Final Boss Insanity

edilions

I dunno what your class is or your squad makeup, but for the last boss I used Grunt and Mordin. I had Grunt tank the Harbinger; use manual commands to get him in the right position if you need to. Meanwhile Mordin and I picked off the rest (that way you only have to fight 1 Harbinger per group). I had warp as a sentinel to get through the biotic barriers, but if you're a different class warp ammo does the trick too. Once the adds are gone, finish off the barrier on harbinger and blast through his armor with Mordin's incinerate ... easy peasy. You can easily replace Mordin with whatever other squadmate best fits your class/playstyle, but I would highly recommend having Grunt. And be sure he has his incinerate ammo turned on ... I forgot that alot.

Also remember that the reaper itself tends to kill the harbinger and its minions alot of times with friendly fire, so simply finding good cover and hunkering down will alot of times do the trick. Usually you can just use the cover in the middle and just play ring-around-the-rosies to keep the wall between you and the bad guys.

And save the Cain for when you get a good shot at the reaper ... it takes a good chunk of its health off.

Edited by MutantSquirrel

Since I have auto-save on and only 1 save

I m stuck with Grunt & Kasumi

I have all upgrades for all characters

I m level 29 with the Soldier class

If my memory is correct...Cain beam only works once right ?

Edited by edilions

Since I have auto-save on and only 1 save

I m stuck with Grunt & Kasumi

I have all upgrades for all characters

I m level 29 with the Soldier class

Then I would have Kasumi flashbang the hell outta the drones and you can finish them off while they're stunned. Just don't attack the harbinger until you're ready to take him down so that he keeps his focus on Grunt. Do you have warp ammo? If not it may be more worth your while to focus on the reaper and just let him friendly fire the adds down. Just put some good distance (and cover) between you and the adds. I ended up having to do this for the last 10% as the adds just kept spawning as fast as I could kill them ... so maybe I shoulda used the Cain for the last bit instead of the first.

Edited by MutantSquirrel

Any videos of the Cain beam ?

Doesn t seem that impressive

I'll try it when he s near death....

update just saw the video

wow that powerful....I don t have much ammo for it...so that technique is out ....=(

How much do I need to use this bad boy ?

I know when you kill some of those possessive ass they sometimes drop heavy ammo...

Edited by edilions

something else you may want to think about - if you take stasis as your power (assuming you completed shadow broker) you can just stasis the harbinger, kill the adds and then focus your attacks on the boss.

But I played as sentinel and just hit it with heavy warp while grunt and morinth did their thing on everyone else. Cain + Warp Ammo + Heavy warp and I had him taken out within 10 minutes. Also, when you start go to the top right platform and stay there until the boss destroys it (sometimes gives you +20 heavy ammo, and depending on your armor set up, this can give you another shot with the Cain). Once this happens, there really is no good cover anymore, so just move to the opposite side of the platforms that the boss appears on to shoot/warp him.

That one auto-save thing is pretty rough though.

What's with this Harbinger trouble at the last boss? :think: You're the 3rd person I've seen having this problem. I took Kasumi and Tali with me to the last boss. Kasumi died right at the beginning of the fight. I only had Tali left. Completely and utterly ignored the Collectors and concentrated on the boss only and ZERO Harbingers spawned. :confused:

Just focus on killing the Reaper and forget about the Collectors. When the Reaper goes off screen hit whatever Collector is closest to you and then go back to the Reaper when it pops back up. The Reaper will kill most of the Collectors for you and you never have to leave the center platform and you should be fine. Harbinger drops heavy weapon ammo when you kill him if you are having a ton of trouble. If you haven't taken out the injection tubes yet then move to the back right/left platforms to take out the Collectors so you have elevation advantage.

Lol i done this level in no time on second try, all you have to do is the 'cheat the corner'* method on the one big wall in the center (deal with the collectors before the boss himself remember) use any powers against the collectors (i used mordin and samara for heavy throw to take them of the ledge easy and heavy incinerate for harbringer)

* cheat the corner is when you have a piece of cover as tall as your self and you are behind it but can still shoot on people outside due to the mechanics of 3rd person shooting

I played as a soldier class, i used geth pulse rifle, widow make rifle - both with heavy incendiary ammo (cannot be used using cheat the corner - just for emergencies) and collector beam try to pick up as much ammo as possible you'll need it

Edited by lordppwnage

I played as an infiltrator with Widow sniper. I found the last boss to be the easiet. Just stay on the plat form you are on, for me anyways the Harbinger never came towards. Snipe or incinerate other collectors, cos if you kill off Harbinger and there are other collectors around her will just assume control of them. Once other collectors are dead concentrate on him.

Thanks guys

Got my Platinum

Reaper was always killing the Hellbingers whatever they're called for me making things easier :D Didn t have to use any heavy weapons

Hide & snipe :D

Hell Bingers. I like that. "Sometimes when I start to eat, I see a plate of Hell and I just can't stop!"

As for "Cheating the Corner", there's a video in the guide that illustrates what lordppwnage is talking about.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGlbFpNuI40]YouTube - Mass Effect 2: Cheating the Corner[/ame]

Edited by Lord Maim