Swan Diver II glitched?

Adagio

Ok.. so I loaded a previous save and tried one more time.. nope, didnt work.. Then I tried one more time and the trophy popped! :)

Judging from the commentaries in this video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA-ArI2rOLU]YouTube - Tomb Raider: Underworld - Climbing and Swan Diving[/ame] there seems to be alot of people having this glitch.

• 1 month later...

I may be remembering this wrong because i haven't played the game for a really long time, but i'm pretty sure there's an identical box on the exact other side of the ship. Are the people who think this trophy is bugged sure they got the right side of the ship when they were attempting it? I say this because i also got this on the first attempt, and i actually didn't have any bugs or glitches in my game when i played.

The video in the trophy guide makes it look as though she needs to dive off of the corner of that white storage chest. That didn't work for me. So the next time, I positioned myself over the longer edge and got it--just last week as a matter of fact.

I think this is what I found also. However, I had to try several attempts of being 'over the longer edge' before it worked.

It's strange because the other two dives worked first time. I guess it must be down to dodgy edge detection in that level or something because the game seems very particular about where you stand for Swan Diver II.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem Adagio, must have tried the Swan Diver II jump 15 or so times, then just as I was saying to myself one more for the road - I overshot the crate and started sliding of the ship. In a panic I tapped X + O & as luck would have it - obtained the Swan Diver II trophy. Very glitchy that damn jump, the other two were first time successes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...