Milestone Rewards???

chewbacon

I think it would be a good idea to have a reward system on the PS3. Example: lets say you just got your 1st (P) i think it would be cool to get a free avatar voucher (or maybe psn could design custom avatars just for the milestone trophies) or there could be home rewards for your 500th or 1,000th trophy or your 500th silver or Gold trophy... i am currently coming up on my 20th platinum. That would be cool go get something for all the ball pain it took to get all these Platinum. Does anyone think this would work or is this just a bad idea?

So you would want to have a Meta-game Reward system?

I think that would be cool like get 100 PLatinums and get a Kevin butler autograph!

Guillermo (nice name by the way), I agree with you about the meta-reward concept. It's basically getting a reward for a reward, sounds diluted to me, but the 100 Platinums reward does sound like an actual milestone.

A reward or trophy needs to be earned not given, and if you are getting a reward for a reward (a meta-reward), it ought to be for something extraordinary that sets you apart from your peers, otherwise the reward does not achieve anything, doesn't signify anything...well it only heightens our self-esteem.

So, basically, you want a reward system within a reward system? :p

I've always thought that would be pretty cool. I think a cool one would be something like if you unlock the Platinum for a game, you can use all of the Trophy Icons for that game as an Avatar for your PSN, or + $5 for your wallet for every Platinum you get.

I certainly hope we get to see something like this in the future.

I think if this was ever implemented, you would get free themes/wallapers/avatars.

There's no way that you'd get a monetary reward. Imagine the millions of PSN users - now I know that not all of them would reach a certain milestone, but it would still be a LOT of money for Sony to pay out.