A few questions for fans.

Vikaris

Hey, i just had a few questions about the game before i just ran out and paid full price for it.

im looking for something to hold me over until dead space2 and mvc3 come out soon to play with my girlfriend and whatever. we both thought the first one looked cool, but i never got around to playing more than the demo. i unfortunately got my ass kicked by the cpu, but then again, i had no idea what i was doing.

all i know is that this one is supposed to have more characters.

i want something that will be fun and i guess the good kind of time-consuming. something i can sit down with and say "sweet, i unlocked some awesome shit today." no too online oriented. not too worried about story [i know dragonball/z in and out.] as long as the gameplay is good [preferably great.]

a moderately difficult platinum would be good. not too easy.

is it easy to learn? how easy?

do you actually have fun working your way up to platinum?

is it worth 60$?

as far as base characters go [that is to say, w/out upgrades or whatever], are their tier levels? where is vegeta? [lol, fav. char...]

does it get old fast?

yeah, i really just want to know if this is a fun, and not too taxing platinum. i dont mind doing several battles with characters i normally wouldnt be interested in.

thanks!

i never played the first one eather mainly cuase i could never find a copy when i had money, but this game is very time consuming, fun, both difficult and easy at times but never to difficult, the trophies are mostly easy to get, i think its worth the 60 bucks but you might not, so i suggest renting it first or buying it used at gamestop and taking it back if you dont like it, but i dont think youll be disapointed

I own Dragoball games since "Dragon Ball GT Final Bout" on PSone, and I have experienced most of the changes made to these games and so far this is my favorite, next to the first "Budokai" and "Tenkaichi 3". The main modes are Galaxy Mode, which has you using all 66 Characters and Battle Zone. There are no difficulty settings for either of these modes, but rather a set of handicaps or conditions will amp up the challenge of the fights for the most part. Being able to change your items and Super moves before every fight helps. I found the game to be simple and very enjoyable, took me a month to get everything from this game including the trophies, but never felt like a chore, just an enjoyable challenge( I just played 2 hours a day when I could ). Compared to the first, this one looks better, is faster and has a nice cinematic touch when it comes to certain moments during the fights. As far as Vegeta goes, he's always awesome! A Dragon Ball game that has over 500 fights, 620 Challenge Stamps to attempt, 430 pictures to unlock, not to mention characters and items, and a nice character encyclopedia is a keeper in my book. I got this one as soon as it came out and paid full price, no regrets. As a side note, the voice acting is based on DragonBall Kai (Dragon Ball Z revision) Check out the demo, or get a used copy, but I'd still pay full price gladly.

Edited by Neophenom