Just a few questions :)

luigi2112

Looking on Metacritic, I noticed that most reviews were affected by the game being "too familiar to the original."

I can understand this, but as I have failed to play Bioshock 1, would Bioshock 2 be a better game?

On Amazon it's £18 for no.1, and £30 for no.2. Should I

- buy no.1 and wait for the price of no. 2 drop further, allowing me to buy GOW3

- or buy both now for £48

Any help appreciated :)

I would say purchase the first one, play that and wait until the price of the second drops. The first game is amazing also introduces you to the city of Rapture as a 'human' and not a 'Big Daddy' (2nd game). You can also get yourself used to the mechanics of the game with the first.

I am glad that I picked out the first game to play before the second, good advice on my friends part or else I would have just gone straight to 2 (like I did with Uncharted?! o.O)

Then you'll also have the money for GOW3 ;)

thanks for the advice mate

i started uncharted with no. 2, and i bought no.1 a few days ago for £15 - so glad i did, i've already started a second playthrough :)

Edit:

just found Bioshock 1 for £15 on play.com :)

Edited by luigi2112

• 1 month later...

okay heres what you do...

you buy #1 or both...

because BS1 tells you everything that is going on...

trust me its a great buy...

you'll probably even understand BS2's storyline...

i haven't played BS2 except for the multiplayer...

but i can guarantee, you will have absolutely no idea what in the he** is going on if you buy BS2 first...

you'll have no idea what a big daddy is, what a plasmid is, who andrew ryan is, the history of rapture, and who atlas fontaine is, as well as what little sisters are doing in rapture... it also helps to know why a man built a city under the sea and what went wrong with his plan... (i personally believe it was to prevent nuclear war from getting to some {that plan sadly failed})

ooh and you'll also know what a splicer is...

plus BS1 was sick and how they could make a sequel to a game that incredibly sick is beyond me... :D:D

• 1 month later...

Rather then opening a new thread, I thought id ask a question here.

With the telepathic plasmid in MP, does bigger objects make the damage larger? Also, ive seen a few players use electro bolt and elephant gun with like pin point accuracy. How are they getting head shots all the time and this is at close range and like 50m away.