March 1st Bug and Missing Online Trophies

DudeInDistress

So I figured that instead of creating multiple threads that we all use one thread as the problem seems to be the same for many

Summary

This thread will be used for those who are missing online trophies due to the March 1st bug. This thread will be updated with news from 2K and discussing any other solutions for this problem. I don't believe this thread needs to be sticky'ed but if you feel it should, let me know and I'll submit it.

Info

On March 1st, a lot of people lost their trophies due to this unexpected bug. Some may be retrievable, and some are, unfortunately, not.

First and foremost, make sure you check the Playstation website, or use the 'Compare Trophies' function on the XMB, to see what trophies are synced.

If you are missing offline trophies, use an old save to retrieve them. Hopefully, you've listened to the trophy guide advice of creating multiple manual saves! Offline trophies are really easy to get anyhow. If you lost your savefiles too, there is no other option than to restart the game. Having played the game already, you're bound to get all offline trophies in a matter of 2-3 days. Use the trophy guide.

As for online trophies, if they are objective-based, repeat these objectives, hopefully the trophy will unlock (can anyone confirm?)

As for ranking trophies, it seems that repeating the game will not get the missing 'rank' trophies, and this is what the thread is about.

What you should know and do

First and foremost, realise that this is Sony's, not 2K's fault, and that 2K are aware of the issue and working on a solution. For any technical trophy-related problem, use the 2K forums Technical Support thread. Do not use the telephone support as many have complained of poor customer services.

Also, see the thread here for a 2K discussion of the online trophies

Official Responses from 2K:

So far, we've gotten this response from Elizabeth (2K community manager) over at 2K forums:

Just wanted you to know that we're exploring all the options for this. I really don't know what's possible on our end and what Sony controls - and whether it's technically or realistically possible to reset stats without resetting everyone (which would not be good either!)

Thanks for sticking with us while we see if there's anything we can do to help out with the PS3 outage of March 1st and get you back your BioShock 2 trophies. :(

Right now, there is nothing that can be done except wait and see.

This thread will be updated as information becomes available.

Please leave any input that I could use. I have the platinum but I feel for others who may not be able to get it. Good luck, and those who are affected: you, too, keep us and this community updated!

I never got the error, bug, whatever but I am scared I won't get my GTA4 trophies. Was PS3 CECHP01 affected and should I worry?

I don't know about GTA IV, sorry :( but it seems like everything is back to normal but this thread is for those who lost their online trophies in BioShock 2 and can't retrieve it.

Well, if it's any consolation, long time ago I reached rank 10 in GTA while offline (server was late in updating my stats), so I played one more match and the trophy popped. Though don't quote me on this.

I just want to be clear on this..

some people actually lost their online trophies for bioshock 2? as in forever?

I got the ps3 error the other day. My bioshock 2 trophies dissappeared. Then after I heard that Sony gave the all clear that is was safe to go back online I fired up bioshock 2. The trophies had to load again like it was for the first time. At this point I was like "oh shit, my rank trophies." but when I fired up the multiplayer, they came back.

Personally, I sync my trophies all the time.

I got the ps3 error the other day. My bioshock 2 trophies dissappeared. Then after I heard that Sony gave the all clear that is was safe to go back online I fired up bioshock 2. The trophies had to load again like it was for the first time. At this point I was like "oh shit, my rank trophies." but when I fired up the multiplayer, they came back.

Yup same here.

If I'm not mistaken here, the issue is these guys attained their Rank 40, Rank 30 etc during the system clock mess up, therefore never received a trophy for it. However, since these are one time occurunces, as in you can't re-rank up, the trophies as it stands are out of reach... completely un-obtainable, unless 2K or Sony do something about it on their end. I'm guessing this isn't the only game though. I did wonder if this was going to happen that day...

And at that I do sympathise with you guys... it can't be a nice feeling, especially given that the BioShock 2 MP is tedious and repetitive for the most part. I have a horrible suspicion that a 'fix' might be more along the lines of the option to reset your rank, unless there's a way for it to detect your rank and grant you the trophy pro-actively... but it makes me wonder why this wouldn't have been the case in the first place.

