has anyone...

dellboy

i've never played final fantasy at all might try this one though:think:

That is a very depressing statement right there :p

FF7 was a major part of my teenage years man, going through boss fights with friends, collecting every materia and mastering them, getting the level 4 limits.

[spoiler=ID]Making Aeries really powerful before she died, and then being really sad when she did

As sad as that sounds....was fun :)

That is a very depressing statement right there :p

FF7 was a major part of my teenage years man, going through boss fights with friends, collecting every materia and mastering them, getting the level 4 limits.

[spoiler=ID]Making Aeries really powerful before she died, and then being really sad when she did

As sad as that sounds....was fun :)

Oh damn good times!

i've never played final fantasy at all might try this one though:think:

Same boat as you. No idea why but just never got into them. Now it seems pointless as theres so many and I wouldn't have a clue to whats going on plot wise. As far as AVP goes, aside from the terrible online play, I actually found the game to be quite fun. If I got bored with one species I would just switch to another. Each one has its own pros and cons, but a actually like predator the best which is weird because that was my least favorite online.

@geiger12 - the plots in Final Fantasy only pertain to each game. You don't need to have played any of them to understand the plot of the new one.

as for AvP, I hated the marine campaign but had a lot of fun playing the other two.

Drove me insane on nightmare only.

I think the marine campaign had the best atmosphere of any game I've played in years. Nightmare is a pain in the ass though, and even though I'm playing levels over and over again, each playthrough attempt still keeps me jumping at shadows. Probably because I know that if that shadow kills me, I just like 10-20+ minutes of my life...

I think the marine campaign had the best atmosphere of any game I've played in years. Nightmare is a pain in the ass though, and even though I'm playing levels over and over again, each playthrough attempt still keeps me jumping at shadows. Probably because I know that if that shadow kills me, I just like 10-20+ minutes of my life...

The marines got me a little jumpy at times but i enjoyed it lol.

Yeah I enjoyed the marine campaign the best. Great atmosphere and cool gameplay...Really really not looking forward to nightmare tho. Im going through on normal - hard - nightmare, just so i know every possible alien spawn point, and to plan boss fights. I dont fancy getting caught out at the end of a mission

Yeah I enjoyed the marine campaign the best. Great atmosphere and cool gameplay...Really really not looking forward to nightmare tho. Im going through on normal - hard - nightmare, just so i know every possible alien spawn point, and to plan boss fights. I dont fancy getting caught out at the end of a mission

Best of luck buddy.

I dig AVP but it's really stressing Me out at the moment, I've managed to complete the Alien and Predator Stories on nightmare, but I'm really struggling with the Marine [like most people]. I've made it to "Research Lab" and I was having trouble killing the Praetorian Alien, but I've just read a post [thanks Normandy-SR1] that you can use the elevator in the fight as an advantage, because the Praetorian won't get on it at all, so you can just pick off the drones and dodge the acid She spits at you while nailing Her with the sniper rifle. I'm going to give it another go soon, but I do think it has lowered the enjoyment of the game a lot.

I'm really not looking forward to the last level...

Edited by SMITH_UK85

I dig AVP but it's really stressing Me out at the moment, I've managed to complete the Alien and Predator Stories on nightmare, but I'm really struggling with the Marine [like most people]. I've made it to "Research Lab" and I was having trouble killing the Praetorian Alien, but I've just read a post [thanks Normandy-SR1] that you can use the elevator in the fight as an advantage, because the Praetorian won't get on it at all, so you can just pick off the drones and dodge the acid She spits at you while nailing Her with the sniper rifle. I'm going to give it another go soon, but I do think it has lowered the enjoyment of the game a lot.

I'm really not looking forward to the last level...

In Research lab, as soon as you see the Praetorian fire a grenade at it then quickly run to the left. There is like a wall thing you can jump onto that takes you straight to the bridge without even passing a alien. Then just snipe the Praetorian on the bridge and the mission will end. I didint even kill one alien. :)

In Research lab, as soon as you see the Praetorian fire a grenade at it then quickly run to the left. There is like a wall thing you can jump onto that takes you straight to the bridge without even passing a alien. Then just snipe the Praetorian on the bridge and the mission will end. I didint even kill one alien. :)

hahaha I just did it, that was a joke of a boss, ta man :)

come on last level!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
hahaha I just did it, that was a joke of a boss, ta man :)

come on last level!!!!

I went straight for the jugular- marine nightmare first off, get the worst out of the way. The second level gave me more trouble than any other by far, My advice to nightmare players Don't give up after getting owned on level 2. It does get easier!

Anyways here's my 2 cents for the last level, worked for me.

Pick up the sniper ammo after switching the turret on. you should have around 60 shots for those b*tches-

I used the sniper rifle for literally the whole swarm before the 2 praetorians arrived.

Start off zoom sniping carefully as they run down the bridge, aiming for head shots, you can clear out the first small wave this way.

Shoot the canisters when they get near.

Once you start getting rushed, start to run squares around the four statue things, pulling sharp 180's to drop some head shots, if they get too close Gun-buck or shoot the body/legs. Now, hip fire shots from here on out.

When you've taken out a good amount, SPRINT down the bridge to the other side. Then sprint back.

The xeno's will follow and most of them will get wiped out by the turret if not on the way up, the route back down towards the turret.

Then unload the smart gun on the praetorians, Easy.

Using this method yesterday i did'nt use one health stim, As i never lost more than that first bar of health which re-generated!

Then i had plenty of smart gun ammo to take down the droids safely, with the smart ammo in that circle thingy inside the pyramid, i had enough.

Then weyland got the "come on then, Chase me round the table!" treatment, Easy, lol.

• 3 weeks later...