Soooo Bioshock 3 (Hugh spoilers for Bioshock 1 and 2)

Ashley2K

So we have all now experienced our second trip to Rapture so what of the next Bioshock? we all know theres gonna be one but what would you like to see in it another trip to the underwaters of rapture? or time for pastures new? What should we be this time? a Big daddy?Human?Big Sister?Andrew Ryan? What needs improving? where can the story go? Should james Sunderland look for his wife in Rapture?

Is there anything published that confirms a 3rd game will come?

I guess I'd quite like to see the game look at the time during the civil war but as a single player with a story rather than the online as it is now.

As to what you'd play, having been a big daddy people might feel underpowered to go back to being regular.

Whatever happens as long as they keep the same style of graphics, the idea of plasmids and tonics, the weapon machines etc, little sisters with the big daddys I'm a happy person. I'd quite like the game to be more open like the 1st as in being able to go back to previous areas

Edited by lukey52

I remember reading somewhere that the idea was to have BioShock as a trilogy so a third game in the series is almost a guarantee. As far as where the game should take place I think it should be in Rapture. I know a lot of people want to see it outside but to me BioShock is all about the atmosphere and the feeling you get while being in the underwater city of Rapture. I really can't think of any ideas for the story though.

[spoiler=stuffiguess]I imagine you will be playing as Eleanor as a big sister getting in to all kinds of crazy antics. lol I would hope that if we play as Eleanor we have some sort of Big Daddy plasmid or tonic considering she extracted something from Delta the end of Bioshock 2. Too many of the characters are dead now though. We lost Andrew Ryan, Atlas(Fontaine), Lamb (depending on the ending you got) Sinclair, and Delta. The only main charatcer left other than eleanor is tenenbaum. so if they do a bioshock 3 it might be kinda difficult.

well I don't think I'd be interested in playing the game if it was playing outside. I really think going back in time is the only way to go to keep inside Rapture. As olimpia84 there is something unique about playing in the enclosed underwater settings.

Also if it's outside there wouldn't be splicers, big daddies, little sisters, adam, plasmids and these features are what make Bioshock what it is so they better not do that.

Edited by lukey52

So we have all now experienced our second trip to Rapture so what of the next Bioshock? we all know theres gonna be one but what would you like to see in it another trip to the underwaters of rapture? or time for pastures new? What should we be this time? a Big daddy?Human?Big Sister?Andrew Ryan? What needs improving? where can the story go? Should james Sunderland look for his wife in Rapture?

LMAO Silent Hill 2 <3. Even though BioShock 2 was prequel/sequel at the same time I'm suggesting they go a prequel route. Play as a splicer maybe during the civil war of rapture. I know that's what the multiplayer had you doing but obviously in more detail. And even though I LOVED the route BioShock 2 took I still think they should use their old BioShock 2 story. Dude's child gets captured and you go into Rapture to get her back. But while battling the normal residents of Rapture the russian army invades trying to take control of the city. They recycled this idea in the game (you come about and follow his story through audio dialogues) but still. No matter the direction I'll be eagerly waiting for a third installment.

Don't quote me but, I've heard that Eleanor returns to Rapture after learning that her spliced-addicted cat is the lone surviving quadruped in Rapture. Eleanor battles more Splicers and Big Daddy's and even a new character, dubbed the 'Obese Uncle Mort' is introduced.

Eleanor and Frisbee (her cat of course, der!) fight their way side by side to yet another Bathysphere to return to the surface. Tenenbaum on a side note, opens up rehabilitation center for Splicers looking to kick their Adam addiction through herbal seaweed tea and Big Daddy massages. A sort of Rapture Spa clinic.

Don't quote me but, I've heard that Eleanor returns to Rapture after learning that her spliced-addicted cat is the lone surviving quadruped in Rapture. Eleanor battles more Splicers and Big Daddy's and even a new character, dubbed the 'Obese Uncle Mort' is introduced.

Eleanor and Frisbee (her cat of course, der!) fight their way side by side to yet another Bathysphere to return to the surface. Tenenbaum on a side note, opens up rehabilitation center for Splicers looking to kick their Adam addiction through herbal seaweed tea and Big Daddy massages. A sort of Rapture Spa clinic.

:eek: Sounds great! :rofl:

I also think that the game has to be located in rapture. Bioshock is all about this city, and as said above if we go out there won't be anymore splicers, adam, big daddy's etc... Now i guess we could be playing eleanor, but a prequel in which we would play a random splicer who makes his way through the civil war and get's more and more powerfull buy getting plasmids and stuff could be cool.

One thing is sure I will get the 3rd episode I just can't wait already and I'm looking forward to the upcoming DLC's.

The trend so far seems to have let you play the more powerful character and gather the supplies for the next powerful character.

