Castlevania LOS has a mind of its own?

I was playing castlevania and the game quit out of itself and returned me to the xmb screen? My save data was fine (Backed it up just in case afterwards) but was wondering if this is a common glitch and if it has happened to anyone else? This was not the unhandled error the game just went black and back to the xmb screen as if i hit quit game which i did not cause i was in the middle of killing something when it happened. Thanks for the responses in advance.

Ok thanks tomorrow i will back up everything i need just in case how long after did your system yellow light on you? My system didn't actually restart just took me back to the xmb screen the system stayed on the whole time don't know if that was what happened to you or not.

About 2-4 days. It is basically the same thing my screen went black then my PS3 button flashed red then green again.

oh mine never did that the screen went black and went back to xmb screen. The green and blue lights never changed and the system did not restart on itself so i am praying and hoping it is still ok. The only thing i cant back up that i want to is my dragon age files because it is copy protected and i dont have another PS3 to send it to.

oh mine never did that the screen went black and went back to xmb screen. The green and blue lights never changed and the system did not restart on itself so i am praying and hoping it is still ok. The only thing i cant back up that i want to is my dragon age files because it is copy protected and i dont have another PS3 to send it to.

You can back it up using a HDD it should work and save you from the frustration of doing it again.

I was playing castlevania and the game quit out of itself and returned me to the xmb screen? My save data was fine (Backed it up just in case afterwards) but was wondering if this is a common glitch and if it has happened to anyone else? This was not the unhandled error the game just went black and back to the xmb screen as if i hit quit game which i did not cause i was in the middle of killing something when it happened. Thanks for the responses in advance.

happened to me. the game just crashed. bad programming.

• 1 month later...
This has happened to me in JC2. I don't want to worry you but you should back-up EVERYTHING. My screen was getting black then PS3 just restarted like nothing happened. It's not the game it's your PS3. In my occassion I got YLOD:(

I've a question about this actually-how do you back saves up? Also can you keep all your trophies if you get YLOD?