I *heart* Liberty City

skatinghamstar

Okay, so I bought this game when it came out in 2008, I didn't even have a ps3 at the time. I eventually started playing it and somewhere along the way i sold it without finishing the single player missions. Long story short, I picked up another copy of the game since its dirt cheap, took me 27 hours to beat the campaign and I can safely say that this is one of my favorite games of all time. Rockstar did a tremendous job building Liberty City:applause: and putting so many minor details into the game like the architecture in the buildings and voice overs for all the diff. pedestrians you encounter. What I want this thread to be is a place where we can discuss all the different aspects of the game that we enjoyed, as well as a place for screen shots of little Easter eggs (aka hidden details) we came across while playing. So, what was your favorite part of this game? What types of things did you discover in Liberty City that made you smile or laugh? :think:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what was your favorite part of this game? What types of things did you discover in Liberty City that made you smile or laugh?

Fav part of the game? I love the beginning cuz niko is new in LC and still has that strong serbian accent. But tbh the whole game is my Favoriet part;p

I've discovered A LOT in LC and im sure im not finished yet. i loved the Love Fist easter egg. there's so muych in LC i cant even remember whats my favoriet;p

wheres the love fist egg? Here are a couple screenshots I have from playing the other day...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/skatinghamstar/0102011834.jpg

Tai Chi on the beach?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/skatinghamstar/0102011812.jpg

unfortunately the phone number doesnt work, imagine joining the ranks of the LCPD w. Niko Bellic.

wheres the love fist egg? Here are a couple screenshots I have from playing the other day...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/skatinghamstar/0102011834.jpg

Tai Chi on the beach?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/skatinghamstar/0102011812.jpg

unfortunately the phone number doesnt work, imagine joining the ranks of the LCPD w. Niko Bellic.

star junction. near the clucking bell(to the north)

I have to be honest, I don't know that Love Fist EE either. Though Love Fist was so great in VC!

Anyway, my favorite part of the game is the driving mechanics. I love to just drive around in Manhattan and scratch some cars with a two star wanted level.

Well, I don't know if you can really call it an EE, but the funniest part of the game was definitely the radio commercials and talkshows, as I did in every GTA. VC was so damn funny and SA was even better with commercials.

I have to be honest, I don't know that Love Fist EE either. Though Love Fist was so great in VC!

Anyway, my favorite part of the game is the driving mechanics. I love to just drive around in Manhattan and scratch some cars with a two star wanted level.

Well, I don't know if you can really call it an EE, but the funniest part of the game was definitely the radio commercials and talkshows, as I did in every GTA. VC was so damn funny and SA was even better with commercials.

Call John Hunter! Tell him he's a fat prick and then hang up the phone! :D

Call John Hunter! Tell him he's a fat prick and then hang up the phone! :D

That's what I mean! "John Hunter wants to install a camera in your bathroom so you have to pay 5 dollars every time you jerk off. Vote John Hunter today!"

So damn funny. All of them are funny. You know the talkshow 'Just or Unjust'? It's the court talkshow with the anti-feminist. OMG I have to laugh if I even think about it xD

Lazlo is hilarious b/c we really do have talk show hosts like him in America.

i love him in VCS. cousin ed screams at him all the time lol.

LAZLOW! GET OVER HERE AND PUT YOUR BALLS TO THE WALL!!

YEAH!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVnpCLHydWg]YouTube - Sinner - Balls To The Wall (Accept Cover)[/ame]

Lazlo is hilarious b/c we really do have talk show hosts like him in America.

He's not that guys who "wants to say hi to my friend paulito, and everybody else" right?

Too bad that you can't remember the map off by heart, like GTAIII and San Andreas, but the beauty of the city makes up for this.

I never had problems with that. Not in III, not in VC, not in SA and not in IV.

Glad that you love this game. If you want to continue loving it - don't go for plat :D Seriously, I loved the game but online because trophies I can't stand even looking at the disk itself.

As for topic - I loved the paroded CSI Miami show commercial on radio. There were also bulletin boards and TV commercials :rofl: I think the show was called The Science of Crime.

Glad that you love this game. If you want to continue loving it - don't go for plat :D Seriously, I loved the game but online because trophies I can't stand even looking at the disk itself.

I know. Online is only fun when you play with your friends with headsets. Random lobbies, they totally sucks. When you play online without your friends in lobbies, the game becomes to serious because all of them want to win.

you guys should add me so that we can make a lobby and play together

psn: skatinghamstar.

I'll post more screenshots of things that I find in the future. I encourage you all to do the same.

So far I have 47% of the trophies for this game, but the DLC does not count towards platinum so that percentage should be a bit higher. The cubed arcade game trophy is giving me trouble.

