BioShock 2 new DLC officially announced

olimpia84

The first DLC available will be MP only. They plan on releasing SP DLC as well in the future.

Here's the link:

News: BioShock 2 DLC announced - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

In short this is what they will be including in the DLC:

* Rank Increase to level 50 with Rank Rewards

* New playable characters Louie McGraff and Oscar Calraca

* 20 new trials*

* A third weapon upgrade for each weapon

* Five additional masks

Though the multiplayer is apparently pretty decent, it still feels to me like a sell out. Especially with the first DLC pack being online only. It just doesn't feel Bioshock to me at all. :/

Oh well, pretty cool. I don't like the concept of DLC much, as I think these things should've been in the full game, but are released separately to get more money.

Hmm...I don't really see the point of adding more multi-player. And it had better NOT have more multi-player trophies.

why would anyone be concerned about more multi-player trophies? It would not affect getting the platinum trophy for this game. In fact, I'm not aware of any DLCs that have required trophies for the platinum.

personally i hope it has multiplayer trophies. gives me even more of a reason to keep playing BS2 online :dance:

I really at this point don't care if it has online trophies I got so damn good at the game it takes no time to level up or any thing my friends account is level 20 and I have been playing on it for 4 hours XD I do wonder how long it will take to level up to 50 from 40 0.0

Edited by Pvt Rain

playing Bioshock too much is dangerous, I was sitting at the lecture today and had a health bar above my teacher for a split second every time I looked at him after checking notes. I am serious. It was a bit freaky but quite fun at the same time :D

I'd love more MP trophies, tbh. But... if they plan to charge people for this DLC then I'd tell them to get the fuck. Raising level bar and trials don't even need any graphics or game add-ons and adding some minor things like 2 new chars and masks(!!!), really??

It's funny because I was about to post yesterday on how I was 99% certain that you could go above lvl 40. I figure this out because when you get to lvl 40 and you keep playing and earning ADAM you'll notice that at the end of every match when your total ADAM count goes up it does from 97000 each time and stays the same for the next match (kind of hard to explain but if you play the game after you get to lvl 40 you will notice this). This also leads me to believe that they will be adding trophies in this DLC.

I guess will find out soon.

I like the multiplayer additions however charging $4.99 sucks. Also as everyone knows level 40 is far stronger than 30. Now basically people who pay $4.99 are effectively buying themselves stronger characters what with the rank rewards and a 3rd weapon enhancement ... I feel forced into getting it to be at a fair playing field with those level 50's.

What I want most is single player DLC although how they will tie it into the story seeing as you can't visit past levels is beyond me. Perhaps they will add in that possibility or you won't play as a big daddy (although I'd want to use my pimped fully pasmid/tonic/weapon upgraded character)

seeing as (as far as I know) the SP dlc is unknown it's too early to say this dlc is worse than the 1st.

Also thinking about it what they did with this dlc is quite clever. If it was new maps it could end up like some games where you never find games on the maps since not enough people bought it, you could be in a great lobby, suddenly a dlc map comes and boom 7 of the people disappear. This dlc has been made so everyone can still play together and the dlc will not depend on lots of others getting it. I just hope the raised level doesn't create an imbalance

seeing as (as far as I know) the SP dlc is unknown it's too early to say this dlc is worse than the 1st.

Also thinking about it what they did with this dlc is quite clever. If it was new maps it could end up like some games where you never find games on the maps since not enough people bought it, you could be in a great lobby, suddenly a dlc map comes and boom 7 of the people disappear. This dlc has been made so everyone can still play together and the dlc will not depend on lots of others getting it. I just hope the raised level doesn't create an imbalance

Ya take halo 3 you got to have 3/4 of the DLC to play any thing ranked and a few things that are not why make DLC where after you pay the 60 bucks for it you go to throw 20 bucks more to play online -.- and its a big part I am sitting on PS3 and not 360 any more XD fools think I will pay to play shit maps just so I can get on...ya shows them XD

"In the coming months, 2K Games will also be publishing downloadable extensions of the single player experience that provide new insight into the world of Rapture. These packages will include more narrative, new tools and new challenges that extend the lore and fiction of the failed Utopia under the sea"

I'm looking forward to this more than the multiplayer DLC.

I might get it though, hard to say. Depends on how much money I have left after getting the Knox DLC for Borderlands.