Possible Trophy Glitch

hshirako

Ok, I may have found a trophy glitch. The specific trophy is Defeated the Preacher.

I started my first playthrough on hard(vita-chamber ON) and got stuck on the battle defeating Simon Wales. Thought I had enough ammo but I didn't. Anyways, I kept on dying. Frustrated, I created a manual save right after I came out of the vita chamber and took an hour off.

When I loaded my save, the message that I just defeated Simon Wales popped up. I then went downstairs(the section where the row of seats are) to see if Simon Wales was really dead and then 2 leadhead splicers ran right by me on the stairs and just stopped there in a conjoined way(overlapping each other). Shot them but no indication they noticed that. As soon as I went back to the 2nd floor section, the trophy Defeated the Preacher popped up. Simon Wales was dead on the floor near the vita chamber. Definitely did not defeat him. Has anyone else experienced this possible trophy glitch?

By the way, I am using the US version with the most recent patch installed. I loaded a earlier made manual save and tried the exact method and it gave me the exact same results.

Gotta be careful in that area where you fight him, on my Hard Mode run I kept getting killed by him in the hallway, then re-spawning in the main alter room.

Simon was stuck in the hallway and the door leading back wouldn't unlock, I had to reload a save way earlier on and make sure he didn't kill me.

Sounds like the entire area is a little glitch filled.

didnt get any glitch like this do u have any save files that are close to that spot

I have an easy file save for a dummy account that I used to see if the trophy glitch works and I got it to work. Couldn't figure out what exactly triggers the glitch though. By the way, like I stated in the first post, I had vita chambers ON. Yet, I got the Big Brass Balls trophy when I beat the game:eek:

Evidence: hshirako (BioShock 2 Trophies) | PlayStation 3 Profile

So, this glitch POSSIBLY triggers 2 trophies. I'm not going to spend any more time on this glitch though since I gotta work on the MP trophies.