert mode could make the game fairly difficult to platinum.

So far, the other trophies look fairly easy, like I can get most of them on a first playthrough. The challenges are fairly hard to begin with, although I haven't unlock many items yet, so the Epic Challenge mode could be the toughest.

• 2 months later...

I really don't understand why this game have a 5.5 difficulty .... For me it's at least 7 or 8. Doing the game in Expert is incredibly difficult. Beating some boss is nearly impossible. I'm always stuck on monsters like Appollo or the Cyclop ... Especially the 2nd fight against him ... Warriors are coming and spawning again, I can't hurt the Cyclop or I'm killed by the warriors.

For me, it's one of the most challenging platinum I have to face. Just a little bit less than Vanquish for me. I don't think I will try a lot more, I'm gonna sell this game and give up. Too hard, and much much much much too long for a platinum ....

• 3 months later...

One of the harder games for me to rate. At first, I thought expert mode was really tough. But it's more like Mega Man. Find the right item (which always seems to be just available), and it makes it easy.

Having trouble with the bosses on expert? Get the item that makes you invulnerable when rolling. Having trouble beating Paris in 90 seconds? Get the items that make your focus attack go through the roof. Heck, when you get the Horn of Madness, you are mostly unstoppable.

So, in the end, I rated it a 6. Frustration is there for a bit, but in the end, it's really easy.

• 5 months later...

Voting a 5. Most of the difficulty is self induced in terms of when you tackle certain challenges. There were a few bumps in the expert playthrough, but that's because I insisted on continuing at that point instead of playing other levels for better items. It's also heavily based on your patience. Enemies like Elite Slashers or the Apollo statue/Cyclops require a very slow approach on expert, so if you expect to be able to burn through them even with super items, you're in for worlds of hurt.

(to above comment, I never even used the Horn of madness. By the time I finally got it, I was mostly done with the expert run and had switched to the item to get 2x money when Fury was full, so I pretty much stopped using Fury)

Edited by Akari

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...