Killzone 3 Campaign 4.5 Hours Long - Proof

GODCHILD1020

Campaign completion screens prove game duration

Killzone 3's review embargo lifted yesterday - NowGamer's verdict was an extremely respectable score of 8.7/10, but our colleagues over on games™ magazine were less taken with it, awarding 7/10 and citing the shooter's brief campaign as "just four-and-a-half hours of game time." The reviewer's campaign completion screens (below) show that the time is accurate, with a first run-through completed on the normal difficulty setting - as displayed on the screens. “Killzone 3's campaign can be completed in 4.5 hours...”

The reviewer completed each chapter in the following times:

• A New Beginning - 6:44
    Evacuation Orders - 21:23
    Pyrrhus Evac - 33:18
    Six Months On - 36:39
    Icy Incursion - 50:59
    Stahl Arms Infiltration - 29:03
    Scrapyard Shortcut - 34:43
    The Reckoning - 33:17
    Interception - 27:18

That makes a grand total of four hours, 33 minutes and 40 seconds of campaign gameplay. As noted by the BBFC, Killzone 3 also includes 70 minutes of cut scenes, which would bring the full campaign experience up to five hours and 40 minutes.

Failing that, if you're no good at shooters or you play on the top difficulty setting it could last a deal longer. Check out the proof below.

Killzone 3 Campaign 4.5 Hours Long - Proof

Its a shooter, so I understand the length. Pictures at link above^^^

I don't understand why you're promoting this dumb hit whoring site? Not a single one of the other 20+ reviews complained about the game length. Its obvious this moron ran through the game as fast as possible. This is the problem with the gaming "media" don't fall for this crap :mad:

Edited by M-Easy

I don't understand why you're promoting this dumb hit whoring site? Not a single one of the other 20+ reviews complained about the game length. Its obvious this moron ran through the game as fast as possible. This is the problem with the gaming "media" don't fall for this crap :mad:

I always add 5 or so hours to whatever a reviewer says how long a game is :), so killzone 3 to me would be at least 10 hours (or probably even more :p)...im not at all a bad gamer, its just i don't try to speed run through the game, I like to play at a reasonable pace and enjoy the game.

I always add 5 or so hours to whatever a reviewer says how long a game is :), so killzone 3 to me would be at least 10 hours (or probably even more :p)...im not at all a bad gamer, its just i don't try to speed run through the game, I like to play at a reasonable pace and enjoy the game.

same i like to play the game slowly and enjoy it throughouly

I don't understand why you're promoting this dumb hit whoring site?
I don't know if you're taking to me or in general, but I'm not promoting this site, I'm just posting what I read. If any other site had an article like this I would post it if I found it; More or less the reviewer rushed through it on easy and made it seem that way. I didn't see the photos yet.

Edit: after seeing the images, I can see he played on normal.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

I don't know if you're taking to me or in general, but I'm not promoting this site, I'm just posting what I read. If any other site had an article like this I would post it if I found it; More or less the reviewer rushed through it on easy and made it seem that way. I didn't see the photos yet.

Edit: after seeing the images, I can see he played on normal.

I was talking to you but attacking you. I just don't see the benefit of spreading this crap around. Anyway Kizzy is a 4 difficulty game (easy, normal, hard, very hard) so it stands to reason that normal isn't very difficult at all. I remember reading COD & Halo reviews and the reviewer usually brags about starting the the hard difficulty. Anyone who knows how to play a FPS, the normal difficulty is always too easy.

Edit: GG response: Killzone 3 Campaign is 8-11 hours | N4G

Edited by M-Easy

I was talking to you but attacking you.

Edit: GG response: Killzone 3 Campaign is 8-11 hours | N4G

I assume you mean not attacking me; anyway the whole point is that not every reviewer plays the game for what it is, as k1ll1ng5pr33 and the link you provided shows that the game is longer.

My point of the thread is not to discourage anyone from buying, but to let anyone that wants to know ho long the game is, if they know how to play or skipping cut scenes. Anyway no beef. I rather have this thread closed than have beef between a member for something silly (not saying what you posted is).