Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

The Air of Experience

megaman80

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 4 drivers in the 28-36 range and they all seem to have the same career stats. Two of them have never lost a race. It's a mystery. Dunno. We'll get it eventually. You should probably level up some more drivers anyway, for the endurance races. It takes more exp later on anyway so the team will even out and you can't really do well with just one driver and your gonna have to stop to change tires anyway.

My impression is that the Career-stat keeps filling up for every race, even if he's otherwise hit the level-cap. When it fills up, he'll start LOSING stats for every race, representing that he's hit his peak and is now heading for retirement. Racecar-drivers don't last forever, after all.

If my theory is correct, the fastest way to get this trophy is to just keep using the same driver, maybe using him to grind money, untill his career peaks... but I could be wrong.

I think this is time based

As I have to drivers who have both done 19 races.

the second one is my driver who I made to do oval races and endurance races (so his races have been longer)

The first one has done much shorter ones apart from endurance.

The first one's career bar is about double that of the second.

I therefore have a hunch that it is based on number of days of creation

EDIT : this could be totally wrong, just my thoughts atm

My impression is that the Career-stat keeps filling up for every race, even if he's otherwise hit the level-cap. When it fills up, he'll start LOSING stats for every race, representing that he's hit his peak and is now heading for retirement. Racecar-drivers don't last forever, after all.

If my theory is correct, the fastest way to get this trophy is to just keep using the same driver, maybe using him to grind money, untill his career peaks... but I could be wrong.

I agree on using the same driver, but to hit the maximum in a shortest possible time span with one driver I would wager it would be smart to have 1 or 2 drivers early on that you use to unlock the big races and then when you have endurance races and extreme series unlocked, you create a new driver and let him drive every race. But given that my first ever driver is level 24 (soon 25) I don't think it will be a problem to reach Class 30.

slightly off topic but the little arrow on the top right of my drivers profile is pointing down, i have only just noticed this but he has won 37 out of 39 races so how is this possible that he's on a downer, and how can i get it pointing 'up'??:think:

slightly off topic but the little arrow on the top right of my drivers profile is pointing down, i have only just noticed this but he has won 37 out of 39 races so how is this possible that he's on a downer, and how can i get it pointing 'up'??:think:

It just mean that he is "tired" now and probably he will be racing badly. Do some easy races and he will be up soon

Just had a look at my highest classed driver. He is class 29, has driven 174 races and his carieer bar is at about 45%. It looks like the Air of Experience might take a long while. Maybe around the time you reach LV 35 in B-Spec if you keep using the same driver.

Edit: Another driver I have that I created early but has only given 1 race has the career bar filled out by 33%. So that proves there's no point in having more drivers than you absolutely needs. Yet another driver I have that I created just before I hit the Endurance races has 15 races (15 wins) and a career bar at around 10-15%. He is class 24. So doing Endurance races really boosts them up pretty fast.

Edited by Pesico

If its GT day based, maybe use the Used Car 'cheat/tip'?

License test, next, next, next... and it advances game-days. If the career is a span of time, rather than acheivement, then its plausable that your B-Spec needs to have a career lasting say 500 game days or some distant but achieveable value?

I'll give it a shot on my 2nd account, see if theres movement from it.

Well, not exactly the results i was hoping for. I did license B-1 to B-10 and back again. 19 days.

I did it once, didnt see anything i could be sure of, so i got some masking tape and taped over the end so if it extended it'd be visable, exited the game and checked the savegames day, and did it all over again.

Couldnt see anything which confirms this method unfortunately. I exited and checked the save data, it confirms 19 days added, so after 38 days (19 x2), taking me to 643 game days, i see no noticable change to my drivers career bar.

It'd be easier if i had a lv0 driver though :(

Edited by PaulC2K

You probably have to do B-Spec races in order to advance the career bar.
exactly there was a guy i forgot who showed a pic of his bar on here and he has almost 400 races was like 75% so i assume thats how its done cause im nearly at 200 and almost halfway... so no matter what youll have to grind smaller races over and over

Cool, thats more than fine by me. As long as i know what is getting the results, cos lately its felt like im getting nowhere and in terms of the B-Spec game ive almost completed it.

