DLC fix the march bug?

aliensNmycloset

I just saw that there was a new dlc for bioshock 2 and it appeared that one of the trophies acted as a prestige for bioshock. in other words, hitting the top rank and then starting over again from 1. Well I was a victim of the leap year bug and I cannot unlock the trophy for reaching level 30. I am currently level 32 and all I need for the platinum are the 2 remaining rank trophies. If I downloaded the DLC, would the prestige type trophy also unlock my unattainable level 30 trophy? I just wanted some confirmation until I spent some money on the DLC

Unfortunately nobody really knows. Its a rare thing what happened back then and I dont think many people hit 30 and lost there trophy. If anything, you (or someone else with your problem) would be the test subjects. You'll have to wait till it comes out (is it out?) and someone confirms it. IMO I think it would work. If trophy is triggered by hitting level 30, it should trigger again when you hit it again, but thats just a theory. Good luck.

Unfortunately nobody really knows. Its a rare thing what happened back then and I dont think many people hit 30 and lost there trophy. If anything, you (or someone else with your problem) would be the test subjects. You'll have to wait till it comes out (is it out?) and someone confirms it. IMO I think it would work. If trophy is triggered by hitting level 30, it should trigger again when you hit it again, but thats just a theory. Good luck.

pretty sure I read it comes out this coming thursday

I just saw that there was a new dlc for bioshock 2 and it appeared that one of the trophies acted as a prestige for bioshock. in other words, hitting the top rank and then starting over again from 1. Well I was a victim of the leap year bug and I cannot unlock the trophy for reaching level 30. I am currently level 32 and all I need for the platinum are the 2 remaining rank trophies. If I downloaded the DLC, would the prestige type trophy also unlock my unattainable level 30 trophy? I just wanted some confirmation until I spent some money on the DLC

Yeah aliens, i'm suffering from this same March 1, 2010 clock glitch. I'm stuck at 98% in Bioshock 2. I'm missing "Disgusting Frankenstein" trophy. Thing is, as you're well aware of, i recognize your ID from the postings over on 2K's Forum on this subject, NEITHER 2K NOR SONY seem to hear us disaffected fans. Sad really, and Bioshock was my favorite game. i'm hoping that this will be addressed by either of them some time in the future.

Edited by matlock49g

• 9 months later...
Yeah aliens, i'm suffering from this same March 1, 2010 clock glitch. I'm stuck at 98% in Bioshock 2. I'm missing "Disgusting Frankenstein" trophy. Thing is, as you're well aware of, i recognize your ID from the postings over on 2K's Forum on this subject, NEITHER 2K NOR SONY seem to hear us disaffected fans. Sad really, and Bioshock was my favorite game. i'm hoping that this will be addressed by either of them some time in the future.

I may be one of the last hold outs to go ahead and fork over an additional $9.99 for the DLC. The sole purpose of which was to rank up to level 50 in order to acquire the Rebirth feature, so that I could finally get my "Disgusting Frankenstein" trophy I earned and paid for already. It really sucks! Really sucks, on 2K's part that I had to spend additional cash to get what I previously paid for. I still hate them for it. And believe it or not, i'm still gonna buy Bioshock 3.

Anyway, I finally got my my coveted Bioshock 2 platinum, and i'm happy. Albeit tempered with remorse, but happy nontheless.:applause:

I may be one of the last hold outs to go ahead and fork over an additional $9.99 for the DLC. The sole purpose of which was to rank up to level 50 in order to acquire the Rebirth feature, so that I could finally get my "Disgusting Frankenstein" trophy I earned and paid for already. It really sucks! Really sucks, on 2K's part that I had to spend additional cash to get what I previously paid for. I still hate them for it. And believe it or not, i'm still gonna buy Bioshock 3.

Anyway, I finally got my my coveted Bioshock 2 platinum, and i'm happy. Albeit tempered with remorse, but happy nontheless.:applause:

Yeah it was cheap what they did, but at least you have the platinum now! Congratulations! :)