Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

SSJ4_Haruhi

Well I have not seen it but according to reviews, it is the best video game movie made so far. Of course that is not saying much and it is still not supposed to be that good. It really just seems to me like they took the formula for Pirates of the Caribbean and changed it to the PoP storyline and there you go.

I've watched it last Saturday and it is, without a question, the best video game movie made to date.

I actually enjoyed the movie, tbh. If you're going to watch it you just have to accept that they changed certain things to make it into a movie and appeal to more people than just the gamers who enjoyed PoP as a video game.

I would say the movie was slightly above average all in all, even though I enjoyed it alot more than some other movies considered "good" by the masses.

I wasn't aware there were so many white persians...

You clearly know nothing of that area. The reason white people are called "Caucasians" is because there is an area in Persia called Caucasus.

Persia, is actually where Iran is now. Iranians are more along the lines of "white" than they are Arabian. They also don't like being called Arabs.

So.. here's some food for thought: Click here for some Persians that are "white".

Here's a little excerpt if you are too lazy to click the link and actually read it.

Iran literally means Land of Aryans. Obviously Persians today look a bit different than they did prior to the Arab invasions of long ago; but even today, many Persians are very light-skinned with light eyes. And yes, there are truly blonde/green eyed Persians around. In Tehran, even.

Next time you decide to open your mouth about something you know nothing about... I suggest you shut it before you make yourself look stupid again.

I'm personally tired of people bitching (and articles on the internet bitching) about how someone "white" is playing a Persian. If any of these people knew anything about "Persia" they'd know that Persians look more white than they think and more "white" than Arabian. Jack Gyllenhaal looks fine for the role. He isn't just a "white guy", he's clearly been to a tanning salon of some sort to give him so color so he's not pasty white. Same thing with Gemma Arterton.

Sorry for the rant, everyone else, but I get tired of this shit.

Anyways... I loved the movie. I was thoroughly enjoying it the entire way through. I like Jake Gyllenhaal as an actor (a great actor, IMO) and I like Gemma Arterton because she's sexy. Ben Kingsley is also a great actor that I enjoy watching.

Edited by jamby

Im with Jamby Im so tired of people bitching about skin color in a movie.....no one fucking complained when Wilson Fisk was a giant black guy in Daredevil (even though the movie was shit) Prince of Persia looks great and obviously you guys dont remember how white the Prince looked in the Sands of Time...

same with The Last Airbender, get the fuck over it.