Didn't get Scientific Pursuits Trophy

heavymetal3k

Did you select all the text about your dad and PP with Doctor Ling? I did, but I haven't gone to Jefferson Memorial to complete the quest yet.

I selected every option that was given to me. I went to Jefferson Memorial and picked up I think 8 or 9 Holotapes. I went back to her and still nothing. I will start the game all over from the beginning (I saved over the file I was using :() and try again.

I selected every option that was given to me. I went to Jefferson Memorial and picked up I think 8 or 9 Holotapes. I went back to her and still nothing. I will start the game all over from the beginning (I saved over the file I was using :() and try again.

The key to get the trophy is to avoid Rivet City until you complete the Galaxy Radio Quest since the first object of the Scientific Pursuits quest is to gain access to Rivet City. Quote from the Fallout wikia on the subject (Scientific Pursuits - Fallout Wiki - The Vault)

To successfully get the achievement for this quest, you must speak with Three Dog in the Galaxy News Radio quest, and have him give you the quest, as opposed to going to Rivet City and getting the quest from Dr. Li. Receiving the quest from Dr. Li disqualifies you from getting the achievement, as the first objective in the quest is to find Rivet City, and completing objectives out of order or before getting the quest can disqualify you from certain quest-based achievements. (Yes, it WILL disqualify you if you don't get the objectives in order. It will skip all the Rivet City and Doctor Li Stuff.) It is also possible to skip to the mission "Gain Access to Vault 112" if you have already travelled to Jefferson Memorial (on your own, not as part of the mission), and found the holotapes. After this, Three Dog and Doctor Li will not give you any information about your dads whereabouts whatsoever.

Yea, I just started over. Ran into Megaton, ran to GNR, did 3-dog's quest, ran to Rivet City (avoided the Jefferson place), talked to Li, ran to Jefferson and picked up the logs in Rotunda, ran to 112. And got the trophy. Waste of 3 hours, but oh well, now I have my platinum.

Total play time according to my save data, 80 something hours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

same thing happened to me ,spoke to dr li and as the scientific pursuits quest came up , the following in his footsteps quest was completed but no trophy, and find galaxy radio square was filled in, and im like wtf, luckily i saved it before i spoke to her ,now i know this im gonna do the following in his footsteps one first, when you think that it disables trophies if you dont do them in the right way , the sandbox aspect of the game sort of disappears a bit and it becoes vagule linear :(

same thing happened to me ,spoke to dr li and as the scientific pursuits quest came up , the following in his footsteps quest was completed but no trophy, and find galaxy radio square was filled in, :(

Had the same, following footsteps quest was all checked off while hadnt been to GNR yet.

Had a hard time finding GNR after because there were no markers. Showed up there, was not met up by the wandering team of brotherhood, just walked onto plaza (no brotherhood member with fat man lying there :-( ) and behemoth showed up. Killed with aid of guards, went inside, talked with three dog, and the quest following footsteps showed up as completed, and the trophy popped up!

Don't know if I was lucky, but glad I didn't have to redo that part!