"Server disconnected" needs to be addressed by Marin

Thalius

Cant play 2 games in a row without the game tell me that the server was been disconnect i had to level up every lvl twice this is just stupid.

And before anyone tells me that maybe the connection failed... it hasnt. This only happens after a game is finish and the results are been uploaded, which is very annoying because i loose every adam i gain from the round.

Does this happen to other people?

It happened to me a lot yesterday. I had like 5 "disconnects" that were enough for me and decided to stop playing. The worse part is that I got them towards the end of my civil war matches so whatever ADAM I got didn't end up being saved to my stats (it sucked really bad too because I was averaging a very good amount).

I then logged in at night and didn't get any errors and was able to reach lvl 40 :)

Im with u man, I cant even play anymore due to this. Loosing all the exp is very frustrating. I disconect almost every match and yea Ive pretty much had to level twice as well and just reached lvl 10 after a good 7 hrs. Are they aware of this or is a patch incoming or what? Mp is all I have left for (P) or is this gonna be Ghostbusters all over again?

I have had my share of server disconnects, etc. in BioShock 2 multiplayer -- many of which I suspect are "rage-quits," but even so, I'd say it happens less than in MW2 (even with host migration, which doesn't seem to work when the host pulls their cable).

I'm not saying that BS2 MP is better than MW2; it is really apples-and-oranges. What I am saying is that in my experience, BS2 players seem to "rage-quit" less than MW2 players.

:think:

I've yet to be DC'd. Worst I've experienced is lag from a crappy host (Which lead to an easy victory and some trials unlocked) or the host bailing.

Might be due to me having my PS3 wired instead of using my wireless.

I've also noticed the game no longer gives out 1st place rewards to everyone if the host DC's right at the start of the match.

Yes it is definitely not a lie...I watch this happen to my brother alot, it seems to happen when he has really good games and when this server disconnect thing happens he doesnt get the xp as opposed to the host leaving and you still get the xp...these are 2 different things. Glad this wasnt happening when I was playing because I couldnt wait to 40 so I could play something fun.

I think it all depends on your location. I've never experienced much lag but the lag is present nonetheless. I've also had some issues where I had lost all my trials and had to re-do some of them. It's not really a big deal for me since I don't care about the trials but I'm assuming it can get annoying for people who do.

I played on a wireless connection from 1-40. I had well over 100 disconnects but never once lost my ADAM.

Guess it all depends on your connection & luck I dunno. All I know is that it is not cool. Since I switched to Wired I have not encountered this problem at all and was able to go from lvl 10 to 24 in one day. :cool:

Exactly. So the TC trying to say he had to level up twice is just a lie.

Its not a lie... im talking when the round endeds and you stats are being uploads the server disconnected and you loose all ADAM i didnt say mid-game.

When the screen starts to do the "congratilations" thing you get a 'server has been disconnected' message when you dont lvl up.

I never said "when the host leaves" maybe you should pay attention when reading before you call me a liar...

Edited by Thalius

Thalius isn't lying. It happened to me as well a few times. Right when the Congratulations screen pops up the PS3 tells me "an error has occured". I then am returned to the main menu of BioShock 2 and when I check on my online status all the ADAM I earned during the last match is lost. That really sucks, they should patch it.

Ive seen it happen as well. The ADAM isn't that big of a deal to me, what is is the trials!!! Grrr Ive had a few matches where Id complete multiple trials and none got recorded!!! Im still trying to get back "Waste not, want not" after about 10 hours of playing when I first it >.<

Yeah that happend to me too... really fraking annoying