Stats

HenryHSH

Please, can you guys post your stats here?

I need, the number of bronze, silver and gold trophies you have including the percentage.

To be more specific, I'm aiming for people that have at least 1 gold trophy.

We're trying to figure out how the percentage works because it's based on points not only the number of trophies you have.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

My numbers: 9 bronze, 4 silver, 1 gold = 69%

Bronze - 8

Silver - 4

Gold - 1

Percent = 66%

However before the gold I was:

Bronze - 8

Silver - 4

Gold - 0

Percent = 48%

Just for fun stats.

I've played around with the numbers a bit and it's fairly obvious to me that what we see on the trophy collection is rounded. So my 66% could be anyhere from 65.1% to 66.49% (assuming the US standard rounding)

I was playing around with it and to me it looks like the bronze are approx 2.75%, silver 6.55%, and gold 17.85%.

Those aren't exactly correct as they don't add up to 100% but I think it's close to the right values.

Couldn't it be that the each trophy type has a hidden value that is different to each other. For example, some gold trophies being worth more than others. To confirm/disconfirm that we should look at people with different trophies, but same amount. For example, both person a and b has 1 gold trophy, but different ones and then see if the percentage is equal.

Heres my stats:

8 bronze

4 silver

1 gold

Percentage: 66%

Trophies I don't have:

Extra Ships Optional

Late Boomer

Shock And Awe

Borthers In Arms

Couldn't it be that the each trophy type has a hidden value that is different to each other. For example, some gold trophies being worth more than others.

I've wondered that as well. I'll use a 360 game as a discussion point:

The game Galaga is worth 200 points:

Breakdown can be seen here.

If that game were brought to PSN, and the achs were translated into trophies. Could the devs keep the underlying point values and just say that any achievement 1-15 is a bronze, 16-25 is a silver and 26-30 is a gold giving Galaga

7 Bronze

2 Silver

3 Gold

But with each trophy actually being worth different amounts?

Or do all trophies of the same type have the same underlying point value?

Bronze - 8

Silver - 4

Gold - 1

Percent = 66%

However before the gold I was:

Bronze - 8

Silver - 4

Gold - 0

Percent = 48%

Just for fun stats.

I've played around with the numbers a bit and it's fairly obvious to me that what we see on the trophy collection is rounded. So my 66% could be anyhere from 65.1% to 66.49% (assuming the US standard rounding)

I was playing around with it and to me it looks like the bronze are approx 2.75%, silver 6.55%, and gold 17.85%.

Those aren't exactly correct as they don't add up to 100% but I think it's close to the right values.

How did you calculate that?

I came up with 3% for Bronze, 6% for Silver, and 18 Percent for gold.

Besides, it wont be the same in every game, as every game will have a different amount of trophies.

Besides, it wont be the same in every game, as every game will have a different amount of trophies.

So did we...

You say that though tef, but it gives a perfect indication of the weighting of trophies for the levels. Bronze are worth 1, silver 2 and gold 6 for example.

And with the 3, 6, 18 formula, it works out to 99%, so could the other 1% be a floating percent that would eventually be the Platinum for Retail games?

My conclusion (And Webb's) is that it's either rounded or has a floating 1%.

If we have

e.g

Bronze = 3 pts

Silver = 6 pts

Gold = 18 pts

(double, then triple)

We get 99% in every case.

8*03 = 24

4*06 = 24

1*18 = 18

24+24+18 = 66%

Tried working with linear equations but they don't work because you'll need 0 > unknowns I think. They work when you have trophies of each kind, but not when you don't have gold, or silver, etc.

I've found numbers that are very close to what the answer should be to come up with 100%. (I had smaller numbers with 1 decimal but I lost the paper I wrote it on.)

bronze = 2.75

silver = 6.625

gold = 17.75

Anyway, I think the floating 1% works best. I'm sure the more games we have, the better we'll understand how it works but for now I think it's the closest.

Edit: Glad someone else got the same results. We had these before I asked around here, but I just wanted to use different values and see if we'd still get the same %.

Okay, I see what you're saying, but how I see it, is that it can only be a ratio. Bronze is worth 1/6th of a gold, and 1/2 of a silver, and silver is worth 1/3 of gold.

I believe this is true, due to the fact that 1/2/6 weighing would only allow for a maximum of ~51 trophies, at the current bronze/silver/gold ratio of 9:6:2, while we know that Warhawk will have 56 to start.

Okay, I see what you're saying, but how I see it, is that it can only be a ratio. Bronze is worth 1/6th of a gold, and 1/2 of a silver, and silver is worth 1/3 of gold.

That is exactly what I was getting at. It's a simple, double, triple. Double bronze to get equivalent to a silver and treble silver to get the equivalent to a gold.

I'm happy with that. A nice little stat crunch there :p

Because if you add up those percentages then you'll only be at 99%

Also, at one point I only had a few bronze but if I added up 3% per bronze I was over what my trophy percentage online says.

I just think by assigning whole number values to the percentages, that it's oversimplifying it.

Edited by DuncanR2N

OK, scratch what I said.

Ratios are a whole different matter.

I only got 99 cause I was using whole numbers but when I used 1/33, 2/33, and 6/33, that totalled 100% (obviously)

However, I still could have sworn, that at one point I had 6 bronze trophies, which according to the above ratios would put me at 18% and change but thought that online it said I was at 17%

Also, right now I'm at 66% and according to the ratios I should be at 66.666667% so rounded that would be 67%

Edited by DuncanR2N

OK, here's what I think might be the right numbers:

Bronze: 2,75%

Silver: 6,50%

Gold: 18%

It works in every case mentioned above:

8/4/0 = 48%

8/4/1 = 66%

7/4/1 = 63,25 ~ 63%

9/4/1 = 68,75 ~ 69%

6/0/0 = 16,5 ~ 17%

9/6/2 = 99,75 ~ 100%

OR

To make up for the missing 0,25 when all trophies are earned:

Silver: 6,5%

Gold: 18,125%

8/4/0 = 48%

8/4/1 = 66,125 ~ 66%

7/4/1 = 63,375 ~ 63%

9/4/1 = 68,875 ~ 69%

6/0/0 = 16,5 ~ 17%

9/6/2 = 100%

OR

Silver: 6,541666667%

Gold: 18%

8/4/0 = 48,16667 ~ 48%

8/4/1 = 66,16667 ~ 66%

7/4/1 = 63,416667 ~ 63%

9/4/1 = 68,916667 ~ 69%

6/0/0 = 16,5 ~ 17%

9/6/2 = 100%

I personally think 2,75/6,5/18,125 works best. It looks the most logical and you get exactly 100%. These might not be the right numbers but I think I'm very close.

It might help if other people told us which trophies they have. If someone has all the bronze trophies and no silver or gold if would be very helpful to hear what percentage he/she has.

I hope there'll be other games with trophies soon, it will be a lot easier to see how the calculating system actually works.