Moving Out Issue

Attack-Trik

So I've played The Sims 3 on PC and picked up the PS3 version hoping to pick up some trophies and have some fun since I had enjoyed that version of the game. Up til now the console version has been fine, although not as rich an experience as the PC version. But today I've kind of run into a brick wall which seems to be ruining the game for me.

So I had started with one male sim, got him married, and had four kids. I was going to use the kids to complete some lifetime wishes and skill challenges and then move them out until one was left to start a family. Unfortunately, now that I've been trying to move the kids out I've run into some issues.

So it seems that to move a sim out, the only option is to click move on the phone or computer. This brings up three columns, new house, old house, and kicked out. The sim you are controlling is locked into new house and you must divide the other sims into the columns. EXCEPT any sim you leave in the old house OR kick out is removed from the game and from what I've read elsewhere deleted from your sims family tree.

SO it seems that to get rid of sims you either have to move to a new house and pretend they never existed or kill them off and move on. This is just very disappointing because in the PC version you could move them out to a random lot and they would continue to live their lives. Maybe there is some other option I'm missing but I've looked everywhere I can think of and am pretty frustrated by this realization. At this point I think I'm just going to wrap up the ten or so trophies I have left to get and then try and resell the game while I can still get a decent price.

Any ideas or opinions?

(And sorry this kind of turned into a rant)

• 1 month later...

same problem with me exept it was a baby, i forgot my sim was old and had the ageing turned off... so i either kept the baby as a baby forever (alot of work) or turn ageing on and watch my guy die -.- so i tryed to move the baby out but you cant leave it by itself, kinda spoiled the game for me :/

but nope theres no other way from my experiance anyways.:think:

• 1 month later...

Try this: Announce a birthday party for your baby, buy a cake and let the baby blow the candles on the cake. Parent sim must take this baby in his hand, move close to the cake and you'll have one of the options to do it (don't remember exactly how it was called).

He shall grow up instead of game settings :) ...REpeat when necessary.

Just a warning. Since it is a glitch, save your game BEFORE the party starts (coz you won't be able to save it during the celebration) and if it freezes afterwards, just retry. I discovered this glitch by accident but it froze when I changed clothes for the young sim. Then by curiosity and..being annoyed by a ever crying baby I made him grow up this way and it worked. Maybe just don't stay in the dressing room too long.