Special Challenges

pikec21

I find that the challenges/trials in MP help emensly for leveling up quickly, but I was wondering if anybody else is having problems with some of them. I just qualified for the Massacre challenge, but didn't get it. Also, a friend of mine has tried to get one of the electroshock ones (I forget the name) and hasn't gotten it. Anybody else having troubles or know how to fix what may be wrong?

I find that the challenges/trials in MP help emensly for leveling up quickly, but I was wondering if anybody else is having problems with some of them. I just qualified for the Massacre challenge, but didn't get it. Also, a friend of mine has tried to get one of the electroshock ones (I forget the name) and hasn't gotten it. Anybody else having troubles or know how to fix what may be wrong?

Some are very straight forward, and others are not. If I remember correctly the Massacre challenge is the one where you have to win a match with less than four deaths? If that's the same one the catch is it has to be minimum of 10 minutes played. So if you were to win say a Civil War match and you went 11-3, but the match was over within 8 minutes, you wouldn't get it.

There's a lot of ways the trials can be messed up. I SWORE I solo'd three or four Big Daddies, but if someone gets even .0001% damage in you don't get it. My best attempt prior to actually unlocking it was when a god damn turret ended up shooting him just before he died and ruined it for me.

There's easy ways to unlock a lot of them, but those easy ways are always very situational and/or require a lot of luck.

It's best to just play and not focus on them. I unlocked at least 80-90% of them without focusing on any but the Big Daddy ones because they're easy (except for one). The bulk of the ones I missed were the Turf War, Capture the Sister, and ADAM grab ones.

If you are die hard about unlocking them, as some people are, I might just write up a trial guide so people know the best methods of getting them.

There's a lot of ways the trials can be messed up. I SWORE I solo'd three or four Big Daddies, but if someone gets even .0001% damage in you don't get it. My best attempt prior to actually unlocking it was when a god damn turret ended up shooting him just before he died and ruined it for me.

Are you talking about Daddy Domination? (taking down 2 Big Daddies in one match). I've just got this one and I am 100% sure I didn't deal all of the damage on either, just finished them off with a swarm hit followed my some Nail Gun love! :D

Are you talking about Daddy Domination? (taking down 2 Big Daddies in one match). I've just got this one and I am 100% sure I didn't deal all of the damage on either, just finished them off with a swarm hit followed my some Nail Gun love! :D

Nah I'm talking about the trial that you have to quite literally do 100% of the damage to a single Big Daddy. It's much more difficult to get than getting the killshot on 2 in one match. The reason being that you have to get him totally isolated and survive the entire fight with him. The only way to really pull it off is to have Houdini on and be fighting someone that really isn't very good as a Big Daddy.

Nah I'm talking about the trial that you have to quite literally do 100% of the damage to a single Big Daddy. It's much more difficult to get than getting the killshot on 2 in one match. The reason being that you have to get him totally isolated and survive the entire fight with him. The only way to really pull it off is to have Houdini on and be fighting someone that really isn't very good as a Big Daddy.

Ya its a level 39 trial I think I know what your talking about.

I know the one where you have to shoot a big daddy with 20 rounds of a Tommy gun with out missing or maybe its realoading? 'Not like it matters I did both XD" but its the only weapon trial left made me mad trying to get it for hours and nothing oh well -.-

Perhaps you were lagging? Is it 20 in a row? I thought it was 20 from the clip. Either way sneak up to behind a big daddy using Houdini then Insect swarm him from behind and open fire with the machine gun. It's how I got it. Best done on capture the sister as the big daddy will normally (unless they are new and have no idea what to do) protect the little sister so you'll find him easily enough

Perhaps you were lagging? Is it 20 in a row? I thought it was 20 from the clip. Either way sneak up to behind a big daddy using Houdini then Insect swarm him from behind and open fire with the machine gun. It's how I got it. Best done on capture the sister as the big daddy will normally (unless they are new and have no idea what to do) protect the little sister so you'll find him easily enough

I was not lagging I when I am on have some of the best net around and get host in every online game I play I have done it many times I walk up behind the daddy and shoot ALL 40 rounds in to the thing non stop no missing and it has not popped I have just gave up and really don't care any more about online now that I hit 40 lolol but ya its not popping up.

If I remember correctly the Massacre challenge is the one where you have to win a match with less than four deaths? If that's the same one the catch is it has to be minimum of 10 minutes played.

...If you are die hard about unlocking them, as some people are, I might just write up a trial guide so people know the best methods of getting them.

The massacre one is where you kill 25 splicers in one match. I think this trial might work like the Mother Goose trophy. The first time I did it, I got a kill right before time expired, and nothing happened. I got it with about 2 minutes left later and got it then.

I think a guide for this might be a cool idea if enough people need it. I would have enjoyed it, but now I only need 4,000 ADAM and only a couple trials left that I don't plan on getting anyways.

Edited by pikec21

Ah, I can see why I haven't discovered that trial yet. I'm still a few levels away from unlocking it.