I dunno about you guys, but I"m never buying another 2K game

aliensNmycloset

So i purchased Bioshock 2 and the strategy guide at a midnight opening at Gamestop. I had the leap year bug hit my ps3 right as I hit rank 30 and I enver got the trophy for attaining rank 30. I spoke to 2K technical support, and they were extremely rude on the giving short answers and all that good stuff. I go on the forums where they are a little nicer but the tech support people don't know a god damn thing about programming a game. Their solution was comparing your trophies to a friend and see if it unlocks for crying out loud. 2K actually made it so they could reset noone's stats. That is poor designing in my opinion. I think that should be a must for any multiplayer game considering it should be a way to punish glitchers/cheaters. Anyway, I pretty much spent $85 for a platinum trophy and I physically cannot unlock. Granted it is partially Sony's fault for the bug, but it's also 2Ks fault for their programming inabilities. I dunno if anyone else has experienced this but I'm just letting you know my problems I have occured so people might want to consider renting their products to play and not purchase.

I was playing Dragon Age Origins when the leap year bug hit on my menu screen. It sucked and i literally couldn't get back the trophy i had methodically and rightfully owned. However, what you should do before selling your game is: uninstall it (COMPLETELY) and replay it. I mean you own it, so its not like you have a time limit with it. Then Reinstall it and sync your trophies OFTEN!!

A) yes i played to level 33

B) How can it not partially be their fault when they set up their servers where noone can have their account reset? I mean honestly. And part of the fact is that they can easily remedy this by just changing the if, then statement in the coding for the trophy. instead having it unlock at 30, have it unlock and greater than or equal to 30. They're not even trying to help the many people that have this problem, but their focused on their new DLC. I'm fed up with their customer service.

A) yes i played to level 33

B) How can it not partially be their fault when they set up their servers where noone can have their account reset? I mean honestly. And part of the fact is that they can easily remedy this by just changing the if, then statement in the coding for the trophy. instead having it unlock at 30, have it unlock and greater than or equal to 30. They're not even trying to help the many people that have this problem, but their focused on their new DLC. I'm fed up with their customer service.

Well of course they are going to focus on the DLC. They are a business so they want to look at making money instead of wasting money. Resetting the servers if they could would cost time and money and probably would only satisfy a few thousand players (the ones collecting trophies) whereas they would be making money and making more players happy by releasing the DLC.

exactly, for that reason fuck em. I'm not gonna sit around and get treated like a second rate customer because they put shotty code in their product. I'm sick of people trying to stand by 2K and say it's only Sony's fault. The bug was yes, poor customer service, stupid tech support people, and an even more stupid coding team make me say no thank you to 2K.

Second rate customer? They delivered one awesome game with great gameplay and story with above 90% score in reviews, not to mention it was the best selling game in the month of February.

And why would they include an option of resetting your online stats? I don't think any games out there do that and I can't see why BS2 would be the exception. And it doesn't make sense for them to spend their money/time in fixing an issue that only matters a few hundred people out of the hundreds of thousands that own the game.

Would it be nice for them to work in this issue and help people that got affected by the clock bug? Sure, and who knows, maybe they are working on some kind of patch that will fix this but like I said before 2K has no reason to be doing this since the one that fvcked up was Sony.

I pretty much spent $85 for a platinum trophy

I hope you can read this back to yourself, hear how it sounds and puts things into perspective a little bit.

That aside, Sony dropped the ball on this issue, not 2K. If you grievance with 2K was about their shoddy conduct around the "DLC", fair enough. But the trophy corruption issue rests solely on Sony's doorstep.

For those reasons aliens just mentioned, is why I'm EXTREMELY picky about my gaming purchases now. Yes, Sony, ultimately, when it's all said and done, your lack of foresight caught us off guard. BUT...what about the general standard for coding for the original game? Remember, we PLAY games. These guys lives are based off of looking at gaming history, years of making games, playing games also, and looking at how to expand on future gaming franchises. 2K, those..."extras"...aren't standard, by now? Those provisions to stop online cheating, cheesy glitches (from games that had "years" of development...) and what not are still a major issue? STILL?

In all fairness, I think you just got extremely unlucky.

2K possibly could have been more helpful, assuming they were as unsupportive as you're making them out to be, but you're just a victim of unfortunate circumstances.

To have the bug hit at those exact few seconds that the trophy should have unlocked is pretty rotten luck and I hope it pops eventually.

I hope you can read this back to yourself, hear how it sounds and puts things into perspective a little bit.

That aside, Sony dropped the ball on this issue, not 2K. If you grievance with 2K was about their shoddy conduct around the "DLC", fair enough. But the trophy corruption issue rests solely on Sony's doorstep.

