Either Elephant gun sucks or I do

thebestub3rn00b3r

I hope we are all familiar with the elephant gun. That being said. I swear that gun sucks. Even at point blank range I can't get a kill with it. People are always on about how great that gun is, but for me I just suck with it.

I do a lot better with the Machine Gun and Grenade Launcher. Even though the Machine Gun takes an entire magazine to kill someone with, It still gets the job done.

I would just like to know whether Its just me who doesn't do well with gun or the elephant gun truly sucks.

I'm rank 21 btw.

I tried getting to grips with it, but I found it too slow to line up a decent shot. I settled with Electro Shock and Nail Gun with the increased damage mod. By the time I'd stunned someone and revved up the gun, it was usually too late for them to fight back.

If you buy the DLC, try using the "Extended Capacity" attachment for the elephant gun and the "Head Hunter" tonic.

I had some luck with the "increased damage" mod but still struggled with it considerably. I don't know it is because of the lag or a lack of accuracy on my part, but many times what I thought were headshots didn't register (but still hurt them bad) and I got killed before I could follow-up because of the slow reload.

With "Head Hunter," a headshot with the elephant gun even without the damage mod is still a one hit kill (or close to it), especially after shocking them. And with four chances to hit them vs. two and a quicker rate of fire, follow-up shots are easier and misses are less fatal than before.

The problem is the environments are congested and don't lend themselves to sniping. If you are able to zoom in or shoot from the hip you may kill the individual you are aiming for but the gun fire rate is so slow that you will most likely be killed by someone on your flank or behind you before you can get off a second shot. I have no use for the gun but to each his own.

I really really hate the elephant gun for sniping (which is a contradicition in itself) which is a shame because a good sniper rifle would have been awsome in this, but as previous points make clear, the maps are too congested to allow for sniping.

And a sniper rifle that has 2 shots before a reload and those 2 shots don't even kill? Gah, even a headshot doesnt fully kill them.

So when going for the trial, I just did electro shock - then a close range hip fire with the gun. Its a terrible way to use it but it worked better than actually using it as a rifle :(

Edited by Shinfo
spelling error

• 2 weeks later...