Trophy problem related to PSN outage

SpikeTeflon

Here is the problem. I was playing multi yesterday and I hit level 20. Problem is it was during this snafu with PSN so the trophy pop'd but it was never officially recorded by the PSN server. However the level progress WAS recorded by the Bioshock server (I went on my other console, a slim, today and verified this). So I'm asking the good folks here who may have had this happen to them -any ideas how to make the trophy re-pop? Will it pop at level 21? Will it pop when the level 30 trophy pops? Has this worked for anyone?

Here is the problem. I was playing multi yesterday and I hit level 20. Problem is it was during this snafu with PSN so the trophy pop'd but it was never officially recorded by the PSN server. However the level progress WAS recorded by the Bioshock server (I went on my other console, a slim, today and verified this). So I'm asking the good folks here who may have had this happen to them -any ideas how to make the trophy re-pop? Will it pop at level 21? Will it pop when the level 30 trophy pops? Has this worked for anyone?

I honestly do not know. Did your BioShock 2 trophy set get deleted from your PS3?

Anyhow, I had a similar problem when I played GTA. I reached rank 10 (highest rank) while offline. The server was slow to record my progress. When I went back online and saw my online stats at rank 10 WITHOUT the trophy or platinum, I freaked out.

So I played one more game and the trophy popped, despite having reached rank 10 much earlier. I would just wait until the whole issue is solved and then play the game. If that doesn't work, ask in the BioShock 2 Technical issues forums here.

For the time being, just wait it out.. and then try again when the coast is clear

They are gone completely off my 60 gig fat, but I still have whatever I had synced in when I check them through PSN so I'm not worried that I lost them all.

Played one multi game on my slim and it didn't pop but I didn't level up to 21 either.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Just wondered if anyone was in the same boat and had tried it.

Thanks for the link:)

Teflon,

The exact same thing happened to me. Level 20. No pop. And it was on the night of the 28th.

My theory is that it would pop either at level 21 or 30 (the next trophy). I can tell you this for sure that it didn't pop in either scenario (I now have trophies for levels 10 and 30). I did have one other trophy pop since level 20 (Man About Town Trophy).

I tried writing 2kgames but they never got back to me.

I'm wondering if after I get level 40 if I can erase all data on my PS3 for the game and start from scratch. I want that Platinum.

Hate

I feel your pain, I had gotten four trophies on multiplayer (pretty much the first four trophies) in a couple of rounds and then pretty much the network crashed. I played a few more multiplayer games when the server came back up and still no luck with getting those trophies back; but I was able to get Two-Bit Heroics and a few other trophies no problem.

I'm just thinking that whenever you get all the trophies - including the ones that got fucked up - that that's when those trophies should pop up or otherwise no platinum.

First Rate Hate,

Sorry but once you miss it you miss it. The only way to reset your stats is at the server level also. That data is not stored on your system.

There is a active thread for this problem over at the 2K forums. I recommend you visit there and post your problem. As of right now 2K is "looking into it".