Bioshock, the main bad guys are Big Daddies and later on you have to become a Big Daddy and get the armor and pheremones.

Bioshock 2, the main bad guys are the Big Sisters and you play a Big Daddy. Later on you have to collect the Little Sister armor.

Bioshock 3, you'll play as a Big Sister and then collect something related to the next more poweful boss. Big Mamma sounds corny. Little Daddy sounds weak. Big Brother maybe? As agile as a Big Sis and as robust as a Big daddy.

Has to be set in Rapture still.

In Bioshock 3 you will play Tenebaum's Son. After years of hearing your mother speaking about rapture you decide that its time you see it for yourself.

After arriving at the city, things are much worse... Now the little sister use plasmids :applause: and to save/harverst you must deal with them first.(they can even use the big sister plasmid)

Remember the first dude that got bitten by a slug when they discovered ADAM, he's running the show and want to create a splicers army to invade top-side to search for more ADAM. Maybe the splicers get weirder from ADAM withdrawal like in "Daybreakers"

And we must stop him.

And please NO MULTIPLAYER :D

I think they should go the prequel route where you play a citizen/splicer during the civil war. In the beginning the war is just starting to break out and you have to choose which side to fight for. Apart from some damage from the small skirmishes that have led to the beginning of the war, the city is pristine and different industries are still alive and well. Meaning that you have more non-violent interactions with the citizens of rapture.

The environments, as pristine as they may start, are destructible and play a much more strategic role. Speaking of strategy, I think that the "get as many plasmids as possible" mentality of the 2nd game should be done away with. Instead the more plasmids and tonic you acquire the more demented your character becomes -- perhaps driving you to track down and harvest little sisters for ADAM. So to get the good ending you would have to complete the game using a minimal amount of plasmids and tonics, and having harvested no little sisters. On the other hand, if you were to use a high number of plasmids and tonics you are pretty much required to harvest the little sisters or else suffer the effects of withdrawal which would adversely affect the gameplay. You may become stronger faster, but by the final battle you may find yourself needing ADAM just to sustain your levels of life and EVE.

Well, that was fun. If there is a 3rd game I don't really care what the story is as long as it's good and it doesn't completely jump the shark and go topside and you end up fighting zombie nazis (my favorite things to kill, but have no place in BioShock) or where too much of the first two games are rehashed with no real inspiration aside from piles of cash that it's sure to bring in. As for multiplayer -- I have just really started playing it and actually find it kinda fun. I usually loathe multiplayer because quite frankly I don't have the time to play and become as skilled as all those twelve year olds with nothing better to do. If they do implement multiplayer, which I can almost guarantee they will, they should just keep it along the same line as what is already there with some tweaks and enhancements here and there. Now only if we could convince them to get rid of the multiplayer based trophies all would be good in the world.

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/andysd.png

Edited by andysd

Base it in the future(around our current time)

You're either a: a private investigator, fbi/agent type, something. Make it jacks son to make it even more interesting.

This game should start on the surface.

Now your daughter goes missing, Push some leads, possibly get in a gunfight with a cult like group leader who's suspected of taking little girls. Through him learn about the lighthouse(nothing else about it just its location really)

Go down to rapture. And are welcomed to a new city.

City should be alive with two factions, Splicersand Normals. The normals took back rapture and outlawed splicing, Ingenuity and inventive minds overcame the splicers and rebuilt the majority of the city.

Now along the game you can travel various parts and interact with npcs without being attacked. But as you go along you get choices.

Splice or stick to technology. If you're caught splicing expect hell in every normal city (so dont show off those plasmids)

Splicers can evolve from the somewhat mindless freaks that they were to more personable people. They live in damaged/underground parts of rapture.

Now the splicers are trying to create little sisters, the normals are trying to free them and wipe the splicers out. Don't know how big daddies will play into it again. Your goal is to find out if your daughter is down here(which sources say yes) And discover about your father (bioshock1s playable char)'s past.

this is what I came up with while drunk one night.

Just a general Idea. It's kindof a mix of bioshock/deus ex

Edited by Malakai

No she kinda just vanishes (Natural Camoflauge tonic??), bit odd considering how big a character she is in the Bioshock backstory.

As for a sequel, dont think prequel during the war would be too good. Bioshock is great because you are alone, trapped underwater in a decrepit, rusted coffin with scores of junkies stalking you. Would ruin the feel of the game if it just played out like a big Deathmatch with bots in semi intact areas with a dozen splicers fighting by your side.

Maybe set it several years later, as part of a special forces team sent in after a submarine pings Rapture and your to investigate and recover anything valuable.

So I just beat it and Malakai puts it best, they should definitely go for a prequel route.

