Is the trophy boosting thread dead?

Ynnor4009

Since the last patch is "boosting" within MAG nearly useless - cause they nerfed most of the requirements way too much.

I mean, what is left to boost? Sidearm ribbons were reduced to 10 per round - allover to 250. AA gun ribbons were both reduced to 1 per round and so on.

In my opinion was boosting in MAG before the patch 1.) real hard and 2.) fun-stealing (I personally did everything by myself while just playing with my friends since release) and now after the patch is it absolutely useless - or to say it with hard words (without wanting to attack anyone): People who now still need to boost something shouldn't play a skillful shooter like MAG (especially after that big nerf that reduced the requirements to a bad joke).

Since the last patch is "boosting" within MAG nearly useless - cause they nerfed most of the requirements way too much.

I mean, what is left to boost? Sidearm ribbons were reduced to 10 per round - allover to 250. AA gun ribbons were both reduced to 1 per round and so on.

In my opinion was boosting in MAG before the patch 1.) real hard and 2.) fun-stealing (I personally did everything by myself while just playing with my friends since release) and now after the patch is it absolutely useless - or to say it with hard words (without wanting to attack anyone): People who now still need to boost something shouldn't play a skillful shooter like MAG (especially after that big nerf that reduced the requirements to a bad joke).

I can't do anything myself i need some friends to help me... 3-1 kill ratio? I'm lucky if i'm even getting one kill per match and 19-25 deaths per match. and there are some trophies i don't even understand at all. I'm the biggest n00b when it comes to war FPS games... I'm much better at Borderlands or BioShock.

to say it with hard words (without wanting to attack anyone): People who now still need to boost something shouldn't play a skillful shooter like MAG (especially after that big nerf that reduced the requirements to a bad joke).

You're not attacking... i should just have known better than buying this ****

Edited by Ynnor4009

Okay, this was an absolutely bullseye, wasn't it? *looks down*

It isn't a problem to explain you every trophy in single.

The problem is, that MAG don't have any Singleplayer where you could learn the game - you can just learn by playing and getting owned at the beginning. And MAG is also way different to nearly every other shooters existing out there.

And if you call yourself a big noob in shooters - yes, then it maybe was a mistake to buy an online only shooter. But MAG is a great game - and if you invest some time into it you will most likely become better. But MAG isn't a game for just earning trophies (cause many of the players are real good).

Sorry again for that hard bullseye - but it was honest meant when I wrote that boosting after that big nerf is pretty useless... Maybe will you find a few player for it even now (what I doubt) but for MAG trophies is practice the best way.

Well it requires some practice. With the 3:1 kill death ratio get lucky, die, dont respawn by being on the respawn select screen. Also, try getting a weapon that suits you? Youre impatient? Get a machine gun right away since thats the weapon youll be using mostly. I went from a 1-10 kill death ratio to a 55-26. And yes both these thing were in one match.

Okay, this was an absolutely bullseye, wasn't it? *looks down*

It isn't a problem to explain you every trophy in single.

The problem is, that MAG don't have any Singleplayer where you could learn the game - you can just learn by playing and getting owned at the beginning. And MAG is also way different to nearly every other shooters existing out there.

And if you call yourself a big noob in shooters - yes, then it maybe was a mistake to buy an online only shooter. But MAG is a great game - and if you invest some time into it you will most likely become better. But MAG isn't a game for just earning trophies (cause many of the players are real good).

Sorry again for that hard bullseye - but it was honest meant when I wrote that boosting after that big nerf is pretty useless... Maybe will you find a few player for it even now (what I doubt) but for MAG trophies is practice the best way.

Anyways got my 3:1 kill ratio trophy yesterday and i think i'm getting better. Just need a new Scope on my Sniper and i'm rolling! thx a lot for the feedback n.n