Game is way too easy!

PasRap

Where is Survivor mode???

I just finished the game on hard without vita on my first playthrough and it was so, so, so easy. The last fight I didn't even shoot a single bullet!!!!!!!!!! SPOILERS SPOILERS

[spoiler=111]I installed 4 mini turrets and a load of traps and summoned the big sister and just sat there and watched her kill everyone.

END SPOILERS

The Big Sisters were so easy to kill, just had to find water and fry her there.

This game was way too easy. It would've been a nice expansion/DLC to bioshock but it's no sequel. So why did Sinclair help us anyway? Why could I use plasmids and not any other big daddies?? It's stupid.

Edited by Woody

He's right though.

In comparison with the first game, this game is a walk in the park. On Hard maybe the first 2 hours are competitive, but then with the Adamupgrades and research, it's over.

... i like the game, but sadly it has gone with the flow of being noobfriendly.

Edited by MeganiX

lol PasRap that is exactly how I dealt with the end. I think I was also firing off insect swarms though.

[spoiler=test]But I agree once you have the summon big sister plasmid the game becomes a joke it's so easy. I remember the end of the first game I was out of money, health, ammo everything. At the end of this playthrough I had a full wallet, 5 health/eve and pretty much full ammo in all weapons. Didn't even need to start major use of the grenade launcher

Edited by lukey52

Try playing Hard with the tonic where you only have your drill and plasmids. Should give a good challange. ;)

Doubt it, I just finished my Hard playthrough without Vita-Chambers and the drill is pretty much the only weapon I ever used in the game as apart from larger enemies, everything is taken out in one hit with it or to the very least one drill dash (assuming you did your research and equip the right tonics).

Getting them Big Sisters with the Drill was a blast too! ;D

I just finished this on hard w/o vita chambers for my first playthrough. While I thought it was easier than Survivor from the original Bioshock, I thought it followed a similar trajectory. In the beginning most enemies could kill you fairly quickly and easily but by the end you pretty much dominate. Maybe that's why it was easier.

One thing I liked more about Bioshock 2 was I felt it encouraged using a variety of plasmids. The first game I got by with Electro Bolt, Winter Blast and Incinerate. This time around, I used Security Command, Insect Swarm and Decoy a lot. That could have contributed to the easiness too.

I don't see a problem here. Was it entertaining? As long as the game keeps you entertained, what's the difference if it's hard or not? I never got that.

It also only had like five original developers working on it, that could be why the diff. settings feel different.

Well you're not gonna be entertained if it's a cakewalk! And you definitely won't be entertained if you don't even participate in the final fight (or any fight for that matter when you get that stupid big sis plasmid)

Well you're not gonna be entertained if it's a cakewalk! And you definitely won't be entertained if you don't even participate in the final fight (or any fight for that matter when you get that stupid big sis plasmid)

Nobody forces you to use it.

If you think it makes things too easy, then just dont equip or use this plasmid, einstein.

Some people really find everywhere something to bitch about.

I had more trouble playing BioShock on Medium that I had playing BioShock 2 on Hard w/ No Vita-Chambers. For the last fight scene, I just stood there and watched. I layed all my mini-turrets down (four of them) and used Hypnotize 3 on the first Alpha Series I saw. Then I just sat there in Natural Camoflauge and called in two Enhanced Bots with Securite Command 3. That alone could have gotten me through the scene but I got even more help from a certain someone (hint so as not to spoil the ending: they're a pain in the arse to take down but this specific one's a friend)

The only thing that was hard in Bioshock was the 15min World of Hurt run.

Survivor without vita-chamber was easy - Security Bullseye was overpowered (intential failed hack ftw).

Heck, bots will kill Atlas for more than one phase with it and Enrage will take care of the rest of the fight.

*edit* I agree that Bioshock 2 still was too easy. I have yet to die in the single player campaign. Enjoyable, yes, but trivial.

Edited by lordhong

Bioshock's Survivor mode was tough at first but you do get more powerful. Hard mode on this game wasn't nearly as tough at the beginning but it still had its moments without vita chambers. As for the last plasmid you get, I hardly used it since I didn't really see a need to utilize it except once or twice.

I have a very odd and probably idiotic question:

I never died in Bioshock 1 (only played it on easy - yep i'm that guy) and so far haven't died in this one yet either (2nd playthrough - hard). What exactly happens when you die other than respawning at vita chambers? like, does the game restart from that point or all the enemies you killed also respawn, do you lose ammo or eve?

I know, i'm an idiot for even asking this but give me a break, i'm a child of divorce.

I have a very odd and probably idiotic question:

I never died in Bioshock 1 (only played it on easy - yep i'm that guy) and so far haven't died in this one yet either (2nd playthrough - hard). What exactly happens when you die other than respawning at vita chambers? like, does the game restart from that point or all the enemies you killed also respawn, do you lose ammo or eve?

I know, i'm an idiot for even asking this but give me a break, i'm a child of divorce.

With vita-chambers enabled, you'll simply respawn at the nearest one with full life and everything stays the same as when you died.. so say for example that you took off half of a Big Daddies health, after respawning, he will still have only half of his life remaining.

Anyway that's how it was in Bioshock 1, I never played Bioshock 2 with vita-chambers but I can only expect it to work the same as in the first game.