makeing weapons help ?

Dragonsxshadow

First off, you'll need the schematic for 1 of the 7 custom weapons. They can be bought from some traders, rewarded for completing certain quests, or found somewhere in the Wasteland.

Once you have the schematic, you just press X at a workbench. The easiest to find is Moira's at Craterside Supplies in Megaton, or you can purchase your own from Moira and will have one in your house.

im pretty sure i picked up a schematic when i was on my way to the supa mart in an old shack (are they little red books) but when i tried clicking on the desk at moiras it said i didnt know how to make anything, and now it also seems to be gone from my inventory. did something fuck up? i have a feeling the schematic was for a chinese something or other.

• 3 months later...

Yes, you definitely didn't pick up a schematic as the would have automatically offered you the option to make it at the work bench (and if you didn't have the necessary parts, it would have told you so). Schematics look like blueprints, they're a bit larger than books, and usually blueish or off-white depending on the lighting of the level.

My question is: I've already made the Railway Gun. However, I've now acquired two more schematics so that the schematic is now "railway gun V.3" with higher damage. I've tried to repair my existing railway gun to no avail - so do I need to find all the pieces again and make another one to get it to be the more powerful "V.3"?

Yes, you definitely didn't pick up a schematic as the would have automatically offered you the option to make it at the work bench (and if you didn't have the necessary parts, it would have told you so). Schematics look like blueprints, they're a bit larger than books, and usually blueish or off-white depending on the lighting of the level.

My question is: I've already made the Railway Gun. However, I've now acquired two more schematics so that the schematic is now "railway gun V.3" with higher damage. I've tried to repair my existing railway gun to no avail - so do I need to find all the pieces again and make another one to get it to be the more powerful "V.3"?

yep. the updated schematics you find wont apply to the existing weapons you have created already

Acquiring multiple copies of the same Schematic will allow you to make better versions of the self-created weapons. Each copy you find past the first one allows you to make a better version

* Additional Schematics for the Bottlecap Mine and Nuka Grenade allow you to make more instead of giving more damage. With one schematic - you make one. With two - you make two. With three - you make three.

It's a good idea to hunt down additional copies if you plan on using the weapons often. Obtaining more than one copy of the schematics will upgrade the plans. Two plans makes the initial condition of the weapon at construction equal to your repair skill (75% of your repair skill with just one blueprint). Three plans will net a condition of 125% of your repair skill at construction.

Higher repair lets you to make homemade weapons that have higher starting condition and damage. As you make multiple copies of the same weapon you can combine them with the repair skill for higher condition and damage.

Contrary to the in-game text, additional Schematics do not increase damage. As the base item is the same, the base statistics are as well. The only change is in its condition

Additional information below:

[spoiler=1]

One of the best places to find materials required by schematics is at Lucky's. Even better is Pinkerton's behind Rivet City, as he has at least one of everything needed for the schematics (with the exception of animal parts).

Schematics:

Bottlecap Mine Megaton Reward for part of the Wasteland Survival Guide Quest

Bottlecap Mine Lamplight Cavern Sold by Knick Knack

Bottlecap Mine Jocko’s Pop & Gas Stop On a workbench inside the shop

Bottlecap Mine Tenpenny Tower Inside Herbert "Daring" Dashwood's safe in his 2nd floor suite. You can either lockpick it, or earn his key by finding Argyle in Rockopolis. This may only happen if you didn't get it from the Wasteland Survival Guide Quest.

Dart Gun Tenpenny Tower Puchased from Lydia

Dart Gun MDPL-05 Power Station Found next to a corpse

Dart Gun Temple of the Union Reward for completing Head of State quest

Deathclaw Gauntlet F Scott Key Campground Found next to a corpse in a small camper

Deathclaw Gauntlet Rockopolis Found on a corpse outside Rockopolis (where the Unarmed Bobblehead is found)*Random Chance*

Deathclaw Gauntlet Rivet City Side with Bannon during the Bannon's Request side mission

Railway Rifle Rivet City Complete Stealing Independence

Railway Rifle Underworld Purchased from Tullip

Railway Rifle MDPL-13 Power Station Inside small building opposite to powerstation on a workbench

Rock-It Launcher Megaton Purchased from Moira

Rock-It Launcher Vault 101 during Trouble on the Homefront Safe behind the plaque with your mother's bible quote in medlab

Rock-It Launcher Trade Caravan Purchased from Crazy Wolfgang

Nuka Grenade Girdershade Complete the Nuka-cola challenge

Nuka Grenade Trade Caravan Purchased from Doc Hoff

Nuka Grenade Cliffside Caverns Near some skeletons at the very end of the caverns, in the Yao Guai Cave.