I have to agree with this sentiment. You're getting WAY too worked up over a picture of a trophy and a digit. I like unlocking achievement too (obviously, since I am on here) and I got screwed by the "non-leap year" glitch too (lost all but 4 Heavy Rain Trophies) but seriously, it's nobody's fault but Sony's. Why on Earth would game developers have plans in place for the consequences of a network-wide calendar-based glitch that only effects non-slim systems?

exactly, for that reason fuck em. I'm not gonna sit around and get treated like a second rate customer because they put shotty code in their product. I'm sick of people trying to stand by 2K and say it's only Sony's fault. The bug was yes, poor customer service, stupid tech support people, and an even more stupid coding team make me say no thank you to 2K.

man i see where your coming from man but come on remember bioshock 1? And now 2 and see who all was involved with this second release versus the first? I am a big bioshock fan no way would I not buy another 2k game if this is the quality of content they are able to produce.. But I will tell you one thing is for sure.. If they ever make a 3rd I better get a damn free action figurine for pre-ordering or I will be just as pissed as you.. And yeah both of them sony and 2k are to blame for your glitched trophy.. I think they will get things fixed soon.. good luck man hope things work out for you..

...can you not carry on to level 40 and see if it opens then? that might work for you.

This + a million

Shame to hear you copped that, it sucks, but as others have mentioned, chill the fuck out. 2K didn't know this was going to happen, as another mentioned, I don't think any MP game has the facility to reset you stats - KZ2 for instance, you get caught boosting, you get kicked out of the game... Repeat Offense, A ban from MP, they don't reset your stats, they just make it so you CANT play it.

Granted, resetting the stats would be a good way to deter boosters from doing so, but they'll just keep going at it... I think that preventing them from playing multiplayer is a FAR GREATER kick in the pants than resetting your stats back to 0 because it stops them even having a CHANCE at getting that trophy and plat for that game at all... given they were boosting for it in the first place would mean that they are obviously more dedicated to their trophies and this would be far more upsetting.

While I do feel sorry for you, I don't think going as far as saying "Fuck you 2K you'll never have me buy one of your games again" is a bit rich, sure, their customer service line was shitty, but have you ever worked in a call center? (It's what I do for a "living") That and being a developer, their customer service line is possibly even answered by the other staff such as coders and testers given that there wouldn't be a huge amount of people calling every day (for each country, they might have maybe 2 calls each day as an estimated guess - making it not worth hiring a staffer full time JUST for the Cust service line), so they probably have better things to do than be told that they should change the game when they've already spent the last few years making it. All this IS purely speculation though and I could most certainly be wrong.

Again, it sucks, try getting to 40, it will probably unlock then (hopefully), but chill out, its a little picture and another number on your trophy card. You quite possibly wont even care about your trophy card in 5 years time, look at the bigger picture and stop crying over spilt milk and just enjoy this fantastic game - because I'm 100% certain you would if it DIDN'T have trophies at all.

Edited by disinformation

man i see where your coming from man but come on remember bioshock 1? And now 2 and see who all was involved with this second release versus the first? I am a big bioshock fan no way would I not buy another 2k game if this is the quality of content they are able to produce.. But I will tell you one thing is for sure.. If they ever make a 3rd I better get a damn free action figurine for pre-ordering or I will be just as pissed as you.. And yeah both of them sony and 2k are to blame for your glitched trophy.. I think they will get things fixed soon.. good luck man hope things work out for you..

If this is the quality of content that they are able to produce I will happily purchase more games from 2K. Bioshock 1 and 2 were both fantastic games and I would be willing to bet that a lot of companies out there wish they had the talent to make this caliber of game.

The bug sucked, but it was not anticipated. It was not code that 2K screwed up on. It was not even code that Sony screwed up on. It was a chip issue that came from a different company that did not calculate leap year correctly. It is not something that Sony or 2K anticipated so how could they prepare for it.

Bring on Bioshock 3!

^

For some, trophies = gameplay. You're nobody to tell them how they want to spend their money.

In any case, OP: you just got unlucky. Look at it this way: there's a significant amount of people currently amidst or very near to achieving Rank 40 and pretty much getting all online trophies (not to mention everyone who has already achieved Rank 40). You add the amount of all those people and clearly, you're left in the minority. It would be ridiculous for 2K (even if they were able to) reset the stats of an entire multiplayer game just based on a few unlucky gamers. I know I wouldn't like it and I'm Rank 40.

The best thing is to hope for a patch or something, other than that, it's one of those rare cases where you're left screwed and it's not really 2K's fault as no system is perfect. Yes, Sony takes partial blame but like I said: no system is perfect.

Why on Earth would game developers have plans in place for the consequences of a network-wide calendar-based glitch that only effects non-slim systems?

Most sensible post in the entire thread. Could you imagine how many games would get released every year if developers considered every single possible event that could adversely affect the game? 2K aren't freakin' telepathic, they had no way of knowing that the glitch was going to hit.