Bioshock 2 hard question

Ash_Flake

Hey Im just doing my final trophy on for Platinum and its the hard trophy (against all odds) and I was just wondering if you have to deal with every little sister as in like kill the big daddy because thats what happened in the first game.

Plus any Hard level advice would be welcome :)

Some levels require you to deal with the Little Sisters, other levels you can skip them because they are not the mission goal. Dealing with the Little Sisters and Big Daddies is still a plus on a Hard playthrough, though, because it gives you Adam and Adam gets you a number of extremely useful gene tonics that will make your playthrough easier.

Personally, I still needed the research trophy on my Hard playthrough, so I had to deal with the Little Sisters in order to get research on the Big Sisters. If that hadn't been the case, I would've stopped dealing with the Little Sisters a few stages before the end, I guess.

As for general tips for a Hard playthrough: be conservative with your ammo, always remember you can take out most regular splicers with the usual zap 'em and whack 'em technique with the drill, and plan ahead what plasmids and tonics you want to get (anything that makes security or other splicers do your fighting for you is a big help). And always, always look for cash everywhere.

Hey thanks for the advice man I just harvested little sisters and then when I had enough adam I got secruity plasma to 3 and then the hypntoise (sp?) to 3 and let the monsters do my work was a piece of cake in the end my only problem came at begining with first big sister fight :)

Exactly. Same thing here: my first Big Sister fight was the hardest, because I had nowhere near enough ammo and only the low-level weapons. I think I died at least four times in that first fight. Good thing inflicted damage stays inflicted, otherwise I'd probably never have beaten her.

I did most of Research master on my hard playthrough, hypnotize can be your best friend as it can save you a lot of ammo if you use it right. I did everyone but big sisters, then made an extra save at the last big sister battle, then reloaded that save and finished my research on easy.

Edited by Rosenort

If you are really hard pressed for money or ammo, be sure the research Houdini Splicers and Spider Splicers to completion. This unlocks the "Natural Camouflage" and "Fountain of Youth" tonic.

Natural Camo makes you to be invisible and allows you to either sneak past an enemy and avoid confrontation, or to line up that Spear gun head shot and get a preemptive strike.

Fountain of Youth gives you the ability to slowly restore health and EVE when standing under a leak (drizzles are insufficient) or a body of water. You can do this before and after every firefight so you can be at peak performance without wasting money at vending machines or health stations.

There is a trick with Fountain of Youth that allows you to summon 2 sentry bots without wasting any EVE Hypos. Knowing that summoning a Sentry Bot always takes a full bar of EVE, Delta will immediately refill his EVE with an EVE Hypo. However, if you are standing in a body of water or under a pour, you can summon a bot without having Delta immediately use a hypo. I did this on my Hard play through and had my bots do all the work while I sat back (invisible) and watched the slaughter.

Edited by xdanthemanx

I personally don't think you need any hints or tips for hard mode its really isn't that hard at all anyone thats played the first Bioshock on Survivor will walk through this no problem,I really could'nt believe how easy this was even the last few levels I thought might be tough really were'nt.

I got a question too about hard? does it matter wheather you harvest or rescue all the sisters? if you get more adam for harvesting sisters wouldnt it be better to do that on hard?.. and is ther a trophy related for rescue/harvest all sisters? thanks..

personally i would knock out what trophies u have left on easy and once all those are done just do another game on hard and breeze right thru it...right now i went back to it last night after getting my level 40 trophey and i'm already and that area with stanley poole..

good luck though this was a tough game for me to even get anywhere that i did its not easy to plat