Shishkebab The Family Taken from or given by Vance

Shishkebab West of SatCom Array NN-03d On the table inside a small shack

Shishkebab Trade Caravan Purchased from Lucky Harith

Shishkebab Random houses in the capital wasteland On most workbenches

Workbenches:

Megaton - Inside Craterside Supply.

Rivet City - In the Market, and in The Capitol Preservation Society.

Meresti Station - The Family's hideout.

Jocko's Pop & Gas Stop - northwest of Tenpenny Tower. In the shack.

Robco Facility - northeast of Tenpenny Tower.

Upper level of one of the SatCom Array facilities.

In your house/apartment, after purchasing the My First Workbench item from Moira Brown.

In the tunnels from the Jefferson Memorial to the Citadel, located in a side passage. NOTE: The area around this workbench is radioactive.

Hamilton's Hideaway

Jury Street Metro Station - Inside, protected by 3 raiders.

Pinkerton's hideout in the Broken Bow of Rivet City.

Evergreen Mills Bazaar - Smiling Jack has a workbench in the northwest alcove of his store.

Falls Church metro, in the Franklin Metro Utility room.

Mechanist's Lair

Bethesda Ruins - 3rd floor of Bethesda East building.

MDPL-13 Power Station - Substation shack.

Old Olney - in the Sewers.

Greener Pastures Disposal Site - Against the south wall inside the Office building.

Canterbury Commons - In Dominic and Machete's house.

Little Lamplight - In the great chamber.

Fort Independence - In the lower level.

On the top floor of a destroyed Raider-occupied building, northwest of the Arlington Library.

The Underworld - In Underworld Outfitters shop run by Tulip. The Underworld is in the main concourse in the Museum of History.

National Guard Depot - One level below the floor you enter on, by a desk. Go down the stairs on the left as soon as you enter.

Paradise Falls - Inside Lock and Load on the left side of the shop when you walk in.

Edited by JadeShark

Acquiring multiple copies of the same Schematic will allow you to make better versions of the self-created weapons. Each copy you find past the first one allows you to make a better version

* Additional Schematics for the Bottlecap Mine and Nuka Grenade allow you to make more instead of giving more damage. With one schematic - you make one. With two - you make two. With three - you make three.

It's a good idea to hunt down additional copies if you plan on using the weapons often. Obtaining more than one copy of the schematics will upgrade the plans. Two plans makes the initial condition of the weapon at construction equal to your repair skill (75% of your repair skill with just one blueprint). Three plans will net a condition of 125% of your repair skill at construction.

Higher repair lets you to make homemade weapons that have higher starting condition and damage. As you make multiple copies of the same weapon you can combine them with the repair skill for higher condition and damage.

Contrary to the in-game text, additional Schematics do not increase damage. As the base item is the same, the base statistics are as well. The only change is in its condition

Additional information below:

[spoiler=1]

One of the best places to find materials required by schematics is at Lucky's. Even better is Pinkerton's behind Rivet City, as he has at least one of everything needed for the schematics (with the exception of animal parts).

Bottlecap Mine Megaton Reward for part of the Wasteland Survival Guide Quest

Bottlecap Mine Lamplight Cavern Sold by Knick Knack

Bottlecap Mine Jocko’s Pop & Gas Stop On a workbench inside the shop

Bottlecap Mine Tenpenny Tower Inside Herbert "Daring" Dashwood's safe in his 2nd floor suite. You can either lockpick it, or earn his key by finding Argyle in Rockopolis. This may only happen if you didn't get it from the Wasteland Survival Guide Quest.

