How long does it take to get to Rank 40 legitimately?

Pokkit_

15-25 hours. The low end being if you focus on nothing but leveling fast and are skilled, the high end if you dick around and aren't that great. If you were one of the worst shooter players in the world it still shouldn't take more than 30 hours to pull off, because this isn't your run of the mill shooter.

I did it in 18 even and spent toooooons of time being an idiot with Capture the Sister, and playing with the only 40's around, otherwise I would've done it in 14-15.

You can check out my guide on how to get every online trophy, as well as tips and tricks on how to be a good player:

Multiplayer Trophy Guide, Roadmap, Tips, and Tricks

Not very long. I played only Capture the Sister so it took me a bit longer than it should have, but then again i did spend 4 hours on ONE trial just because i got mad lol

I tried to go for trail because the are great for ADAM, but i hit one challenge (kill an enemy by light oil on fire) i have done this several time before i unlocked the challenge, but once i started trying to get it i just couldnt do it haha. I stopped trying to get ADAM out of shear anger for failing at this trial and tried to get it and only it causing me to get only about 250 ADAM for about 15 games in a row haha. At that point i considered just forgetting about it, but it was personal now so i spent about 4 hours trying to get this trial haha

So as you can see, it is pretty quick even if you mess around like i did haha.

Not very long. I played only Capture the Sister so it took me a bit longer than it should have, but then again i did spend 4 hours on ONE trial just because i got mad lol

I tried to go for trail because the are great for ADAM, but i hit one challenge (kill an enemy by light oil on fire) i have done this several time before i unlocked the challenge, but once i started trying to get it i just couldnt do it haha. I stopped trying to get ADAM out of shear anger for failing at this trial and tried to get it and only it causing me to get only about 250 ADAM for about 15 games in a row haha. At that point i considered just forgetting about it, but it was personal now so i spent about 4 hours trying to get this trial haha

So as you can see, it is pretty quick even if you mess around like i did haha.

Damn bro, that's a shame. For anyone else curious about unlocking that trial the best way to do it is use the grenade launcher on "Farmer's Market". There is oil all over the place and if you shoot someone that is on it or even near it you'll do about 50% of their health in damage, and the oil itself will finish off the target which in turn unlocks the trial :D.

You should always use your Grenade Launcher on people near oil because it's an amazing combo because oil fire does huge bonus damage, kind of like electrocuting someone in water.

Damn bro, that's a shame. For anyone else curious about unlocking that trial the best way to do it is use the grenade launcher on "Farmer's Market". There is oil all over the place and if you shoot someone that is on it or even near it you'll do about 50% of their health in damage, and the oil itself will finish off the target which in turn unlocks the trial :D.

You should always use your Grenade Launcher on people near oil because it's an amazing combo because oil fire does huge bonus damage, kind of like electrocuting someone in water.

Lol wish i knew that before. I was trying to camp near any oil i could find and take down atleast half of someones health with my nail gun then cast incinerate andevery time something would go wrong. I would kill them before they got to the oil or they would just run clean through the flaming oil and just survive lol

Never used the grenade launcher i barely could set down my beloved nail gun haha

It really depends on how you play the different modes. I'm around 16 hours (I think) and I'm only level 32 but I like to play the game the 'proper' way. For example in capture the sister if I'm defending I stay right next to the sis setting traps and just waiting for people to take her and then kill them. I could be easily racking more ADAM if I want to by leaving the sis for a bit, kill a few people, get pics, hack stuff and all that but that defeats the purpose of the game.

Unfortunately, most people only care about leveling up and getting ADAM and they ruin the experience for the few of us that just want to have fun and play the game the proper way in modes like turf war, capture the sister and team adam grab.

What others have said. 15hours-25.

I think you have to be avging about 800 ADAM per SOTF game to get it in 15hours because I'm averging 700 (that's what it says on the leaderboards) and I'm lvl 37 at 15hours gameplay.

It's a bit of a grind, but just try and not focus on leveling and it'll come eventually.

I'm at level 30 after 16.5 hours. I apparantely suck compared to everyone else. I don't know how you could possibly be at level 40 at 15 hours seeing as when you hit level 30 you're just a little bit past half of all the ADAM you need to hit 40. But I see that people are doing just that when I look at the stats section so that just reinforces that I suck. Looks like it'll take me all of 30 hours or so for level 40.

it will seem fast at first but when you start to get near the 20's, it gets longer.

if you want to speed up ranking for matches like deathmatch, you should hack as much, take lots of photos, find adam viles, because each of those different things give you the same amount of adam. Also try to go for the different trials because those give you a good amount. i am not a rank 40 yet (nor will i be because bad company 2 is almost here and i want to play that ASAP) but i would say it would take about 20-30 hours unless you are way good (i'm above average) i get about on average 400-600 adam per game