Edited by skatinghamstar

I know. Online is only fun when you play with your friends with headsets. Random lobbies, they totally sucks. When you play online without your friends in lobbies, the game becomes to serious because all of them want to win.

Its fun to be a Gtamen and pwn n00bs lol(no i dont think im the best in the world. i am LOL)

• 1 month later...

This is hard for me to answer...you want this thread to be a kiss ass fest towards the game...and it just has too many hair brained decisions to do that.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this game, I play it on a daily basis...but every single day that I play this game I come across something that makes me just want to beat the shit out of every Rockstar employee, until they tell me why they made that decision.

The biggest problem with this game is the absolutely HORRIBLE driving mechanic. GTA is not, I repeat, IS NOT the type of game that needs to be looking in the direction of becoming more realistic, because the more realistic features they add the less fun it is. And in this case having a more sim based driving mechanic just doesn't work in a game like this. Theres no reason what so ever that I should have to slow down a little coming into a turn when I'm trying to focus on getting away from cops to complete a mission.

Or the fact that sometimes you have to STOP behind cars, because the streets are too damn congested in this game to even push your way through, or the fact that it just seems like theres always something in your way while driving or the games A.I. will blatantly push a car out in front of you for no reason. The cell phone, while modern, is utterly inconvenient. The fact that the tiniest thing you do in this game gets the cops involved...what ever happened to being able to blow up like 20 cars and shoot down tons of people before a cop got involved? Thats what made GTA fun...now they're just getting rid of all that.

The thing that makes this game enjoyable is the great story, I really enjoy the story and I like Niko as a character. But the realism needs to go.

On a positive note, I agree, the over all look of Liberty City was beautifully made and I give Rockstar props for that.

Edited by TheViper4Life

• 2 weeks later...
i loved the whole game but the most fun part was the mission were u have to rob a bank with packie that mission waas awesome

touché, that mission was bad ass! come out the bank and down the subway and out through the streets; banging mission!

Some of you mentioned memorizing the map of the older games, that is so true; GTA 3 and Vice City was the easiest to memorize. After SA the world map just got bigger, but in GTA 4 its just the city.

GTA SA had like the desert, Hollywood, San Francisco and Las Vegas... bit too much I thought.

GTA 4 sticks to the one city and details it brilliantly, although some of the night lighting really made it difficult to navigate. Some areas were just too dark and if you've smashed your front lights it doesn't help either :whistle:

But like the little things you can do like bowling, darts, pool etc, or even buying a hot dog from a vendor in the downtown areas.

This is hard for me to answer...you want this thread to be a kiss ass fest towards the game...and it just has too many hair brained decisions to do that.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this game, I play it on a daily basis...but every single day that I play this game I come across something that makes me just want to beat the shit out of every Rockstar employee, until they tell me why they made that decision.

The biggest problem with this game is the absolutely HORRIBLE driving mechanic. GTA is not, I repeat, IS NOT the type of game that needs to be looking in the direction of becoming more realistic, because the more realistic features they add the less fun it is. And in this case having a more sim based driving mechanic just doesn't work in a game like this. Theres no reason what so ever that I should have to slow down a little coming into a turn when I'm trying to focus on getting away from cops to complete a mission.

Or the fact that sometimes you have to STOP behind cars, because the streets are too damn congested in this game to even push your way through, or the fact that it just seems like theres always something in your way while driving or the games A.I. will blatantly push a car out in front of you for no reason. The cell phone, while modern, is utterly inconvenient. The fact that the tiniest thing you do in this game gets the cops involved...what ever happened to being able to blow up like 20 cars and shoot down tons of people before a cop got involved? Thats what made GTA fun...now they're just getting rid of all that.

The thing that makes this game enjoyable is the great story, I really enjoy the story and I like Niko as a character. But the realism needs to go.

On a positive note, I agree, the over all look of Liberty City was beautifully made and I give Rockstar props for that.

The cops part i agree they come on you for almost no reason at all,

but the driving stuff i thought that was amazing i hope they keep it because it makes drving around alot less boring, you actually have to try not just hold the x button and slam on r1 in corners. and after a bit of practice you can squeeze between traffic jams no prob, maybe a scratch but nuthing more than that.

Although those retarted drivers that pull out in front of u when flying down the highways do make me want to stop and blow their brains out, haha maybe their trying to simulate real life bad drivers haha

You should play Saints Row 2 if you haven't already. THAT is the type of driving mechanic games like this need. Speed and constant control.

i have to disagree with you there ^^ i can only play saints row 2 for a short time before it drives me crazy lol but i like the way it renembers your short cuts :) i feel that gta iv is the best so far of the gtas but thats because i loved the driver series, which feels similar to gta iv to me, and i loved the driver series as much as gta iv:) but everyone has their own opinion

Edited by somebird