Dart Gun Tenpenny Tower Puchased from Lydia

Dart Gun MDPL-05 Power Station Found next to a corpse

Dart Gun Temple of the Union Reward for completing Head of State quest

Deathclaw Gauntlet F Scott Key Campground Found next to a corpse in a small camper

Deathclaw Gauntlet Rockopolis Found on a corpse outside Rockopolis (where the Unarmed Bobblehead is found)*Random Chance*

Deathclaw Gauntlet Rivet City Side with Bannon during the Bannon's Request side mission

Railway Rifle Rivet City Complete Stealing Independence

Railway Rifle Underworld Purchased from Tullip

Railway Rifle MDPL-13 Power Station Inside small building opposite to powerstation on a workbench

Rock-It Launcher Megaton Purchased from Moira

Rock-It Launcher Vault 101 during Trouble on the Homefront Safe behind the plaque with your mother's bible quote in medlab

Rock-It Launcher Trade Caravan Purchased from Crazy Wolfgang

Nuka Grenade Girdershade Complete the Nuka-cola challenge

Nuka Grenade Trade Caravan Purchased from Doc Hoff

Nuka Grenade Cliffside Caverns Near some skeletons at the very end of the caverns, in the Yao Guai Cave.

Shishkebab The Family Taken from or given by Vance

Shishkebab West of SatCom Array NN-03d On the table inside a small shack

Shishkebab Trade Caravan Purchased from Lucky Harith

Shishkebab Random houses in the capital wasteland On most workbenches

Yeah, I read the wiki entry you've copied and pasted here, before posting this. What isn't clear from that entry (and what Lemegaton300 DOES answer above) is that the additional schematics do not apply to weapons you've already created - so you've got to go find all the stuff and build another one if you want it to be stronger (or, in the case of Bottlecap Mines and Nuka Grenades, if you want more of them).

Yeah, I read the wiki entry you've copied and pasted here, before posting this. What isn't clear from that entry (and what Lemegaton300 DOES answer above) is that the additional schematics do not apply to weapons you've already created - so you've got to go find all the stuff and build another one if you want it to be stronger (or, in the case of Bottlecap Mines and Nuka Grenades, if you want more of them).

I think you'll find I was answering/helping the original poster, otherwise I would've 'quoted' your question.

:rolleyes:

i've a question...

i collected all the schematics for the rock-it-launcher for positive and i thought i rememebered putting them all in a locker in the common house of megaton. thats where i keep all my custom weapon parts for now and anyway when i got the last schematic from rivet citys armory i went back to my lockers and i didnt have but just the one schematic but on the schematic it said something about being 20% better and in my notes it list some schematics i found and it says on one rock-it-launcher v3 but i did not see any v4 but i know i got all 4. im just wondering if anyone knows that for each schematic does it say on the schematic the weapon is 5% better for each schematic cuz thats what im hoping since 4x5 is 20. and does anyone know if once u get a multiple schematic do they just combine into one schematic or are they all separate cuz if so i screwed myself and lost 3 rock-it-launcher schematics.

also i cant find my other weapon schematics i have collected they are listed in my notes but i cant find them in my inventory or in my lockers. also after making the rock-it-launcher i still have the schematic in my inventory is it after you collect all schematics they add up to one schematic that stays in your inventory? idk im so confused about these schematics right now

any advice will be greatly appreciated

Edited by Dirty Deagle Meat

The first schematic found allows you to construct an item. Each additional copy of the schematic will increase the item's power by 10%.

Additional Schematics cease to yield benefits after three of each kind have been located. They will simply appear as items in your inventory.

You said schematics too many times, now it doesn't even sound like a word :D

ok ok cool thanks i have been playing since i posted and i have found many new schematics and none of them pop up in my inventory. i guess lvl 3 is as maxed out as it comes in this game...i wonder y then does the game contain more than 3 for some weapons?...to sell maybe, the schematic is worth 800 caps.

i know this isnt the thread to ask but does anyone know what i need to do to complete the freeform quest for bannon so i can get the deathclaw schematic from him. i remember he wants me to find some incriminating evidence on someone, i broke into that persons room but i didnt find anything incriminating and bannon wont talk to me about any mission when i talk to hiim...anyone know what to do?