Drill hate?

SimplySupreme

Basically every reviewer has hated on the drill, is it only me who thinks its fucking amazing?

I was starting to agree with them and then i unlocked the running drill smash which can 1 hit multiple targets at once and now I'm loving it!

I hope Funkyweed sends you a warning about that! I got one for bugger all

The drill definitely isn't that useful (on Hard) until you get the Drill Smash. After that it's absolutely amazing versus a lot of things. It's a 1 shot kill on a lot of things if you use the Drill Tonics and have Big Daddies researched.

Not only that, but against two of the splicer bosses it knocks them down after EVERY Drill Smash. So you just Drill Smash, unload with plasmid+other weapon, then switch back and repeat. It made the Father an absolute joke!

But against Big Daddies and Big Sisters, it's atrocious. You want to stay as far away from them as freaking possible to avoid some massive hurt.

The drill was really good I think. They could've found far more uses for it though, in terms of environmental ones like smashing hidden walls or even random puzzle gameplay elements.

XD I use it and die and then I walk in there with a gun and never get hit 0.0 diff play modes I guess lolol

Yeah we probably have different playstyles lol

Same here. Drill Dash + Winter Blast 3 = Unstopable!!!

YES! Nothing was more efficent than smashing them into little frozen peices. One-Two-Punch with Electro Bolt + Drill was awesome too

I hope Funkyweed sends you a warning about that! I got one for bugger all

You do know we can swear right? I know certain members here that swear in every post (Labreya :rolleyes: lol) I swear quite a bit on the forum here too so i doubt he will get i trouble lol

The drill was really good I think. They could've found far more uses for it though, in terms of environmental ones like smashing hidden walls or even random puzzle gameplay elements.

I agree, when you first get it and have to smash that rubble, I was kind of expecting to look for more of that type of stuff throughout the rest of the game.

It's great gameplay-wise, but graphically I wish it looked more grisly. I want to be able to drill mofos and lift them off the ground at the same time, a la one of the trailers for the original BioShock. Visually, when it comes to enemy reaction, it's exactly the same as the wrench.

Basically like how the Big Sisters randomly pull Splicers to them and impale their asses, am I right? Totally agree with you it would be awesome at times, but in general it would just cause you to sit there like an idiot, with a Splicer on your drill, all the while you're getting destroyed by everything around you.

Basically like how the Big Sisters randomly pull Splicers to them and impale their asses, am I right? Totally agree with you it would be awesome at times, but in general it would just cause you to sit there like an idiot, with a Splicer on your drill, all the while you're getting destroyed by everything around you.
Yeh, kinda like that, except not just pull them on with telekinesis. I mean when you drill them the drill actually goes into them rather than pushing them back.

Well, if you upgrade Telekinesis to Level 3 you can pick up alive enemies. From there you can drill them :)

I know its not the same, but still satisfying.

True, I'm gonna give that a go now :) I forgot about the drill dash until only a couple of hours ago :p