My Drums Died - HELP!

King Boss

So I think it died on me but I'm hoping just some kind of loose connection on the inside of some sort. I was playing it and paused it, after a few moments it turned itself off and went I went to turn it back on...nothing. No blinking red lights searching or anything. So I messed around with the batteries a little bit and figured out they were low. Got new ones, put them in...and nothing. And I noticed the wireless receiver wasn't even blinking. Something was wrong with the left usb port, it just wasn't working. I switched it around on the other usb port and it was working fine. So a little frusturated I turned the ps3 off and took a minute to think. When I decided to turn the ps3 back on, the left usb port started working again. And the wireless receiver was blinking, everything looked fine. So back to the drums, I turn it on and it started working, connected to the receiver and everything. A few moments later it turns itself off again and I can't get it to turn back on. And I know it can't be the batteries this time. So I say screw it and left it alone for a few more hours. I turn the drums switc to "on" and it blinks a couple times looking for the receiver signal (which the ps3 was turned off at the time) and then stops. It didn't keep blinking and looking for long. And I push the ps button...nothing. Play with the switch and ps button a little bit and nothing. Anybody know anything? I'm gonna have to get me some precision screw drivers to get into this thing. I'll update more if I find anything.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd bring an update to this thread to see if anyone else was having the same problem as me. So it turns out that my drums seem to work fine...UNTIL I leave it alone long enough for it to automatically turn itself off. And when that happens, it doesn't want to start back up. And it might be awhile before it will turn back on for me. I haven't tested it all out to see. Most of the time I just turn the game off and play something else. I think if I unplugged the drums wireless receiver, ejected the game disc and totally turned off my PS3...maybe it would work, maybe not.

Always check your 'new' batteries with a meter - I've had lots of dead ones in new packaging.

Leaving the 'dead' battery in with the live ones brings it from very low charge to 3 relatively equally charged batteries. it doesnt make sense, but a dead battery is like a huge resistor, reducing the other ones, so 1+1+0 = 0, but .6+.6+.6=1.8

Leaving it for a while let the batteries equalize...sometimes.

I'm not an actual believer of "everything happens for a reason" but I can't exclude the possibility either. All I can say is it's time to take the fun to another level. Go to your local music store and buy a real drum set.

I hear those real life drum sets have a high failure rate, though. Even higher than the 360's. I wouldnt recommend one to anyone.;) But anyway, thats a real bummer. Sounds like something that would happen to me.;)