Demo now released for PS+ members

Yoda91192

The most this supports is 720p.

Darn, that means i'll have to play the game in 480p, because my tv only supports 480p and 1080i (I know, it sucks). Have you tried force upping it to 1080i/p?

If you don't know how, just deselect all the display resolutions in "display settings" in the XMB, and only select 1080i/p, then the game would be "forced" to play in 1080i/p. I'm pretty sure Killzone 2 let you do this.

Can you please try? :)

The most this supports is 720p.

I am so tempted to get a 3 month sub to PSplus just for this demo.:confused:

Must.....be ......patient:p.

Can anyone elaborate on the demo some more? Where does it take place? Whats the objective? etc..

I don't want to say to much in terms of the story, so I'll try to be vague.

[spoiler=kz3]The setting is an Halghan outpost in an icy location. So yes, lots of snow and ice basically. It starts off as a kinda rail shooter. You then take the fight to the ground where the real action begins. Your objectives don't sound exciting without being put into the context of the story, if that makes sense, but like I said I don't want to ruin anything. You basically just have to blow shit up and compromise the enemy. Nice twist at the end to definitely make you want to keep on playing.

Okay. Thoughts.

The look and sound are both great. I love the powerful sounds of the guns. I was picking up every gun I could just to try them out. Haha. The action was fluid and smooth. Nice effects and great attention to detail.

I enjoyed the cutscenes actually. After hearing that they were a weak point, I was expecting them to be naff, but there weren't many and the ones there were, tied the action together nicely. However, the game does give you the option to skip them, so if you aren't impressed or bothered about the story, you aren't forced to watch them.

The Helghan AI possesses the "I", your teammates however, do not. If I wasn't covering someone properly, then I could understand that maybe I was partly to blame but running out in front of a gun? D'oh. I had to put my medic skills to use a few times.

You have to beat the game to unlock Elite.

I'll probably edit this and add more later. :whistle:

Darn, that means i'll have to play the game in 480p, because my tv only supports 480p and 1080i (I know, it sucks). Have you tried force upping it to 1080i/p?

If you don't know how, just deselect all the display resolutions in "display settings" in the XMB, and only select 1080i/p, then the game would be "forced" to play in 1080i/p. I'm pretty sure Killzone 2 let you do this.

Lol. I thought it'd be obvious by his post that he doesn't have the demo. :p

I don't want to say to much in terms of the story, so I'll try to be vague.

[spoiler=kz3]The setting is an Halghan outpost in an icy location. So yes, lots of snow and ice basically. It starts off as a kinda rail shooter. You then take the fight to the ground where the real action begins. Your objectives don't sound exciting without being put into the context of the story, if that makes sense, but like I said I don't want to ruin anything. You basically just have to blow shit up and compromise the enemy. Nice twist at the end to definitely make you want to keep on playing.

Okay. Thoughts.

The look and sound are both great. I love the powerful sounds of the guns. I was picking up every gun I could just to try them out. Haha. The action was fluid and smooth. Nice effects and great attention to detail.

I enjoyed the cutscenes actually. After hearing that they were a weak point, I was expecting them to be naff, but there weren't many and the ones there were, tied the action together nicely. However, the game does give you the option to skip them, so if you aren't impressed or bothered about the story, you aren't forced to watch them.

The Helghan AI possesses the "I", your teammates however, do not. If I wasn't covering someone properly, then I could understand that maybe I was partly to blame but running out in front of a gun? D'oh. I had to put my medic skills to use a few times.

You have to beat the game to unlock Elite.

I'll probably edit this and add more later. :whistle:

Thanks for that Dense, I'm DL'ing this now so :dance: (yes I am actually doing the happy dance)

I am just going by what the box says, but the demo is out on the HK store now so you can try it out yourself, good luck.

@Z.T: No, doesn't look like it's an option. There's a thread on GameSpot asking the same question and apparently it's 720P. Or, in your case, 480P.

Darn...well i'm used to it, most of my games I play in 480p, its just that after hearing how good the graphics are supposed to be, i wanna see them in HD, oh well :(.

I downloaded demo from my friends ps+ account. I have only just finished the campaign on Killzone 2 and this demo beats it hands down. There is no juddering or freezing during loading points which was so annoying in Kz2, the weapons are awesome. Aim assist is a new feature that they've added which helps out some what. Also u can carry 3 weapons at once instead of 2 which pissed me off in Kz2 so much. I can confirm that the max it runs at is 720.

Cannot wait now til the 25th Feb, this demo was awesome.