"Hidden" things in the gameplay trailer

Like most fans of TES, I already watched the trailer a lot of times and began notice some little things if you watch with attention :

1:12 : Dwemer ruins are back people! :-)

1:15 : A giant rock head leaning in the grass. Something from a ruin maybe

1:20 : A horse. Hope we can mount some

1:21 and 1:31 : eagles flying. Wonder if they will be "fightable" creatures or just here to enhance the beauty of the sky

1:31 : is it just me that think this grey creature looks a lot "werewolfish"? :-)

1:32 : the sitting guy watching you doing is a stab is definitly a Dunmer. It looks like they changed Oblivion's model which is cool cause Oblivion's Dunmer definitly s***ed...

1:37 : Skyrim's zombies I think. Look way more creepy than Oblivion's. Can use some weapons. Fire still look useful against them

1:33 and 1:43 : Maybe Draugr (type of undead you fight in Morrowind's expansion's Bloodmoon). But Draugr had red eyes and those ones have blue eyes so maybe a new type of undead

1:44 : Definitly a Nirnroot

1:46 : looks exactly like the first DB armor from Oblivion (Shrouded Armor). And it must be the inside of the Dwemer ruin we see at 1:12

Here's all i noticed but there may be other things. No need to add that I already excpect Skyrim's to be GOTY. This trailer just conforted my hopes

So I see there's a lot of familiar things in this trailer for people who've played the past installments. I really hope I, as a total Elder Scrolls newbie (never played any of the previous games), will be able to jump right in without feeling totally lost on the what, who, where and how.

Don't worry. It's the magic of Tamriel. Its long time lovers are happy to get back to this magic place but the lore is so huge that even us always have something new to discover. As for newbies, of course, at the beginning, there will be some blink to the past titles you will miss but it won't prevent you to enjoy the game. And if you really like it, you'll want to discover as much as possible about the lore (maybe by playing the old games, which you should ;) )

1:12

- No that's just some buildings which look nothing like any Dwemer buildings I've seen. The guys at ign said it was one of Skyrim's major towns.

1:31

- Definitely some sort of new troll variant. Ice troll perhaps?

1:31

- You mean Altmer? I don't see any blue guys in that shot.

1:12 : It doesn't look at all like a city. And it totally reminds me some of the Dwemer ruins from Morrowind like Arkngthunch or Bthuand : great towers with round top, large bridges, and buildings carved inside the side of a cliff

Morrowind:Arkngthunch-Sturdumz - UESPWiki

Morrowind:Bthuand - UESPWiki

1:32 : No, I really think Dunmer. Dunmer were blue in Oblivion (which s***ed) but way darker in Morrowind, more black with small shades of blue. For exemple :

File:MW-npc-Hetman Abelmawia.jpg - UESPWiki

The sitting elf is fully lit by the fire so if he had a pale face like Altmer or Bosmer, it would look totally white. So I really think it's a Dunmer

1:31 : For this one I agree. This could be a troll

Don't worry. It's the magic of Tamriel. Its long time lovers are happy to get back to this magic place but the lore is so huge that even us always have something new to discover. As for newbies, of course, at the beginning, there will be some blink to the past titles you will miss but it won't prevent you to enjoy the game.

Cool, good to know. I mean, most games in on-going series of games really are accessible, but this series does seem heavily rooted in continuity and lore. I probably will read up on it in the months leading up to this game's release.

Cool, good to know. I mean, most games in on-going series of games really are accessible, but this series does seem heavily rooted in continuity and lore. I probably will read up on it in the months leading up to this game's release.

I remember I was an Elder Scolls newbie before I played Oblivion. Trust me, if you like open-world games, you'll be immersed in this one like no other.

Also, that's a pretty good idea to read up on the backstory. I remember in Oblivion they did make some references to the past games that I didn't know about.

Yeah, I saw it after I did my post. Some things i hadn't seen. Something I don't agree with (definitly not a city for me). But some of the things I've said they missed

Trust me, they are right. It is Markarth.

It's also really amusing seeing what people/IGN think are in the game and such. :)

Edited by jamby

The gameplay they showed and everything went so fast, had to pause on every frame to look about them . I like the new engine their using , kinda don't want to face those dragons but considering the game will be a masterpiece im sure i wont mind :p

After researching abit it's seems you where somewhat right Marco, Markarth was in fact originally buildt by Dwemers.

Ah! I don't have the pretention to know everything about Tamriel's lore but I was pretty sure it looked Dwemer. So a settlement on an ancien Dwemer city? That's interresting. It will definitly change from the too classic-medieval cities of Oblivion :)