Green Hornet

Slamma

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo3eI-03OtU]YouTube - 'The Green Hornet' Trailer HD[/ame]

Its odd to see Seth Rogen as a superhero, but he definitely slimmed down for the part. I'm rather interested in seeing this now. I've never heard of the Green Hornet before, but I'm intrigued.

Any Green Hornet fans here?

Two things. First, I didn't know Michel Gondry was directing this until they announced the trailer. I love his past work, but this is very different. Not sure if this was the right piece of work for him. It looks very....I don't know the word. Too bland or too generic of an action movie? They overused the slow motion technique to death in that preview.

Second, the guy they got as Kato seems like a worthy replacement over Stephen Chow. When it was announced Chow dropped out, I didn't think they'd find anyone else close enough to fill the shoes of Bruce Lee. But I don't think getting someone with martial arts knowledge even mattered since most of the action from the preview involved guns and blowing stuff up.

It didn't look bad, but I won't pay to see it in the theater. I'll give it a chance as a rental. As far as action/buddy movies based off old TV shows, nothing can be as bad as Wild Wild West. :p

Edited by fancyfox