If I'm not mistaken here, the issue is these guys attained their Rank 40, Rank 30 etc during the system clock mess up, therefore never received a trophy for it. However, since these are one time occurunces, as in you can't re-rank up, the trophies as it stands are out of reach... completely un-obtainable, unless 2K or Sony do something about it on their end. I'm guessing this isn't the only game though. I did wonder if this was going to happen that day...

And at that I do sympathise with you guys... it can't be a nice feeling, especially given that the BioShock 2 MP is tedious and repetitive for the most part. I have a horrible suspicion that a 'fix' might be more along the lines of the option to reset your rank, unless there's a way for it to detect your rank and grant you the trophy pro-actively... but it makes me wonder why this wouldn't have been the case in the first place.

It was an unforeseeable turn of events, no one anticipated this. They're working on a solution as we speak

Hi Yazter

Appreciate this thread.

Yeah i've had this problem also, as i hit rank 40 on the multiplayer for BioShock2 (which was also the final requirment i needed to unlock platinum) i couldn't at first work out why the "I Choose the Impossible" Gold trophy hadn't unlocked???...at the time it was around 1:30am here in the UK (the bug was making it's presence felt by then for those who don't know) & i didn't yet know a thing about the Leap Year Bug...:(

However i really enjoyed playing both the single & mulitplayer games in Bioshock, but naturally i do feel some frustration & dissapointment at not being able to unlock these two final trophys for my collection, i know it's not anybodys fault & just one of these unforeseen situations...but if somehow my rank 40 could be recognized i'd then have my Platinum & a big cheesy smile (as would of normally been the case)...otherwise the only way to get it would be to play multiplayer again but through a different PSN ID which i don't have the time nore inclination to do...I LOVE the BioShock series as many of us do, but i just don't have the time...plus i wanna have all my trophies on the one profile that i already have.

IF something could be done by 2K or possibly Sony themselves that would be AWESOME!...there must be many gamers around the world that were at crucial points during game play as the bug kicked in, not just in Bioshock2 but also during gameplay of other titles.

If your reading this & are one such soul please leave some feedback for 2K & Sony & then you never know maybe we will get lucky and a remedy may be created.

Thanks again Yazter

PSN ID Formless11

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Formless11.png "]http:// http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Formless11.png [/url]

Edited by Formless11
To add portable ID

I would also like to encourage everyone who is having this problem to visit 2K's board and post your problem in a courteous fashion. This will let 2K know that this is a problem affecting a lot of people and not just 5 nobody's. When Bioshock 1 originally released there was some texture and screen sizing issues and 2K made a patch to fix this. I would like to believe that if we are vocal but polite they will take care of us again. We are just going to have to be patient. It is only apocolyps3 +2 after all...........

As for the rank trophies I can confirm that ranking up to the next level or ranking up to the next milestone level (20,30,40) will not pop the level trophy you are missing.

I would also like to encourage everyone who is having this problem to visit 2K's board and post your problem in a courteous fashion. This will let 2K know that this is a problem affecting a lot of people and not just 5 nobody's. When Bioshock 1 originally released there was some texture and screen sizing issues and 2K made a patch to fix this. I would like to believe that if we are vocal but polite they will take care of us again. We are just going to have to be patient. It is only apocolyps3 +2 after all...........

As for the rank trophies I can confirm that ranking up to the next level or ranking up to the next milestone level (20,30,40) will not pop the level trophy you are missing.

Unfortuntely it would seem my rank 30 trophy wasnt synched and I'm current past rank 30...

I have an important question... did you mean the 30 trophy wont activate when I get the rank 40 trophy? or did you mean I wont even be able to get the rank 40 trophy?

I've been continuing the mp hoping to get rank 40 trophy, then reset should the option become available and get to rank 30 again... will this not work?

Yup same here.

Same here, except this didn't prevent the issue for me. I can't recall exactly, but i must have achieved rank 20 the night before March 1st. My 'Little Moth' trophy popped (i remember that part distinctly). I synched my trophies before going bed as i do every night religiously, then after another hour or so the infamous network message popped up in the top right stating i'd been disconnected.

Long story short, i don't have my rank 20 trophy even though i synched prior to the 8001050F error. They must have only been able to recover trophy info up to a few hours before the error hence why myself and many other are missing trophies.

I too would advise posting on the 2K tech support forums