where to post?

Amitriptyline247

Don't get me wrong I think this is a great site from what I see it has a great community and some really helpful walkthrough's, and it seems very little spam which is always a plus.

However to be able to edit my profile I must make 10 posts? Madness, I have nothing to post why would you want me to spam 10 posts, surely if I was a spammer I wouldn't really want to fully set up my account?

Then it gets worse to be able to join the 100% or Platinum clubs I need to make 50 posts!

Really I guess my only question is where can I make said posts? Is there a forum somewhere we can just spam posts to get our figures up, or do I need to wait a few years until I have hit the magic number?

Thanks

Just make ten non-spam posts. It's not hard, just give a good reply to ten threads. It's hardly going to take years...

And 50 posts to join a platinum/100% club is reasonable too. If you're not going to be an active member of the site it isn't fair if we let you into the clubs which people put a lot of effort into making and getting people in.

Edited by HairySpud

like jmowen said, if you've already played a few games go to those threads and maybe try to answer a question someone has or just reply to the platinum difficulty rating thread. i think my account is almost a year old this month and i've gotten almost 100 posts just from these things.

I was kinda thinking the same thing when I joined, but considering some of the forums I'm on, 10 posts is a breeze.. 1 forum comes to mind.. They require you to be a member for 6 months and have 100 post before you can send PM's or post things for sell..

I was able to almost have the 10 post in my "Member Profile" thread.. Just start a thread there and tell us a little about yourself.. What games ya like playing.. Chime in on a few threads about game reviews.. Need help with a platinum? Post in one of the boost threads...

I do plan to post more than 10 replies it's just I don't post that often only when I see a question or something that I can answer. I hate people who reply to posts exactly what has already been said, to me they are more annoying than people coming in posting about a great new site all should join.

And as I am using the site for it's helpful walkthroughs etc the least I can do is show my support and appreciation to the site by becoming a member!

I just wanted to get my account all set up and connected with my PSN trophies signature and avatar before I fully get sucked in by the forums. Seems to me you get taken more seriously if you have taken the time to fully set up your account (from experience of other sites not this one).

Seeing as another forum I have belonged to for 16 months I have only made 36 posts on it is not going to be any time soon I hit 50, oh well we will see how it goes.

Much thanks jmowen for your very helpful suggestion of the best places to post, somehow I missed the off topic section.

I do plan to post more than 10 replies it's just I don't post that often only when I see a question or something that I can answer. I hate people who reply to posts exactly what has already been said, to me they are more annoying than people coming in posting about a great new site all should join.

And as I am using the site for it's helpful walkthroughs etc the least I can do is show my support and appreciation to the site by becoming a member!

I just wanted to get my account all set up and connected with my PSN trophies signature and avatar before I fully get sucked in by the forums. Seems to me you get taken more seriously if you have taken the time to fully set up your account (from experience of other sites not this one).

Seeing as another forum I have belonged to for 16 months I have only made 36 posts on it is not going to be any time soon I hit 50, oh well we will see how it goes.

Much thanks jmowen for your very helpful suggestion of the best places to post, somehow I missed the off topic section.

trust me it doesnt take much.

i normally go in the off topic or general ps3/games section, i subtley spam alot of the time, but if u go in them sections, you will most likely get 10 in one day!!!

i remember when i first starte here(it says jan) but my firstposts were in april, look what i have now! 1000+ :eek: