What Makes Nightmare So Difficult?

I hate if you kill an alien near you then the acid kills you even with full health and the amount of ammo it takes to kill the aliens and drones.

If it had checkpoints then it would be simple.

Edited by chris21

I hate if you kill an alien near you then the acid kills you even with full health and the amount of ammo it takes to kill the aliens and drones.

If it had checkpoints then it would be simple.

Yes, but the reason there are none is probably because Nightmare mode is the point where the develops decide to go all out and laugh at your ass for trying to get the trophy in a mode that no one but the hardcore would attempt.

There needs to be more trophies like this in games... ones that push the player to do something tough. Just started last night on Predator Nightmare... fantastically difficult

EDIT: After playing through Predator, Alien and 2/3 of Marines on Nightmare, it doesnt seem like there's alot that makes it hard except for the fact you have to restart if you die. Sure, enemies are harder, the acid deaths from close proximity kills are tough, but with checkpoints, they are quite easy. No checkpoints means you have to play a good solid half hour block of stealth and counter attacks (at least on Marine you do). So I'd say its the checkpoints and thats all

Edited by kraven_15