Actually, I don't understand what was the need to make a sequel. The story was completely pointless and a waste of time. The only thing of importance was the fact that there's a new leader who has opposing views to Ryan. And it wasn't like the game was tying any loose ends from the previous game, the previous game was done quite well; I just don't understand why they felt they needed to take a personal route and explain a story that has absolutely NOTHING to do with Rapture itself or how it came to be. I went in the game thinking I wouldn't get to know much, because I already know Rapture is destroyed and I pretty much was right. It just felt like totally unnecessary shit. The radio logs (collected all of them) was again, just unnecessary blabbering about characters and incidents that does not explain shit other than the power struggles Lamb faced. Then again, who gives a fuck about Lamb? Rapture was already a stalemate after the Ryan-Fontaine battle, and compared to those two, Lamb was just not interesting.

I think as a separate game, it would do good but as a sequel to such an epic game, I'm extremely disappointed. The multiplayer too was very generic (granted fun at times) and needs severe improvement.

Some of the ideas here sound way more interesting (the KGB-CIA one) than the bullshit about Lamb and her struggle. Pointless!

The story was completely pointless and a waste of time.

A matter of opinion, and an entirely subjective issue, though. What distinguishes between pointless and not pointless? You could argue that the story of the first game didn't really have an overall point to it.

And it wasn't like the game was tying any loose ends from the previous game.

Indeed. But the first game didn't exactly leave a great deal of loose ends to tie up. Both individuals vying for control of Rapture were killed, and so in the 10 years since, Lamb takes control herself. Rather than linger on the characters who are now dead, the developers wisely decided to tell a different story.

The radio logs (collected all of them) was again, just unnecessary blabbering about characters and incidents that does not explain shit other than the power struggles Lamb faced.

Shame you feel that way. I personally found the audio diaries to be a real treat, gradually revealing more about your character and your predicament, as well as telling some pretty interesting stories about other characters (the tragedy of Mark Meltzer being a particular highlight).

A matter of opinion, and an entirely subjective issue, though. What distinguishes between pointless and not pointless? You could argue that the story of the first game didn't really have an overall point to it.

Course it's an opinion, I never denied that. How did the story of the first game not have an overall point to it? One of the main reasons it was hailed as a great game because it had a very very deep story. There were fabrics of it being a personal story and an overall view of Rapture that was very reminiscent to the conversation going on about during the Cold War - what triumphs more? individualism or a collective effort?

But you see, the first game already proved that: Rapture, a supposed utopia for individualism was already in ruins because of that ideology. People competed for power and wanted to have an advantage. We understood this. We also understood that a society that was purely constructed of either ideology (individualism or a collective effort) would crumble, because you need elements of both for a stable society. The first game explained this.

So like I said, the story is very deep. BioShock never needed a sequel to explain this once again. We already get the point. We also saw more of the same destroyed environment, that was again, very similar to the first game. Whatever the case, the first game made a bold point that the second game didn't need to repeat. Pointless.

Indeed. But the first game didn't exactly leave a great deal of loose ends to tie up. Both individuals vying for control of Rapture were killed, and so in the 10 years since, Lamb takes control herself. Rather than linger on the characters who are now dead, the developers wisely decided to tell a different story.

Lamb was not needed; a different story was not needed. The first game itself ended pretty nicely. If anything, they could have had this game as the first story, but instead of her taking complete power, rather portray her competing for power while Ryan and Fontaine were alive (in this aspect, the radio logs made more sense). Then the second game should have been a prequel and the third game should have been the story for BioShock. I think that would make more sense IMO.

Shame you feel that way. I personally found the audio diaries to be a real treat, gradually revealing more about your character and your predicament, as well as telling some pretty interesting stories about other characters (the tragedy of Mark Meltzer being a particular highlight).

I can agree that there were a few that stuck out. But over all, the radio logs explained information about characters that really had nothing to do with anything. Lingering on to old characters is not a bad thing if they were as interesting as the characters for BioShock were. I'm pretty sure people would want to know more about how it came to this, not just another repeat story.

[spoiler=stuffiguess]I imagine you will be playing as Eleanor as a big sister getting in to all kinds of crazy antics. lol I would hope that if we play as Eleanor we have some sort of Big Daddy plasmid or tonic considering she extracted something from Delta the end of Bioshock 2. Too many of the characters are dead now though. We lost Andrew Ryan, Atlas(Fontaine), Lamb (depending on the ending you got) Sinclair, and Delta. The only main charatcer left other than eleanor is tenenbaum. so if they do a bioshock 3 it might be kinda difficult.

[spoiler=ID]Well technically, you ARE Eleanor. She did the same thing to you as the Little Sister did to you, Being able to control their body and their thoughts and such.