Research Master in Hard Mode

markydr13

Missed this trophy on my regular playthrough (because the Thuggish Splicers disappeared from the game before I realized this was a permanent thing), so I'm trying to get it on my Hard playthrough now as well. Thus far, it's not really harder or easier: I think research speed is the same on all levels of difficulty.

Currently, I'm starting Dionysus Park and I've already maxed out research on the Thuggish Splicers, Leadhead Splicers, Spider Slicers and Brute Splicers. So yeah, it should be perfectly achievable.

You should not get research master on hard difficulty beacause in easy mode you can feel them with plasmids and weapon modes very easy on hard mode it will be hard

While defeating enemies is easier on lower difficulties, the damage bonuses and extra tonics you get from research are pretty essential for a Hard playthrough... as has been pointed out above. I think even if I did not still have to get that research trophy, I would still research the hell out of everyone just for those bonuses.

I mean, you do not want to pass up on extra damage to Big Sisters! Especially if you know what's coming up in the later stages. :)

Perfectly achievable. I got Research Master on my normal playthrough, and still ended up maxing out all research again on Hard. The damage bonuses and extra tonics are too good to pass up.

Same here. It really helps to max out your research on Hard even if you already have the trophy.

Finished my Hard playthrough today and I had maxed out all research before Persephone. So yes, it should be no problem to get this trophy on Hard if you missed it on your first playthrough on a lower difficulty level.

Done with single player now... next up are those last multiplayer rank trophies.

Finished my Hard playthrough today and I had maxed out all research before Persephone. So yes, it should be no problem to get this trophy on Hard if you missed it on your first playthrough on a lower difficulty level.

Done with single player now... next up are those last multiplayer rank trophies.

Nice, I'm on hard mode just hit the park area. Researching is giving me trouble keep getting killed might just run through hard from here on out and do a playthrough on easy with research to finish the game and get my Plat.

Nice, I'm on hard mode just hit the park area. Researching is giving me trouble keep getting killed might just run through hard from here on out and do a playthrough on easy with research to finish the game and get my Plat.

If you keep getting killed, try starting your camera when your enemy is at half health. You get a pretty significant bonus for killing them on camera. Also, mix up your plasmid attacks for higher research scores and equip Keen Observer (and similar) tonics to maximize your camera time.

There are more than enough regular opponents to go around for maximum research (if you complete the Thuggish Splicers before leaving Pauper's Drop, that is), but the Big Sisters can be tougher to complete. The Big Sister in Fontaine Futuristics killed me three times before I finally got a lucky break and was able to Hypnotize an Alpha into attacking her. Whipping out the cam and killing her was the last research bonus I needed for the Research trophy in my Hard playthrough. ;)

If you keep getting killed, try starting your camera when your enemy is at half health. You get a pretty significant bonus for killing them on camera. Also, mix up your plasmid attacks for higher research scores and equip Keen Observer (and similar) tonics to maximize your camera time.

There are more than enough regular opponents to go around for maximum research (if you complete the Thuggish Splicers before leaving Pauper's Drop, that is), but the Big Sisters can be tougher to complete. The Big Sister in Fontaine Futuristics killed me three times before I finally got a lucky break and was able to Hypnotize an Alpha into attacking her. Whipping out the cam and killing her was the last research bonus I needed for the Research trophy in my Hard playthrough. ;)

Thanks for the Advice i just completed hard mode those Vita Chambers really save the day. One last playthrough on easy difficulty then its on to God of War 3.