Not sure how other people are able to say they have drivers who've done no races yet have built up career stats, thats why it got me thinking if the value isnt based on them driving its calculated some other way.

Not sure when i'll get round to achieving this trophy then, as ive mentioned i've have got all gold in B-Spec after 5 races (4 to rank up, 1 to complete 24h Nurb) then im sure i'll do plenty of races from time to time, but around 500 is a big ask unless you really do grind it out. although im about 40-45% with 107 races so maybe theres more to it all.

Hmm, X1 around Tsukubu - Sunday Cup, its a 2m30sec race, so call it 3min after accepting cash, xp & bob stats. In 30min you could do 10 races. I'll give that a go and see if theres any noticable movement. The X1 could be replaced with the GT-F1 and maybe +30sec (requires Sport Hards though, X1 handles it better than expected tbh!)

Hmm, X1 around Tsukubu - Sunday Cup, its a 2m30sec race, so call it 3min after accepting cash, xp & bob stats. In 30min you could do 10 races. I'll give that a go and see if theres any noticable movement. The X1 could be replaced with the GT-F1 and maybe +30sec (requires Sport Hards though, X1 handles it better than expected tbh!)

I'm really interested in the results as I'm pretty much done with B-spec aswell. Hurry hurry :dance:

At first i wasnt too sure, like 3-4 races in, but i think it is moving at a sensible rate.

Previously i'd have said i was at about 42% and after 8 races it about 46% maybe... so hard to tell really as you cant screendump like on a PC and compare.

I've got my digital camera out and set it up purely to take a pic after each event.

hopefully that'll help, in 5 races i'll take another pic and see how far ive got, have left, and what the gain was after 5 races, then hopefully make a prediction on getting the bar to 100%

At first i wasnt too sure, like 3-4 races in, but i think it is moving at a sensible rate.

Previously i'd have said i was at about 42% and after 8 races it about 46% maybe... so hard to tell really as you cant screendump like on a PC and compare.

I've got my digital camera out and set it up purely to take a pic after each event.

hopefully that'll help, in 5 races i'll take another pic and see how far ive got, have left, and what the gain was after 5 races, then hopefully make a prediction on getting the bar to 100%

Or just use a regular ruler and measure. That way you won't have to compare photos or anything advanced. :think:

It's pretty weird though. I expected certain wins to generate more on the career bar. Like winning all of the events available (which my main driver has done apart from the last endurance races). Clearly, if he's won everything (or le mans 24h atleast, which is kind of big I suppose) he should have a more succesful career, compared to someone that does go kart races for a living or whatever :)

Edited by loscil

yeah, its all a bit odd. the over the top methodology is just my stupid way of doing things tbh :D

I just did a little comparison measuring pixels in photoshop.

Image i took just a moment ago had the full bar length at 1640px (photo pixels), and my progress at 735px. Thats 45% (44.8). 6 races on my bar is at 768px, which is 47% (46.8), a 2% gain.

6 races = 2% = 18min

30 races = 10% = 1h30min

Still not particularly favourable results though are they :(

These are obviously rough figures, but using rough figures i was able to accurately pinpoint how many XP future ranks would require and none have been more than 1xp out. The math is spot on, the measurements arent though as theres no pure value given (xp is a displayed value, a pixelated bar isnt)

it for sure is moving after a few races in dream race to gain some cash i looked and im going by the letters about the bar and its now past the N in experience... where before it was around the beginning

I'd be tempted to try on other events to compare results, but the problem is that im not even remotely convinced that this career/experience value has any relation to event difficulty or race length, if it did then surely the endurance races ive sent my guys out to do would come back with a sizable gain afterwards. Instead it feels like it hasnt moved for a week and that isnt an exageration.

I dont think you were suggesting there is, but IMO, just to help people form their own opinions, im currently of the opinion that you might as well go with the shortest (if all your looking for is bar progress).

I might try other tracks & events, but as you progress they turn into 20min races, which means 3 races takes 1hr and about 7% you could have earned on Tsukuba in SC event.

hmmm, while switching events to try elsewhere i've noticed my new unused bob (i deleted a guy, its a secondary PS3 im doing all this on) has managed to pick up career experience, so i guess its true it doesnt matter who's driving, its all shared around anyway. madness.

Edited by PaulC2K