Guide To: Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic

mm74

I'm making this thread for those who want to get this pesky trophy but don't know where to start.

Finding A Partner

-Find a partner and both of you need to agree on a schedule that will last anywhere from 9-10 hours(this includes any breaks you may wanna take)

-Make sure you are not late or have your timezones wrong you don't wanna make your partner wait it's just rude.

-Agree who's going to go first, not both of you are going to get the trophy in the same day.

The Game Modes

-This is the checklist you will use to check of the game modes using either paint or photoshop. If you don't have neither programs print it out and check off using a pencil.

The checklist is here

http://imgboot.com/images/007craft/gta4awpchecklistv2.png

-Make respawn time 1 sec for all modes

Deathmatch and Teamdeathmatch

-Deathmatch requires a minimum of 2 people while TDM requires at least 4 people.

-Make the location prison as its the smallest

-Make the duration $500

Mafia and Team Mafia work

-Both modes require only 2 people

-Duration $2500

-Make the map Bohan

Carjack and Team Carjack City

-Both modes require 4 people to start

-Make duration 10 minutes

-Turn the AI level off

-Make the map Dukes/Broker

Cops N Crooks

-Requires 4 people

-You need to win as cops in One for all and All for one

-You need to win as Crooks in One for all and All for one

-This means you'll play this mode twice provided you all 4 rounds

Turf War

-4 players required to start

-Set the duration to $1000

Regular Race Mode

-Only 2 people required

-Set it to 1 lap

-Set the traffic to parked (except when doing free race and cannonball run then set it to low)

-Vehicle damage should be scrapes only

GTA Race

-Same settings as Race Mode

-Weapons should be at health only

Co-op Missions

-These missions need only 2 people

-Remember you just need to finish! Don't worry about the times just finish unless you wanna get Fly the coop at the same time.(Dealbreaker is 7:04, Hangmans Noose is 2:32, and Bomb The Base is 5:34)

[EDIT}

To Thorvan's testimony i will add you can get signed out of psn and sign back on and resume to get the trophy. Now this doesnt mean when ur nored turn your ps3 off and go do something else, avoid signing out or turning your ps3 off, try to stay in the online the whole time if possible but don't be disappointed if u get signed out.

Hope this guide helped you all out

Edited by mm74

Nice pointers there. Seeing as how I got this trophy myself just this morning I thought I'd throw in my own two cents from my experience.

Cops N Crooks

You don't need to win 4 rounds of this (cops + crooks in both all for one + one for all). I was hosting the match and set it to all for one, simply winning both rounds in that match unlocked the trophy.

Also I can confirm that getting disconnected from the PSN will not forfeit your ability to receive the trophy. I was (must to my distress I might add) disconnected from the PSN with only the team matches left to play. I stayed in single player while I sorted that out, during which I also unplugged the ethernet cable. After I was able to reconnect to the PSN I resumed the team matches and still unlocked the trophy.

Nice pointers there. Seeing as how I got this trophy myself just this morning I thought I'd throw in my own two cents from my experience.

Cops N Crooks

You don't need to win 4 rounds of this (cops + crooks in both all for one + one for all). I was hosting the match and set it to all for one, simply winning both rounds in that match unlocked the trophy.

Also I can confirm that getting disconnected from the PSN will not forfeit your ability to receive the trophy. I was (must to my distress I might add) disconnected from the PSN with only the team matches left to play. I stayed in single player while I sorted that out, during which I also unplugged the ethernet cable. After I was able to reconnect to the PSN I resumed the team matches and still unlocked the trophy.

Actually no u do need to win all 4 rounds. i kno i did . you might not hav had to because u hav won in the other 2 rounds before and it saved those wins. For example when doing the coop missions i didnt have to do Bomb the base or hangmans noose after dealbreaker i got the trophy (note before doing awp i already had fly the coop) so it gave me a break on those 2 matches it does this sometimes for some reason . So its safer to do all the modes just in case so you dont hav to go bak because not everybody gets lucky like us. i will add that u can get signed out of psn because i have heard it happen to multiple people and they still got trophy like you.

Edited by mm74

Having just achieved this trophy after a 20hr non-stop play through, I have to admit that it was one of the most boring trophies that I have collected. My partner and I took turns in winning, but unfortunatly, my partner got STUCK on a few occasions and did not recvieve the trophy.

I would like to say a big THANKS to Silent-Blair for the 20hrs of maddness, and as soon as I catch up on some sleep, I will be back on to help him get the AWP trophy and his well earned platinum.

Having just achieved this trophy after a 20hr non-stop play through, I have to admit that it was one of the most boring trophies that I have collected. My partner and I took turns in winning, but unfortunatly, my partner got STUCK on a few occasions and did not recvieve the trophy.

I would like to say a big THANKS to Silent-Blair for the 20hrs of maddness, and as soon as I catch up on some sleep, I will be back on to help him get the AWP trophy and his well earned platinum.

wow 20 hours?...wow i wouldnt reccomend to anyone to alternate wins, its very time consuming but if u got then congratz

wow 20 hours?...wow i wouldnt reccomend to anyone to alternate wins, its very time consuming but if u got then congratz

Tell me about it, but since my mate helped me I will be returning the favour. At least this time he should be able to get it in half the time. Besides, its his last trophy to unlock the platinum

Haha, yeah I was so exhausted, and when it came to the end, and I didn't even get the trophy, lol. But I'm real glad Mignun got it. Hopefully I'll be able to get it soon, and I would have if not for a few weird glitches and PSN signing me out for some reason.

Does anyone know for sure if you can get it in multiple sessions?

Edited by Silent

Thorvon: So if i was in the middl of auf petrovic and i went to sleep and got signed out. If i woke up few hours later could it still work?

no answer is for certain because some people have been able to do it in multiple sessions but others (including myself tried 3 times) cant

• 7 months later...
There is so much incorrect information throughout this thread that I couldn't possibly begin to straighten it out. The list of games needed for AWP is correct, and that's about it. Cops'n'Crooks is not correct.

With your expert GTA opinion is this all covered in other threads dude?

If so i'll close this.

With your expert GTA opinion is this all covered in other threads dude?

If so i'll close this.

yes there are much better threads to read now. Krytonite Dragon has even presented a bit of a walkthrough/checklist. this would be a better one and a has much more responses with links to other good threads:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gta-iv/18265-who-got-auf-wiedersehen-petrovic-trophy.html

Edited by RedEye420